The Best Spanish Foods/Restaurant

That's true. An acorn-fed pig may hang proudly at the local butcher's for nearly two years before it's cut up and sold (this was a 1960's account. Am not sure if it's still the case). What I do know is they indeed are air-dried. It gives the meat a gamy taste.

My favorite Spanish restaurant is Restaurante Teatriz in Madrid.

feel free to post your dining experiences here. which resto serves the most authentic (closest you can get to) Spanish cuisine in the Metro.

thanks. :thumbsupsmiley:

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the chance to go to Barcino's again the other day. My office mate and I we kinda tired of the usual cafeteria stuff and so decided to take our lunch elsewhere. The owner was kind enough to let us try some of the wines they have. Very gracious host. I also took the opportunity to buy some of my favorite snack items from the deli. :cool:

I had the chance to go to Barcino's again the other day.  My office mate and I we kinda tired of the usual cafeteria stuff and so decided to take our lunch elsewhere.  The owner was kind enough to let us try some of the wines they have.  Very gracious host.  I also took the opportunity to buy some of my favorite snack items from the deli.  :cool:

one thing about barcino is that the owners are truly hands on. this is a unique and pleasant experience.

been to barcino's last month and the place has a rustic, homey appeal.  i agree with your comments.

favorite restaurants casa armas, guernica, la tienda, alba.

fav food paella, tapas, cochinillo, lentejas, jamon serrano, canonigo.

casa armas is a favorite in this thread but guernica and la tienda are classics. i've been going to guernica since the 80s, 90s with my dates. my visits post-2000 was with my wife na!!!! B)

you're 1 of the few people on this thread who is familiar with barcino gourmet.

Hmm, I went last night to Alba's in Makati.

Ok pa rin siya. And for my money, one of the better cost effective buffets in town. Plus, bonus iyung romantic ambiance.

Less than P500 per head iyung dinner buffet.

I paid P990 for me and my date. Plus, bottomless iced tea for both of us. The bill came to about P1,200++.

Very reasonable for a nice romantic date in a spanish restaurant.

My date loved it. :blush:

Hmm, I went last night to Alba's in Makati.

Ok pa rin siya.  And for my money, one of the better cost effective buffets in town.  Plus, bonus iyung romantic ambiance.

Less than P500 per head iyung dinner buffet. 

I paid P990 for me and my date.  Plus, bottomless iced tea for both of us.  The bill came to about P1,200++.

Very reasonable for a nice romantic date in a spanish restaurant.

My date loved it.  :blush:

thanks for the post. nothing beats perfect evening... romance in the air, perfect setting, good spanish food. surely money well spent.

• 4 months later...

Glad that this thread is alive again.

Just before Christmas, a friend and I ate at Casa Armas in GB3. We had a tabla de jamon y quezo and paella valenciana. The paella was not as good. It was wet more like rice with afritada sauce.

You may want to try the paella of Chef Ed Quimson, available every Saturday mornings at Salcedo Market. Please check the thread on Salcedo Market for details.

Edited by masi
Just before Christmas, a friend and I ate at Casa Armas in GB3.  We had a tabla de jamon y quezo and paella valenciana.  The paella was not as good.  It was wet more like rice with afritada sauce.

I find that the various Casa Armas branches do not offer the same consistent quality. From what I understand, not all are operated by the original owners. Some are merely franchises (such as the one at the Podium, and perhaps Greenbelt?)

Because it's close to where I live, my favorite is naturally the one at Sct.Rallos in the Tomas Morato area. Not as crowded as the others, attentive staff, etc. I've lost count of the number of times my family members would go there for birthday lunches and dinners. Or simply to dine out when we feel like it.

• 2 weeks later...