• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Divorce In The Philippines

Why would they be afraid to voice out their thought on divorce? We have one of the freest freedom of speech in Asia.

I would rather believe it's irrelevant to them.

- Due to fear of the Lord. Most of the masses are afraid to say something that would offend the Lord, because they thought they would be struck by lightning.

I thin

With all due respect but I think having either in the first place is totally irresponsible.

I mean why would your rush marriage or do it in the first place only to have it broken off? Yeah sure because things changed in the first place or maybe the spouse wasn't who you expected them to be. So why go through the wedding diba? I think both should be stopped and people should be responsible and owe up to their choices. Kaya madaming Hindi responsable Kasi Alam nilang pwedeng sirain sa huli.

At marriageable age, a lot of couple marry because of social pressure.

- Their parents wants to see their kids to produce them a grandson/granddaughter before they died.

- Their were pressured by their trusted Feng-sui advisor to get married to improve cash flow. etc.

As time passes by, their parents died, their elders (and Feng-sui master) died, couples started fighting frequently, and suddenly they realized their mistakes, and try to go on their separate ways.

But genetically we a violent race who wants blood to be spilled on the streets, and our strict marriage laws dictate that one of the two should die (or be killed) in order for the other to have a second chance.

This is why I suggest to make marriage renewable like a driving license.

• 4 months later...

Why let both parties to suffer the consequence of a failed marriage? Kung mga bilanggo nga binibigyan ng pardon o nakakalaya after ma-serve ang sentence nila, bakit hindi pwedeng makalaya sa marriage kung parehas lang kayong hindi masaya? Kaya okay lang dapat mag-divorce as long as meron consent ang both parties, at dapat equal ang hatian ng conjugal properties and parental responsibilities.

Edited by Lonely_Clark_Kent

Aside from giving marriage a time limit, it would be wise to limit marriage by area . . . ie if you are married in NCR, your marriage is only up to the boundary of NCR.

Outside of NCR, you are single and available.

Walang forever, and you are not married everywhere in the Philippines.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really, napakamahal ng process and takes years. Also kelangan pang majustify ang annulment which is mahirap ang requirements.

Divorce is much better and should be affordable and easier to all.

Why would you want an easy way out of marriage?

The family is the foundation of our society. Strong family bonds are needed to build a strong nation. This is the principle kung bakit mahirap ang requirements to justify annulment -- para mag-isip-isp muna bago maghiwalay. Ang paghihiwalay ng mag-asawa ay hindi dapat gawing madali. Kaya nga hindi dapat basta-basta nag-papakasal in the first place. At kung may problema ang pagsasama bilang mag-asawa, pagtiyagaan na ayusin muna dahil napakahirap magpa-annul.

Edited by camiar

Yes for me. Annulment and the others are not really options because 1) they take years and 2) really expensive. Tapos ang underlying basis pa ng mga yan is that one of the parties is "psychologically incapacitated". It means you have to point out that 1 of you is at fault. It doesn't capture the reality that sometimes 2 people really are not meant for each other, or that they were at the start but have gorwn apart. Sometimes you are not really the same person you were in your 20's, and who is the government in preventing the both of you from doing the mature thing and agreeably parting ways?

In fact, ang nangyayari ngayon mas magulo pa. Either they stay together but within a loveless or even turbulent marriage where neither is happy, or they just live apart but can't really start the next chapter of their lives because they are legally and financially tied together. Sa akin lang naman, but I think it's the Church's way of telling us that we can't be trusted to make our own decision. Why prevent something and limit the options when you really trust your flock to do the right and "Catholic" way?

Among the hundreds of my friends and families who are married, there are a handful who are in irreconcilably turbulent relationship. A small minority. That tells you that the vast majority of people in our country take marriage seriously and they make their marriages work.

The government is not preventing people with failed marriages from doing the mature thing and agreeably part ways. They can do that anytime. They can part ways. But they can't marry again while his/her spouse is still alive. There are few things in this country that you're allowed to do only once, and one of those is getting married.

Edited by camiar
  • 9 months later...