• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Pc's Open 24/7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

if you plan to not turn off your pc then get a small fan and point it perpendicular to the pack of the box. this way a strong air flow is always present at the back of the case. this will make sure that the hot air from the vent fan will be carried away upon exit.

if possible just open the case panel and point the fan straight sa mga parts. problem is, dust and insects can crawl inside.

we had a server running 7-10 daily for 5 years. hd broke down first. our present server was bought in 2003 and is working up to now.

we have a fan blowing at the back of the case since we purchased it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My PC is running 24/7 for almost a year now.

If it is in windows you need to restart it if it slows or pops some errors.

About the PSU, if you like 24/7 operation then go for a UPS "uninterrupted power supply"

But here are some advice

Be careful on adding fans on your casing. More fans not necessary mean cooler system.

Incorrect placement of fans will just increase it's temp rather than lowering it

Even though your room is air conditioned. Your hardware are taking huge amount of burden

You must consider not only the temp but also moving parts. Especially the HDD

In short running a PC 24/7 will shortens its lifespan.

Oh, I also want to add the it is only the CPU that runs 24/7 and not the monitor. (use the power save option of the monitor.)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

guys ask ko lang papano pag sa mga laptop or netbooks, ok lang din ba 24/7?

hmmm if you have an external cooling system or an air conditioned room, i guess it is possible. but in my opinion, i wouldn't recommend leaving them on because their parts are not exactly like the desktops that are for heavy-duty use (like for games in a LAN party to give an example). and the common problem i hear if that is done is that either the hard drive doesn't work or the screen is burned out.