What's Your Video Card?

budget is around 4-5K, also saan ko malalaman ung stats ng power supply and and psu?? :wacko:

For that amount of money, you can buy a GTS 450 and can play most games at medium to high settings. Bear in mind that powerful videocards demand robust power supplies (PSU). If the power supply that you are presently using came with the computer casing, then it is most probably the generic type. You must purchase a branded, true rated PSU to accomodate the more power videocard.

PSU brands that I would recommend are: HEC Cougar, Corsair, Antec, Enermax, Silverstone, FSP. Make sure that you purchase at least 500 watts.

Hope this helps.

i second emotion hehe.

kung ang power supply mo e kasama na sa binili mong casing e 100% generic yan. (imaster, rise, LGi, etc..)

lahat ng sinabing brand ni civicVTi ay ok mga branded at true rated yan.

ngayon ang pagbabasehan mo na lang e yung GPU mong bibilin depende kung anong requirement nya. kung 12pin power connector (2x6pin) or single 6pin power connector.

get at least 550watts with 2x6pin power connector.

For that amount of money, you can buy a GTS 450 and can play most games at medium to high settings. Bear in mind that powerful videocards demand robust power supplies (PSU). If the power supply that you are presently using came with the computer casing, then it is most probably the generic type. You must purchase a branded, true rated PSU to accomodate the more power videocard.

PSU brands that I would recommend are: HEC Cougar, Corsair, Antec, Enermax, Silverstone, FSP. Make sure that you purchase at least 500 watts.

Hope this helps.

Stay away from iMaster power supply, they are worse than most generic power supply. Do not be deceive by the 'professional' looks of it's cable.

iMaster uses low grade components that might damage your pc components in the future.

@shadwobroker

you can always visit shops at the mall and ask, or go online to see the prices.

price starts at 3000 depende sa brand. dun sa power supply section may nag post ng tacens 600watts PSU 2700 ata bili nya.

hec win power 550watts 3,300 to 3,500

power supply site

madami pang PSU sa market hanap ka na lang kung di mo type yan hehe

Edited by vhoi33

i'm retiring my Nvidia 8500 GT after 1 and a half year of service. i'm a semi hard core gamer, currently playing Metro 2033, world of warcraft, mass effect 2, DA series, starcraft II and so far i'm having a bit of lag when i pulled out hard on the graphics. any advise on what graphic card i could get next?? thanks in advance!

btw, future games that i want to play are: H.A.W.X. 2, DA 2, dead space 2, diablo III and a whole lot more.

Depends on the budget and the size of your monitor/LCD. I would recommend the new Sapphire 6850 if you want a mid-to-high performance card. It's P8430.00 in PCHub. It plays SC2 and DA smoothly on high resolutions and it will definitely run HAWX 2, DA2 and Diablo III as well.

Around P5000+ budget, the GTS 450 will do just fine. But don't expect very high fps.

@shadow broker

kung 5850 type mo eto power requirements nya

500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors

kung 6850 naman

500 Watt or greater power supply recommended. wala syang 6pin power connector mas tipid to sa kuryente syempre dapat 500watts true rated hindi generic

@shadow broker

kung 5850 type mo eto power requirements nya

500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors

kung 6850 naman

500 Watt or greater power supply recommended. wala syang 6pin power connector mas tipid to sa kuryente syempre dapat 500watts true rated hindi generic

opppss na double post paki delete na lang po mga mod...

Edited by vhoi33
  • 2 weeks later...

Boxing sale today here... I was in line to get the PNY GeForce GTX 570 Fermi 732MHZ 1280MB 3.8GHZ GDDR5 2XDVI Mini-HDMI PCI-E DirectX 11 Video Card on sale 2 pcs. per store.

Constantly I was refreshing my browser on my iphone every time they let people in, too bad like there are at lease 5 person ahead of me they sold out Huhuhuhuhuhu.

Since i'm already their just bought Powercolor Radeon HD 6950 800MHZ 2GB 5.0GHZ GDDR5 2XDVI HDMI 2XMINI Display Port PCI-E Video Card $40 dollars less than the GTX 570.

Just installed it 1st time ATI user, we will see after I buy the 3d monitor that I want plus NVIDIA 3d glasses to play 3d games. If not satisfied will buy GTX570 when its on sale again.

http://img.ncix.com/images/57619_1.jpghttp://img.ncix.com/images/57619_l.jpg

Edited by Psyren

call of duty: black ops

planning to install it, will my current Ati Hd3650 be sufficient enough to run it smoothly?

The minium requirement is:

Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT / ATI (AMD) Radeon Radeon X1950Pro or better

For the HD 3650, it may run, just not sure if it will run smoothly even on low graphic settings.

The minium requirement is:

Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT / ATI (AMD) Radeon Radeon X1950Pro or better

For the HD 3650, it may run, just not sure if it will run smoothly even on low graphic settings.

Hd3650 > X1950Pro

SweeT ^_^ gonna install the game on Sunday

btw, is the performance gap between the two gpu's above slim?

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who owns a GTX295,

Have you encountered any problems with the on board ram? I've had mine for about 7 months before it developed a memory problem.. I was sent away to Palit back in December and its still in Taiwan..

Any tips on how to properly ask for updates from the warehouse? (other than buying a new card that is)

Thanks in advance!

Someone is offering me a brand new Nvidia GTS 250 512ddr3 for 3.5k, for the past half decade Ive been using only Ati cards.

should I take it as a replacement for my 2 year old Ati Hd3650? What Ati series of gpu does it compare to?

An nVidia GTS 250 is definitely so much faster than an aging HD3650. If you will upgrade, make sure you have a branded, true-rated PSU to back it up. I suggest getting a 600w model from any of the following brands:

FSP

Corsair

XFX

Seasonic

OCZ

HEC

To know which nVidia card is comparable to ATI in performance, google Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart.

Edited by CivicVTi