The Mitsubishi Lovers Thread

VTEC is more hype than substance.

VTEC is simply a two-step valve timing system. One for low revs to give more torque and one for high reves to deliver more horsepower. If you drive a VTEC engine you will notice that it has a 'flat-spot at about 3,500 to 4,500 rpm when the system transitions from one setting to the other. I don't know if there is a VTEC system that now works on both intake and exhaust sides but most of the VTEC engines I have seen only actuate the intake valves.

Compare this to a continuously variable valve timing system which in theory is expected to set valve timing, duration and dwell at the optimum settings based on what the ECUthinks the driver wants to do with the engine. Toyota's VVTi is an example but an even better one would be BMWs VANOS or the Double VANOS on the M models.

Although much can be said about the high end refinement of high rpm screaming engines, they generally do not last all that long. In a race application this is okay. But for a daily driver? Pass. Give me an American SUV with an under-stressed, large displacement engine anytime. For the weekends, well, that is why some of us like to keep an Evo or STi in the garage.

yup meron.

DOHC - both intake and exhaust

SOHC - intake lang

the type R variants are made to go fast out of the box same with the SiR models like EG6,EF9 and our local SiR. balanced engine and suspension components.

VTEC is more hype than substance.

VTEC is simply a two-step valve timing system. One for low revs to give more torque and one for high reves to deliver more horsepower. If you drive a VTEC engine you will notice that it has a 'flat-spot at about 3,500 to 4,500 rpm when the system transitions from one setting to the other. I don't know if there is a VTEC system that now works on both intake and exhaust sides but most of the VTEC engines I have seen only actuate the intake valves.

Compare this to a continuously variable valve timing system which in theory is expected to set valve timing, duration and dwell at the optimum settings based on what the ECUthinks the driver wants to do with the engine. Toyota's VVTi is an example but an even better one would be BMWs VANOS or the Double VANOS on the M models.

Although much can be said about the high end refinement of high rpm screaming engines, they generally do not last all that long. In a race application this is okay. But for a daily driver? Pass. Give me an American SUV with an under-stressed, large displacement engine anytime. For the weekends, well, that is why some of us like to keep an Evo or STi in the garage.

yes,the original vtec is only 2 step. but the newer vtec are much more different.like the vtec3,i-vtec and new i-vtec.

yes, there is a vtec engine that works on both intake and exhaust...or u mean if theres like a cross flow?

mitsu fanatic me..

mymitsuph.com member din me..

1st car ko

way back 1997..

dodge colt 1972 model.. 1st owner ko cya nakuha..

4G32 saturn engine.. 4 speed manual.. sarap kumamot sa kalsada..

spend almost 60k for restoration to original stock condition..

use for almost 5 years.. then wear n tear and age resurface agen..

so have to sold it..

then buy lancer singkit my 2nd mitsu..

cylone engine d me lang nagus2han porma..

after 3 years sold it also..

and bought my 3rd mitsu..

lancer EL'96..

1300... for economy and easy maintenance..

a great car for me..

40liters full tank back and forth..

5 kami travel manila to alaminos pangasinan..

cool d ba?

never let me down..

dalas lang masira ung shocks..

engine wuz nice.. the carbs.. and radiator..

been using it for 4 years now..

and wala me plan 2 sell it..

ganda performace 2 me..

sure its.. economical..

yup meron.

DOHC - both intake and exhaust

SOHC - intake lang

the type R variants are made to go fast out of the box same with the SiR models like EG6,EF9 and our local SiR. balanced engine and suspension components.

sir,DOHC and SOHC both have intake and exhaust.. the only differnce for DOHC is that they have dedicated camshft for intake and exhaust. and for SOHC they just share 1 camshaft and its just the rocker arm adjust.

bro i dunno the engine code.

all i know are these,it has 1.3L engine size and 90HP lang.

it's my first ever car kaya im not aware pa

when it comes to technical specs.

i just wanted to have sumthing to drive from point A to B.

:thumbsupsmiley:

ahehehehe

I HAVEN'T SEEN ONE YET HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES. BUT BOTH 2008 & 2009 MODELS ARE ALREADY OUT IN THE UNITED STATES.

MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO - IX SPORTBACK 2008 MODEL (SILVER)

AND THE LANCER EVO - X 2009 MODEL (SHOWN HERE BEING TEST DRIVEN IN FRANKFURT GERMANY)

(Mods, please aptly delete if you believe there is copyright infringement)

post-100340-1208504796.jpg

post-100340-1208504809.jpg

post-100340-1208504829.jpg

I HAVEN'T SEEN ONE YET HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES. BUT BOTH 2008 & 2009 MODELS ARE ALREADY OUT IN THE UNITED STATES.

MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO - IX SPORTBACK 2008 MODEL (SILVER)

AND THE LANCER EVO - X 2009 MODEL (SHOWN HERE BEING TEST DRIVEN IN FRANKFURT GERMANY)

(Mods, please aptly delete if you believe there is copyright infringement)

kaya balahan niyo na mga budget niyo. panay 2.0 l engines na ilalabas nila. vicinity nga PhP 1m lahat ng variants.

tama ka bro 4G18.....ibang klase ang dating ng bagong Lanceer EX...drooling din ako jan

pero i need to be satisfied sa current ride ko....haaayz

yeehaa!

believe me....

even we aint got the variable valve timing (MIVEC for mitsu),

when you hear your engine @ 8000rpm...

nako brad yung ngiti mo HANGGANG BATOK!

:thumbsupsmiley: :boo: :D

Evo p din in terms of performance... satisfied na ko sa Evo 9 ko. Waiting for the release of Evo X, but stil some doubt because new engine for sure mayron pa lalabas na mga dapat ayusin o enhance so better 1-2 years later.

post-51841-1208839682.jpg

Edited by homesek