What's Your Video Card?

just a q... can someone explain what the suffixes in nvidia video cards are. i.e. se, le, gt,gtx,gs, etc.

also i'm looking for a half height / low profile video card complete with brackets na nvidia 8XXX or 9XXX

imho:

for gaming, get a gt or gts card only, all other prefix normally imply a lower grade card.

'8600' cards can play most 'demanding' games that came out last year with quality settings on 'medium'

'8800' cards can play most 'demanding' games that came out last year with quality settings on 'high'

'9600' cards can play most 'demanding' games that would come out next year with quality settings on 'medium'

'9800' cards can play most 'demanding' games that would come out next year with quality settings on 'high'

Edited by johnlove
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My 2 month old,soon to be replace 8600gt sonic plus..very reliable and overclockable..no hang or delay..can plat cod4 and crysis in mid hig settings. :thumbsupsmiley:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn10/ANR_CO/05252008082-1.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn10/ANR_CO/gpu_detils.jpg

...gonna replace it with another palit..8800gts 512 mb. :hypocritesmiley:

My 2 month old,soon to be replace 8600gt sonic plus..very reliable and overclockable..no hang or delay..can play cod4 and crysis in mid hig settings. :thumbsupsmiley:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn10/ANR_CO/05252008082-1.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn10/ANR_CO/gpu_detils.jpg

...gonna replace it with another palit..8800gts 512 mb. :hypocritesmiley:

On the other hand, if you really need a Nvidia, go for the 9800 gtx+. Due to the recent price reduction by Nvidia on their recently released mid-high cards, the price difference between the 8800gts(last year's card) & 9800 gtx+ won't be much.

can you give us a ballpark figure on how much?

hmmm?

just askin...

mines nvidia 8500GT. I can play assassins creed in low settings....well I dont know if its the video card....but the minimum req of assassins should be core2duo 2.4 256 videocard and 2gb ram. I have a celeron 2.8 but not core 2 duo, suprisingly umandar sya! pero medyo chappy? should I change video card or the processor? (I have 2gb ddr2 667 ramby the way)

mines nvidia 8500GT. I can play assassins creed in low settings....well I dont know if its the video card....but the minimum req of assassins should be core2duo 2.4 256 videocard and 2gb ram. I have a celeron 2.8 but not core 2 duo, suprisingly umandar sya! pero medyo chappy? should I change video card or the processor? (I have 2gb ddr2 667 ramby the way)

If your motherboard can support core2duo processor, then change the processor to c2d6750, the video card to 8800gt, & if possible, the power supply to 500 watts(true value).

specs of my pc ok b? 1st tym ko kasi magbuo...

processor-intel quad core q6600

motherboard-asus commando

videocard-nvidia GeForce 8800

hd-250gb

memory-2x1gb

power supply-hec

fan-zalman9700nt en 2 120mm

speaker-jbl 2.1 ch.

dvd writer-lg

keyboard-logitech g1..

hi guys, im currently having trouble wih my laptop. i have an ADWARE, im not pretty sure where and when did I acquire it.

Its slowing and freezing the efficiency of my laptop.

any idea how can I delete or clean it?

Im using NOD anti Virus right now it and it cannot do anything?

how did I probably acquire ADWARE? how do I get rid of it?

PLS HELP :rolleyes:

thanks