Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

Masters..san po ba ang safe na pag downloadan ng mga drivers? reformat ko laptop ko kasi..back up naman ako ng drivers kaso infected pala yung na back up ko.. di makahanap yung driver searcher na program ko eh. TIA!

if you've met just the minimum requirements of the game installed on your laptop... possible reason why it is still running slow,means minimum is not enough... or u might need to add memory/RAM usually handles the performance... check your security as well.

to my fellow mtc.. ask ko lang po ung pc ko walang sound card

but nag upgrade lang po ako ng memory and video card nawala na yong sound card?

is there a possibility that sound card is not a built-in?

I still believe that my sound card was not stloen by the late upgrader, what should i do?

thanks in advance bro's and sis! :thumbsupsmiley:

I still believe that my sound card was not stloen by the late upgrader, what should i do?

first, try to chec if you have connected your speakers correctly.

second, try to reinstall the sound card driver.

it is possible that the upgrade DLL of your video card conflicted the DLL drivers of your soundcard.

good day!

na-scan po ito ng anti virus ko:

File C:\WINDOWS\psshutdown.exe tagged as not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.PsKill.au. No Action Taken.

File C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmdow.exe tagged as not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.HideWindows. No Action Taken.

can i just delete them?

please advise po.... many thanks!

its been well-known that viruses/trojans attach themselves to IMs specially Yahoo! Messenger ...

they're the type that suddenly send out messages in foreign languages (ie thai or vietnamese) ...

some have already un-installed the YM app and re-installed it again ...

but it keeps on coming back ...

if you have previously been affected, have you been able to remove them ? how ?

recently, my officemate was affected with such ...

i informed him and even our officemates ...

much to my dismay, he was outright mad at me telling what i did was "below the belt and uncalled for"

isnt it right to let others also to be aware ?

** deep heavy sigh**

its been well-known that viruses/trojans attach themselves to IMs specially Yahoo! Messenger ...

they're the type that suddenly send out messages in foreign languages (ie thai or vietnamese) ...

much to my dismay, he was outright mad at me telling what i did was "below the belt and uncalled for"

** deep heavy sigh**

tsk tsk I.T. always gets the blame. for the same reason external IMs are banned on our enterprise network.

anyways, few weeks back, my aunt's pc/ym behaved exactly the same way as you described. i ran symantec's AV, the latest of course, and found nothing. spybot s&d, a few glitches were corrected, the ym issue stayed. a-squared free, same results as spybot's. read about "Trojan Remover" (not free) and hit my bittorent client, which did pretty well. you might want to try it.

i personally hates the official ym client :-/

Guest Leviticus
tsk tsk I.T. always gets the blame. for the same reason external IMs are banned on our enterprise network.

anyways, few weeks back, my aunt's pc/ym behaved exactly the same way as you described. i ran symantec's AV, the latest of course, and found nothing. spybot s&d, a few glitches were corrected, the ym issue stayed. a-squared free, same results as spybot's. read about "Trojan Remover" (not free) and hit my bittorent client, which did pretty well. you might want to try it.

i personally hates the official ym client :-/

bro.. I still am using your recommendation of years ago for jabber [currently igniterealtime and spark] for my company's IM needs and minor file transfer.

open your device manager (Start>Run>devmgmt.msc)

look for multimedia audio controllers under Other Devices(im assuming that your sound driver got uninstalled accidentally). right-click, then click scan for hardware changes. if the item remains a question mark, ur gonna have to re-install your sound driver(check your mobo specs/manuals if u have integrated sound. kung expansion card ang gamit mo, im afraid ur gonna have to open the chassis and look for the sound card sa bandang likod--ung card na naka-attach sa speaker ports sa likod ng pc mo)

if the sound card is listed under sound, video, and game controllers, right-click the sound card, click properties, go to driver and click rollback driver. if it aint successful, then u gotta look for your sound card's driver on the internet.

if u can create a screenshot ng device manager mo, post mo dito so we can further help u out.

good day!

na-scan po ito ng anti virus ko:

File C:\WINDOWS\psshutdown.exe tagged as not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.PsKill.au. No Action Taken.

File C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmdow.exe tagged as not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.HideWindows. No Action Taken.

can i just delete them?

please advise po.... many thanks!

psshutdown.exe is a software from SysInternals(now a division of Microsoft). it allows shutting down of a PC remotely. now, did u download this software? or did you install any SW from SysInternals that could have psshutdown.exe bundled with?

cmdow.exe is win32 commandline utility for windows XP down to NT. it allows windows to be listed, moved, resized, renamed, hidden/unhidden, disabled/enabled, minimized, maximized, restored, activated/inactivated, closed, killed and more. howver, there are rootkits that can infect cmdow.exe(the legit one) or mimic cmdow.exe(may mga hidden attributes na). i suggest not to remove this executable(actually, you might not be even able to delete it)

i recommend that you run an anti-rootkit/anti-trojan like rootkitbuster from trendmicro and trojan remover from simply super software. these tools you can get from the net, search ka lang.

got a problem with my globe visibility prepaid kit. i've installed it on my laptop, acer aspire 5920, running on vista home. na configure ko na, the problem is whenever i try to connect to the net, ayaw, may nalabas na prompt na "the remote server did not rereply in a timely fashion". tried to uninstall/install the program, restart and restart, same problem arises. the funny thing is when i installed it on my desktop and laptop which both run using windows xp, it's working well, i did not encounter any problem? any ideas, suggestions? i brouht this to globe business center but hindi din nila maconfigure, they kept telling me na ung laptop kong vista ang may problem, baka daw my virus or spyware, nirun ko naman lahat ng antivirus/spyware ko, walang nakita, not to mention hindi naman ako navivirusan or spywarean. help please.. lotsa thanks..

uninstall the software again. whe u reinstall it, run the setup.exe file as an administrator. if this didnt cut it, try disabling the UAC(Pearl>Control Panel>User Account>Turn Off UAC) before reinstalling the software. Restart the system after turning off UAC so that changes will be taken in. dont forget to turn it back on when ur done.

mga bro,patulong naman. Im a dsl subscriber. Ok naman sya kaso,ngaun my problem akong naencounter. Pag nagnenet ako,it's only good for a couple of minutes tapos nabitaw ung connection,page cannot be displayed tapos ung ym,nagsisignout.nreconfigure ko na din un lan card,wa epek pa din. Funny thing is,ung monitor ng lan sa system tray,andun pa din,connected. Nagrun na ako ng anti spyware at anti vrus,wla namang nadetect. Pero pag safe mode,hindi nabitaw connection. Paano kaya to? Btw,im using a built in lan card and xp os.

if you're not experiencing the problem when you're in safe mode, most likely, it's your internet security software that causes the connection to fail on normal mode. for starters, try disabling all startup programs on msconfig(Start>Run>msconfig>Startup tab, disable all>Apply>Ok/close>Restart)

psshutdown.exe is a software from SysInternals(now a division of Microsoft). it allows shutting down of a PC remotely. now, did u download this software? or did you install any SW from SysInternals that could have psshutdown.exe bundled with?

cmdow.exe is win32 commandline utility for windows XP down to NT. it allows windows to be listed, moved, resized, renamed, hidden/unhidden, disabled/enabled, minimized, maximized, restored, activated/inactivated, closed, killed and more. howver, there are rootkits that can infect cmdow.exe(the legit one) or mimic cmdow.exe(may mga hidden attributes na). i suggest not to remove this executable(actually, you might not be even able to delete it)

i recommend that you run an anti-rootkit/anti-trojan like rootkitbuster from trendmicro and trojan remover from simply super software. these tools you can get from the net, search ka lang.

i got both when I re-installed XP.

i did run the trojan remover from simply super software and nothing was detected.

thanks for your help, i will try the rootkitbuster later, trendmicro website i think is down right now.

^oh ok. since they they seem to be bundled with your version of XP, then I don't think they're malicious. yeah, run the rookitbuster and trojan remover still, just to be sure. if all's clear, then have your internet security program skip these 2 files from being scanned so they wont be tagged as "potentially malicious" anymore when you run a scan.

Guest Leviticus

** deep heavy sigh**

office setting.. matanong ko lang, bakit allowed ang YM sa office ninyo? here sa akin and sa previous kong pinasukan I do not allow it because temptation to talk with people not related to work or with outside people. baka mamaya naglalabas na ng mga credit card or social security numbers :thumbsdownsmiley:

also, nandyan rin naman ang meebo na pwede IM site, which I promptly blocked. basta any communication outside the office not related to work blocked ko.

in short, blocked ang YM mail rin dahil may built-in chat siya.

Edited by Leviticus