Divorce In The Philippines

Our family culture is very strong with or without the constitution recognizing it. Its been tested for centuries. Divorce is just an option to those couples that really need to go on separate lives.

Our annulment is very strict? Lahat ata ng lalaking annuled is mentally incapacitated. Pera pera din.

The constitution mandates the principles that the lawmakers should follow. The constitutions recognition of the family as the basic unit of society obliges the State to strengthen and protect the family as an institution.

Divorce is the major reason for the deteriorating family cohesion in America. 40 to 50% of married couples there are divorced. Only 68% of families today are made up of married couples, down from 93% in 1950.

Why not instead make a law to promote family values and the sanctity of marriage?

The constitution mandates the principles that the lawmakers should follow. The constitutions recognition of the family as the basic unit of society obliges the State to strengthen and protect the family as an institution.

Divorce is the major reason for the deteriorating family cohesion in America. 40 to 50% of married couples there are divorced. Only 68% of families today are made up of married couples, down from 93% in 1950.

Why not instead make a law to promote family values and the sanctity of marriage?

Exactly!

We can have family formation education in schools.

Prepare the next generation of pre-teens with pro-family strategies. I do this actively with my kids.

Exactly!

We can have family formation education in schools.

Prepare the next generation of pre-teens with pro-family strategies. I do this actively with my kids.

Don't do they teach that already in schools? And you are right parents is the most important factor to instill family values on kids, If the kids have that divorce won't even have an effect on them. But we are not living on a perfect world and those couples may need the Divorce as a last option.

Also divorce stats in America is base on their culture not ours. How about the stats from the rest of the world. You mean only PH and Vatican are the only countries that have high family values or better family values than the rest of the world since they don;t have divorce?

Edited by haroots2

Don't do they teach that already in schools? And you are right parents is the most important factor to instill family values on kids, If the kids have that divorce won't even have an effect on them. But we are not living on a perfect world and those couples may need the Divorce as a last option.

Also divorce stats in America is base on their culture not ours. How about the stats from the rest of the world. You mean only PH and Vatican are the only countries that have high family values or better family values than the rest of the world since they don;t have divorce?

It's human behavior. People always take whats seems to be the easier way out, regardless of the long-term effects on them and the people around them. It's true in any culture.

If you make it easy for couples to separate, they will always take the easy way out -- to separate -- instead of working it out, regardless of how much it will make the children suffer.

Many couples separate because one (or both) of them found another person who is more sexually attractive. It's a universal human sexual behavior, regardless of culture.

We do not claim the PH have higher moral values than other countries. But rather, that our families are more cohesive than in the USA.

Edited by camiar
  • 4 weeks later...

Well maybe majority of the masses are not vocal or afraid to voice out about divorce. It's going to be a different outcome once divorce is already a legalized.

I'm not for divorce but yes, the formation of family foundation should be solidified.

Majority of the masses don't need divorce.

What we need is to give limits to marriage, make it renewable.like a driver's license.

When couples feel that marriage don't work, then just go on their separate ways on their birth month.

Well maybe majority of the masses are not vocal or afraid to voice out about divorce. It's going to be a different outcome once divorce is already a legalized.

I'm not for divorce but yes, the formation of family foundation should be solidified.

Why would they be afraid to voice out their thought on divorce? We have one of the freest freedom of speech in Asia.

I would rather believe it's irrelevant to them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Marriage is like a gamble, hindi mo makikilala ng personal ang isang tao unless na nakatira na kayo sa iisang bubong, araw at gabi nagkikita at nagkakasama at sabay na hinaharap ang pang-araw-araw na problema. After few years na pagsasama, saka mo pa lamang malalaman at makikilala ang isang tao. The question is, is it worth na magtiis ka habang buhay (in case he/she turnout na different person pala in real life)? You can both try to meet halfway, pero dapat dalawa kayo - hindi 'yung isa lang ang mag-aadjust. And what if, along the way, one of them fall out of love? It is still worth to sacrifice his/her life just for the sake of marriage or even for children?

Life is short! So short that if we can correct things before its too late, we have to... even it meant of letting go one another...

• Like (+1) 2

Sa mga ayaw mag divorce, wala naman pipilit sa inyo mag divorce kung ayaw ninyo, pero sa mga gusto they should have that option. And that's the practicality the rest of the world are doing.

Wala namang namimilit mag-divorce, kasi, di puede. Divorce is not allowed in the Philippines. So for those who don't want to divorce, it's no problem for them. For those who want to divorce, they simply can't. They don't have that option.

Just because other countries allow it does not make it morally right.

Edited by camiar
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

In my own opinion. Divorce in the Philippines Compared to annulment, divorce is a more serious matter because when we talk about annulment the parents are legally annulled, but both parents still have their rights when it comes to the kids and moral and financial support is present while on the other hand, divorce is a total opposite because divorce is a legal way of separating wherein if the mother have the kids' custody the father will no longer have rights to kids and moral as well as financial support is not needed that's why for me divorce in the Philippines should not be implemented.

Hi ms nami! I'm no expert but from what little I know, I think that whichever is the case whether in divorce or in annulment the parents' financial obligation to their children is always present regardless whether the custody belongs to the mother or the father, but it will of course always follow the qualifications of the law.

its just funny that in annulment,its as if the marriage did not happen at all and the only thing that will remain true in this case e yung binayad nyo sa pari at sa simbahan nung nagpakasal kayo kase wala nang balikan yon hahaha.

Edited by manoy buknoy
  • 1 month later...

Why would they be afraid to voice out their thought on divorce? We have one of the freest freedom of speech in Asia.

I would rather believe it's irrelevant to them.

- Due to fear of the Lord. Most of the masses are afraid to say something that would offend the Lord, because they thought they would be struck by lightning.

I thin

With all due respect but I think having either in the first place is totally irresponsible.

I mean why would your rush marriage or do it in the first place only to have it broken off? Yeah sure because things changed in the first place or maybe the spouse wasn't who you expected them to be. So why go through the wedding diba? I think both should be stopped and people should be responsible and owe up to their choices. Kaya madaming Hindi responsable Kasi Alam nilang pwedeng sirain sa huli.

At marriageable age, a lot of couple marry because of social pressure.

- Their parents wants to see their kids to produce them a grandson/granddaughter before they died.

- Their were pressured by their trusted Feng-sui advisor to get married to improve cash flow. etc.

As time passes by, their parents died, their elders (and Feng-sui master) died, couples started fighting frequently, and suddenly they realized their mistakes, and try to go on their separate ways.

But genetically we a violent race who wants blood to be spilled on the streets, and our strict marriage laws dictate that one of the two should die (or be killed) in order for the other to have a second chance.

This is why I suggest to make marriage renewable like a driving license.

• 4 months later...

Why let both parties to suffer the consequence of a failed marriage? Kung mga bilanggo nga binibigyan ng pardon o nakakalaya after ma-serve ang sentence nila, bakit hindi pwedeng makalaya sa marriage kung parehas lang kayong hindi masaya? Kaya okay lang dapat mag-divorce as long as meron consent ang both parties, at dapat equal ang hatian ng conjugal properties and parental responsibilities.

Edited by Lonely_Clark_Kent

Aside from giving marriage a time limit, it would be wise to limit marriage by area . . . ie if you are married in NCR, your marriage is only up to the boundary of NCR.

Outside of NCR, you are single and available.

Walang forever, and you are not married everywhere in the Philippines.

• 2 weeks later...