Favorite Quotes

"Living from a place of profound authenticity involves being rooted in your deepest beliefs, values and truth and living a life that is a true reflection of them. It is about being true to yourself through your thoughts, words and actions. It means being willing to sacrifice any relationship, situation or circumstance that violates your truth. For example, if you are in a job or relationship that requires you to function in a way that is not in accord with your truth, you leave it."

~Judith Johnson

• Like (+1) 1

"...being true to yourself through your thoughts, words and actions. It means being willing to sacrifice any relationship, situation or circumstance that violates your truth..."

~Judith Johnson

To be our own personal hero...Therein lies the silver lining for mankind.

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively"

- Bob Marley

Edited by Unwritten
  • Like (+1) 1

To be our own personal hero...Therein lies the silver lining for mankind.

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively"

- Bob Marley

isn't it better to not depend upon another else for one's happiness and truth?

to be one's own hero and one's own worst crtitic, enemy, and also friend?

"But I being poor, have only my dreams. I lay them at your feet. Tread lightly, for you tread on my dreams."

- John Keats

• Like (+1) 1

@QD - There is a measure of truth in what you've stated. In fact, it is a significantly sizable measure :)

"There is an electric fire in human nature tending to purify - so that

among these human creatures there is continually some birth of heroism."

- John Keats

@ Unwritten - we shouldn't be too dependent on others for what we should be able to find within ourselves. For how can one share happiness, truth, love, etc to another if those are lacking from one's self. We cannot give something that we have not in our grasps. :) Good day.

“Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.”

-Fyodor Doestoevsky

• Like (+1) 1

I will love you as a drawer loves a secret compartment, and as a secret compartment loves a secret, and as a secret loves to make a person gasp, and as a gasping person loves a glass of brandy to calm their nerves, and as a glass of brandy loves to shatter on the floor, and as the noise of glass shattering loves to make someone else gasp, and as someone else gasping loves a nearby desk to lean against, even if leaning against it presses a lever that loves to open a drawer and reveal a secret compartment. I will love you until all such compartments are discovered and opened, and until all the secrets have gone gasping into the world.

- Lemony Snicket - " The Beatrice Letters"