Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

Dude, that I cannot say.

Sa ngayon kasi, basta nagmamay ari ng installer at marunong magreformat at magbaklas ng PC, tinatawag na mga sarili nilang "Professional Technician at napakalakas pa maningil or mangunsensya.

Here's another way to solve that:

kapag nagre reformat ka, baka reinstall lang yung nangyari. Kapag kasi reformat talaga, mababakante mo yung buong disk na walang matitira.

Yun ngang isang nireformat ko lately nung nag upgrade kami sa Vista, sinadya ko nang iwanang nakapartition yung 8 Gigs na nakalaan dati sa restore. Ayun, may extra storage ako na hindi madadamay pag nag crash ang system.

Here's how its done: Boot from your Windo$e XP Disc. Let it load. Kapag nasa screen na kung saan pinapipili ka ng Drive na lalagyan ng Windo$e, i delete mo lahat ng makikita mong partition. Chances are may isang extrang partition na mas maliit kaysa sa C:.

Tapos, i select mo yung unpartitioned space (kabuuan ng hard disk mo) para doon i install yung OS.

Tapos, intayin mo na lang matapos. O kaya naman, manood ka ng TV habang nag i install.

====================

Dude, since computer mo yan, you should take every opportunity to learn from it. Just my two cents. Kasi magugulat ka kapag na discover mo na napakasimple lang pala ng proseso na ginagawa ng mga "professionals kuno" na sisingilin ka pa ng 500. hehehe.

Lalong lalo na kapag na realize mo na maling solusyon pala ang madalas na pag reformat at dapat ay last choice lang lagi ang reformat.

Kadalasan kasi ng mga common technicians, akala mo hirap na hirap. Iiling iling tapos kahit gaano kadali ayusin yung problema, sasabihin pa rin sa iyong "Sir, pang reformat na ho ito." Ni hindi nga tayo sure kung alam nga nila kung ano talaga problema ng computer mo. Hehehe.

thanks dude i"ll try that anyway thanks a lot master...

dunno if this is the right thread but here goes:

mtc IT peeps: need your help. when i shut down my pc and turned it on again, i received a prompt from the taskbar saying the ff:

You may be a victim of software counterfeiting. This copy of Windows do not pass Genuine Windows validation.

Please advise what i need to do.

Do i need to uninstall something? what, where and how do i do it?

it says in the prompt resolve now or later. siempre, i chose later muna (buying for time) but will Microsoft run after me?

What can i do to remove the annoying warning? it seems to be permanent until i fix it.

Thanks for the advice/help.

dunno if this is the right thread but here goes:

mtc IT peeps: need your help. when i shut down my pc and turned it on again, i received a prompt from the taskbar saying the ff:

You may be a victim of software counterfeiting. This copy of Windows do not pass Genuine Windows validation.

Please advise what i need to do.

Do i need to uninstall something? what, where and how do i do it?

it says in the prompt resolve now or later. siempre, i chose later muna (buying for time) but will Microsoft run after me?

What can i do to remove the annoying warning? it seems to be permanent until i fix it.

Thanks for the advice/hel

wizard23 d po license ang os na na install sau bumili ka na lng ng license kz lagi mag aapear yan sa windows mo

Mga bossing, help naman.

1. Nag ka bad sector pc ko, narepair naman using seatools.

2. After 2 days lang, ntdlr missing naman. naayos sa reformat

3. ilang araw lang, nag crash na naman, nag restart mag isa, tpos di na mareformat. Pinaayos ko sa technician,pinalitan ng memory (yun daw ang sira), DOS yung hdd, wla naman daw bad sector.

4. After 3 days, nag crash na naman pc, hanggang di na sya mag ON. after 2 days, try ko ulit on, nag on nman, tapos nareformat ko pa. Pero sobra uminit ng cpu.

5. Same day, nag crash ulit pc, ngayon di ko na talaga ma "ON"pc. Pag try ko on, monitor lang nakaopen (monitor derecho sa cpu).

So, di ko alam kung power supply, memory, hd and prob.

Nakaka 3 technician na ako, naayos naman nila, pero after ilang araw, sira na naman.

Sana may makasagot, thanks!

Like ko lang maayos to para ma upgrade at magamit ng bata. btw, yr 2003 ko pa sya nabili, P4 1.7

Thanks in advance.

Edited by warm vanilla sugar
wizard23 d po license ang os na na install sau bumili ka na lng ng license kz lagi mag aapear yan sa windows mo

btw, what's the worst that could happen kung pabayaan mo lang yung warning mag appear sa windows? hahabulin ka ba ng microsoft to pay the penalty for using counterfeit software?

tnx for the advice guys.

btw, what's the worst that could happen kung pabayaan mo lang yung warning mag appear sa windows? hahabulin ka ba ng microsoft to pay the penalty for using counterfeit software?

tnx for the advice guys.

The worst that can happen is that you'll see that notice everytime you boot into Windows. Also, the background of your desktop will change to black every now and then. I suggest either buying Windows or moving to Linux. :headsetsmiley:

that was quick. thanks R@v3n. if i reformat my pc, can i reinstall my old pirated XP? or where can i download linux OS and linux office? tnx again.

btw, i found out that my neighbor owns a Vista OS (original from US). is it true once you installed the Vista OS in 1 pc, it cannot be installed in another pc? or can i borrow the Vista OS to save me from trouble of buying??? pls. advise. i'm getting desperate hehe. thanks lot mtc peeps.

Edited by wizard23
Guest Leviticus
that was quick. thanks R@v3n. if i reformat my pc, can i reinstall my old pirated XP? or where can i download linux OS and linux office? tnx again.

btw, i found out that my neighbor owns a Vista OS (original from US). is it true once you installed the Vista OS in 1 pc, it cannot be installed in another pc? or can i borrow the Vista OS to save me from trouble of buying??? pls. advise. i'm getting desperate hehe. thanks lot mtc peeps.

ako na lang sagot. hehe..

yes you can reformat and reinstall using your old pirated XP. just remember to deactivate windows update.

you can go to www.distrowatch.com and select your flavor of linux. kung ano ang babagay sa unit mo. the most popular distro of linux right now is ubuntu.

office linux? or opensource office? you can go to http://www.openoffice.org or get lotus symphony at http://symphony.lotus.com/software/lotus/s...y/home.nsf/home

thanks leviticus. last resort ko na lang yung linux or opensource. i'm afraid i might mess it up bec. i'm not familiar how to install linux and open source. was trying to fix the windows registry and validated it but the product key was detected to be fake. was trying to do this kasi masyado hassle mag reformat.

Mga bossing, help naman.

3. ilang araw lang, nag crash na naman, nag restart mag isa, tpos di na mareformat. Pinaayos ko sa technician,pinalitan ng memory (yun daw ang sira), DOS yung hdd, wla naman daw bad sector.

4. After 3 days, nag crash na naman pc, hanggang di na sya mag ON. after 2 days, try ko ulit on, nag on nman, tapos nareformat ko pa. Pero sobra uminit ng cpu.

5. Same day, nag crash ulit pc, ngayon di ko na talaga ma "ON"pc. Pag try ko on, monitor lang nakaopen (monitor derecho sa cpu).

Nakaka 3 technician na ako, naayos naman nila, pero after ilang araw, sira na naman.

Like ko lang maayos to para ma upgrade at magamit ng bata. btw, yr 2003 ko pa sya nabili, P4 1.7

Thanks in advance.

try mo ibang power supply muna bro. get a good one.

thanks leviticus. last resort ko na lang yung linux or opensource. i'm afraid i might mess it up bec. i'm not familiar how to install linux and open source. was trying to fix the windows registry and validated it but the product key was detected to be fake. was trying to do this kasi masyado hassle mag reformat.

no need to re-format your HD or re-install XP, just do this

if you have a Jack Sparrow Windows XP, do this

1. Click START then RUN and type regedit

2 Registry window will be opened

Then Go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\Windows

NT\CurrentVersion\WPAEvents\OOBETimer

…and double click on it. Then change some of the value, edit it or just add any numbers and letters

now close out regedit.

3) Go to start > run > %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a

4) the activation screen will come up,

click on register over telephone, then click on CHANGE PRODUCT KEY

enter in this key:

JG28K-H9Q7X-BH6W4-3PDCQ-6XBFJ

Click UPDATE PRODUCT KEY

Restart your PC

Congratulations! You are now using a Validated copy of Windows XP

mga bossing, ask ko lang kung pano maibabalik ulit yung NTLDR naaccidentaly deleted eh dahil may virus daw.. please help po asap. medyo kalawang na rin kse ako sa troubleshooting eh

Dude, pwede mo ipasok sa ibang PC yang Hard Disk mo tapos, I copy paste mo na lang yung NTLDR from that computer to your HD. Kaso, kailangan same OS yung nakainstall sa HD mo at sa PC na pagsasalangan.

thanks dude i"ll try that anyway thanks a lot master...

No Problem Dude... But... I'm no Master. Hehehe.

Mga bossing, help naman.

Thanks in advance.

I'm afraid Hard disk na problema Ms. Sugar. Ganyan talaga sintomas ng Hard disk kapag pabigay na. Paulit ulit naco corrupt tapos paunti ng paunti ang interval between ctaches.

Its a wonder naka tatlo ka pang technician at kung anu-ano pa pinabili mo. I advise you na wag na wag mo nang kukunin yung tatlo na yon. They're just wasting your time and money.

Natural talagang nangyayari yan sa mga Hard disk. Kasi nasa 6 years ang average effective lifespan ng HD. Since it was Bought at 2003 at around 5 years na sya, its bound to happen.

Here's the "el cheapo" way to solve your problem":

• *Remove the old hard disk and remember to note how you removed it (you need to remember so you won't have trouble putting it back)
    *take it to a PC parts store and ask for something like it or much better if its something with the same specs but with a higher capacity.
    *You could disregard the first two since surely, it would be an IDE Hard Disk and not a SATA. You could go straight to the nearest PC parts store and ask for an IDE Hard Disk. You choose what capacity you need. But I'd have to say "Don't choose something lower than 40 Gigs." Hehehe. Although, if you're not really adept at PC troubleshooting, I suggest you go through with the first two steps.
    *you might want to buy a Windows XP installer while you're out... but if you know where to borrow one, you could also consider that. Also consider the installers of all other software you wanna install.
    *Attach the new Hard disk onto your CPU. (Remember how you removed it) Take note that you don't tightly screw it on since the Disk would need to vibrate a bit and clasping it on too tight would lead to poor performance later on. You just put the screws on so it wouldn't fall off.
    *Start your Computer. Eject the disc Drive. Insert the Windows XP Disc.
    *Press the reset button or restart.
    *Let it boot from the CD. (Might require you to "press any key to boot from CD...")
    *Follow onscreen instructions on setting up. Its better if you format it first before installing. Its either that or it will automatically format before installation if the HD is bare or is brand new.
    *Wait for the installation to finish. It'd be better if you listen to the radio while doing this. It could prove to be a long wait. hehehe. Its automatic so you really don't need to worry much.
    *Once the installation is finished, adjust your desktop's resolution and other settings by right clicking any empty space in the screen and clicking on settings.

Voila! You've just installed Windows XP.

Then you could install all the other programs you wanna install.

But if you're still having trouble, I could have a look at it kaso kailangan natin i tiyempo na free ang sched ko. Hehehe.

no need to re-format your HD or re-install XP, just do this

if you have a Jack Sparrow Windows XP, do this

1. Click START then RUN and type regedit

2 Registry window will be opened

Then Go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\Windows

NT\CurrentVersion\WPAEvents\OOBETimer

…and double click on it. Then change some of the value, edit it or just add any numbers and letters

now close out regedit.

3) Go to start > run > %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a

4) the activation screen will come up,

click on register over telephone, then click on CHANGE PRODUCT KEY

enter in this key:

JG28K-H9Q7X-BH6W4-3PDCQ-6XBFJ

Click UPDATE PRODUCT KEY

Restart your PC

Congratulations! You are now using a Validated copy of Windows XP

hi brutus. tnx very much for the advice. i followed your instructions step by step then when i restarted it, andun pa rin yung warning but after a while nawala na. galing! i guess it worked!

btw how do i turn off the automatic updates? tnx again.

Guest Leviticus
hi brutus. tnx very much for the advice. i followed your instructions step by step then when i restarted it, andun pa rin yung warning but after a while nawala na. galing! i guess it worked!

hehe.. tagteam kami sa problem mo. go to control panel, security settings. turn off automatic updates.

hehe.. tagteam kami sa problem mo. go to control panel, security settings. turn off automatic updates.

no need to turn off automatic updates

you are now a proud owner of a validated copy of Windows XP

you can now download all the Windows update you want, including Internet Explorer 8 Beta and Media Player 11

without worrying about the WGA validation of the Mircrosoft website

to validate your copy of Windows XP

go this site http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/default.aspx?displaylang=en

here's my validation

WGA.bmp

HUMAN KNOWLEDGE BELONGS TO THE WORLD!!! -------Milo Hoffman from Anti-Trust

Edited by brutus

tnx leviticus. right now, i'm inclined to turn off automatic updates muna. na phobia na ko sa kaka update e.

brutus, appreciate your help pero takot ako ituloy ang validation. i guess praning lang ako. tnx again.

tnx leviticus. right now, i'm inclined to turn off automatic updates muna. na phobia na ko sa kaka update e.

brutus, appreciate your help pero takot ako ituloy ang validation. i guess praning lang ako. tnx again.

just do the validation

you will be surprised with the results

Thank you for completing the validation process and for using genuine Microsoft software.

cool di ba?

yes. thanks a lot to you brutus. i just thought of fixing my problem. never imagined i'll be using a genuine microsoft software. i already downloaded IE8 and WM11. tnx again for all your help!

:thumbsupsmiley:

i think nagsimula ito sa automatic updates. naka on din kasi automatic updates ko at pag may shield ako nakikita sa tool bar, click ko, at pinipili ko yung custom install. nakita ko yung isang update na para malaman kung genuine yung windows ko. hanggang ngayon hindi ko yung ininstall kasi nga pirated nga tong OS ko at magbigay ng problema, yun nga, ganito pala problema, lagi may lalabas pag start-up. thanks sa nagshare ng experience, nalaman ko rin consequence nun, hehhehe, pero kahit di ko sya install, tuloy-tuloy pa rin updates ng Microsoft sa akin.