Favorite Classic Rock Bands?

dixiewhiskey

ayus cge post pa kayo recommendations, retro trip ako ngayon e

matagal nko naghahanap maria cafra e kht reissue cd, pti mga pinoy 70's rock na pangstoner. kung meron kyo vinyl ng albums nla msg nyo ko thnx!

May nabili akong reissue CD ng Himig Natin (Juan de la Cruz Band) sa Tower Records 2 years ago. Binenta siya for 160 php ewan ko kung meron pang mga kopya.

Allman Brothers Band

Rolling Stones

Ten Years After

Cream/Derek and the Dominoes

Jimi Hendrix

Yes

Emerson, Lake and Palmer

Santana

By the way, there is an AM station playing classic rock music. It's called Rock 990 AM. The DJs are formerly from DZRJ--Howling Dave, The Mole, Bob Magoo. Unfortunately, low fi ang sound. There is a clamor for the station to migrate to the FM band. The station is rumored to be owned by Emilio Tuason of 99.5RT FM.

In June, RJ Jacinto will launch Underground Radio (105.9 FM), according to the Philippine Daily Inquirer. It will air also classic rock interspersed with OPM, indie music, etc.

The question begging to be asked is: did Rock 990 preempt UR or did RJ beat 990 to the draw on the FM band? I'm sure there is a niche for these two stations. With the exception of 4 or 5 stations, all 20 (?) FM stations sound the same. The entry of Rock 990 and UR is indeed a welcome and a much-desired development in the local music scene.

Allman Brothers Band

Rolling Stones

Ten Years After

Cream/Derek and the Dominoes

Jimi Hendrix

Yes

Emerson, Lake and Palmer

Santana

By the way, there is an AM station playing classic rock music. It's called Rock 990 AM. The DJs are formerly from DZRJ--Howling Dave, The Mole, Bob Magoo. Unfortunately, low fi ang sound. There is a clamor for the station to migrate to the FM band. The station is rumored to be owned by Emilio Tuason of 99.5RT FM.

In June, RJ Jacinto will launch Underground Radio (105.9 FM), according to the Philippine Daily Inquirer. It will air also classic rock interspersed with OPM, indie music, etc.

The question begging to be asked is: did Rock 990 preempt UR or did RJ beat 990 to the draw on the FM band? I'm sure there is a niche for these two stations. With the exception of 4 or 5 stations, all 20 (?) FM stations sound the same. The entry of Rock 990 and UR is indeed a welcome and a much-desired development in the local music scene.

interesting to a cge checheck out ko. sana mga bands listed above nasa playlists nila. thanks sa info

Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Queen, Judas Priest, Sex Pistols (Classic Punk Rock), Alice Cooper, Motorhead, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, KISS, AC/DC, Van Halen, Nazareth..

My favorite is really the Ozzy led Black Sabbath.. Iommi, Butler, Ward and Osbourne were the pioneers of what we now call heavy metal.. The riffs of Iommi, the beat of Butler and Ward have influenced so many bands.. Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Mercyful Fate, Venom, Anthrax, Sacred Reich.. the foursome were not afraid to release music that tackled the occult --- and it was not subliminal it was in your face.. just listen to "Black Sabbath," "NIB," and the song abt the end of the world - "War Pigs." At that time these were very very new.. people even considered them satanists but they are not.. as a witch once asked them to play and they declined.. that 's why they had the wooden crosses on their necks coz the witch warned that she would put a hex on them..

They were the catalysts.. Ewan ko ba the voice of Ozzy is not good.. but when he sings together with Tony's, Bill's and Geezer's musical instruments.. it blends well and it echoes one of the best sounds of the heavy metal genre..  :thumbsupsmiley:

wlang kapantay at highly influential. black sabbath 3p din ako ngayon e, pti mga stoner at sludge bands. check out mo sleep at dead meadow pre

With the exception of 4 or 5 stations, all 20 (?) FM stations sound the same. The entry of Rock 990 and UR is indeed a welcome and a much-desired development in the local music scene.

I strongly agree with your statement, pards.

I've been away from our country for quite a while pero I had the same observation when I was there back in the late 80s/early 90s. No mainstream FM/AM radio station played classic rock music at the time such that listening to the stations got to be so boring. I miss the days when DZRJ (AM) was called "The Rock of Manila". It was only when I migrated to the States when I started hearing classic rock tunes being played on the radio. Based on your posting above, I'm glad to hear that it's making a comeback. I hope it stays for good for the benefit of all the classic rock afficionados in our country.

Edited by willow_boy
I strongly agree with your statement, pards. 

I've been away from our country for quite a while pero I had the same observation when I was there back in the late 80s/early 90s.  No mainstream FM/AM radio station played classic rock music at the time such that listening to the stations got to be so boring.  I missed the days when DZRJ (AM) was called "The Rock of Manila".  It was only when I migrated to the States when I started hearing classic rock tunes being played on the radio.  Based on your posting above, I'm glad to hear that it's making a comeback.  I hope it stays for good for the benefit of all the classic rock afficionados in our country.

buti na lang me XM or Sirius satellite radio over mainland u.s.a. para talagang tutok 24/7 sa channel ng tipo mong tugtog, di ba? :thumbsupsmiley:

There just too many to mention but what da heck...

Steve Miller Band

Fleetwood Mac

Rush

LEd Zep

Cream

Pink Floyd

Jackson Browne

Deep Purple

Lynrd Skynrd

Allman Brothers

Kiss

Rolling Stones