The Legal Side of Real Estate

rickyv

• 2 weeks later...

Does a lease contract have to be notarized? I was told even if the lease contract was not notarized, it is still a valid document that can stand in court.

Nope. It can stand in court even if unnotarized, But it is easier to prove the authenticity and due existence of a notarized document in court

• Like (+1) 1
  • 1 month later...

Ask lang boss pde bang masama sa land title ang name ng asawa? Ito kasi ang nangyri nabili ung lote nung mag-asawa sila ung guy is nsa ibang bansa then ung wife is sa pinas then ngp-annulled sila ng marriage habol ng guy is yung parte niya sa lote since the very beginning hndi ngwork si babae.

1. pde bang masama sa land title ang name ng asawa? Pwede

2. habol ng guy is yung parte niya sa lote since the very beginning hndi ngwork si babae.

May parte si guy sa lote, i'd say 50%

• 4 weeks later...

Ako po may tanong sana relate dito..

About s apartment nmin, ung landlady kasi namin, gngipit kmi sa tubig..

-merong rotation ng water interruption ang maynilad dito s south dhil may hnuhukay na bagong linya para sa Avida, sa alabang.

-meron naman kmi SANA backup na tank

Kaso

-ung tubig sa tanke, kulay pula na halos tapos amoy madumi at kalawang.

-pag aalis ung landlady, pinapatay nya yung tanke, at bubuksan lng nya pag nakauwi na (kht maghapon sya nsa labas)

-hndi na namin alam ang difference ng wala tubig dhil s maynilad or walang tubig dhil pinatay ung tanke.

-kht alam nilang madumi ung tubig, d nila ginawan ng aksyon

-parehas kmi ng isang tenant na may anak, at estudyante s bahay. Hazardous s health yung tubig at mhrap maglaba ng uniform pag kulay pula ang tubig.

-sinuggest pa ni landlady na mag alternate sa paglalaba ang lada apartment, so pano naman ung mga students.

Eto pa

-ang resibo lng namin pag ngbbya g rent is generic resibo, d ktulad ng apartment n tnrhan ko before, nka rehistro tlga s bir.

-isa lng ang linya ng tubig namin, so isang bill lng.

Ano po ang pwede nmin gwin? Pwede ba namin sya ireklamo?

Or idemanda?

Abala kasi s buhay.. lagi wala tubig. Kng meron man, hndi mo magamit panghugas ng sensitive parts, pag nagsasaing kmi mineral water gamit.

Ano ba ang karapatan ng mga tenants?

Art. 1654. The lessor is obliged:

(1) To deliver the thing which is the object of the contract in such a condition as to render it fit for the use intended;

(2) To make on the same during the lease all the necessary repairs in order to keep it suitable for the use to which it has been devoted, unless there is a stipulation to the contrary;

(3) To maintain the lessee in the peaceful and adequate enjoyment of the lease for the entire duration of the contract.

Art. 1658. The lessee may suspend the payment of the rent in case the lessor fails to make the necessary repairs or to maintain the lessee in peaceful and adequate enjoyment of the property leased. (n)

Art. 1659. If the lessor or the lessee should not comply with the obligations set forth in articles 1654 and 1657, the aggrieved party may ask for the rescission of the contract and indemnification for damages, or only the latter, allowing the contract to remain in force.

Art. 1660. If a dwelling place or any other building intended for human habitation is in such a condition that its use brings imminent and serious danger to life or health, the lessee may terminate the lease at once by notifying the lessor, even if at the time the contract was perfected the former knew of the dangerous condition or waived the right to rescind the lease on account of this condition.

Ako po may tanong sana relate dito..

About s apartment nmin, ung landlady kasi namin, gngipit kmi sa tubig..

-merong rotation ng water interruption ang maynilad dito s south dhil may hnuhukay na bagong linya para sa Avida, sa alabang.

-meron naman kmi SANA backup na tank

Kaso

-ung tubig sa tanke, kulay pula na halos tapos amoy madumi at kalawang.

-pag aalis ung landlady, pinapatay nya yung tanke, at bubuksan lng nya pag nakauwi na (kht maghapon sya nsa labas)

-hndi na namin alam ang difference ng wala tubig dhil s maynilad or walang tubig dhil pinatay ung tanke.

-kht alam nilang madumi ung tubig, d nila ginawan ng aksyon

-parehas kmi ng isang tenant na may anak, at estudyante s bahay. Hazardous s health yung tubig at mhrap maglaba ng uniform pag kulay pula ang tubig.

-sinuggest pa ni landlady na mag alternate sa paglalaba ang lada apartment, so pano naman ung mga students.

Eto pa
-ang resibo lng namin pag ngbbya g rent is generic resibo, d ktulad ng apartment n tnrhan ko before, nka rehistro tlga s bir.

-isa lng ang linya ng tubig namin, so isang bill lng.

Or idemanda?

Abala kasi s buhay.. lagi wala tubig. Kng meron man, hndi mo magamit panghugas ng sensitive parts, pag nagsasaing kmi mineral water gamit.

Ano ba ang karapatan ng mga tenants?

@femcasanova, start with the lease/rent contract you signed. Usually nandoon kung ano ang obligations ng landlady niyo. Have it reviewed by a good lawyer who knows rent-related laws. You have to be ready for the hassle if you want to take it to the courts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but this is about a property that we are about to purchase.. I just realized that if I want to put a wall the post and line of Meralco will touch the wall or worse obstruct it and can't put the wall because of the power lines.. How can I go about in requesting from Meralco to move the line or is this even possible? Thanks in advance..

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but this is about a property that we are about to purchase.. I just realized that if I want to put a wall the post and line of Meralco will touch the wall or worse obstruct it and can't put the wall because of the power lines.. How can I go about in requesting from Meralco to move the line or is this even possible? Thanks in advance..

go to MERALCO and ask them. problema mo yung gastos sa paglilipat, sino sasagot? Anyway, no harm in trying.

Edited by rocco69

Hi All,

Yung poste ba nasa loob ng property? Mahirap magpalipat ng poste. And Meralco will drag its feet unless may kilala kang bigatin dun.

Edited by nwebe

question:how do we sell/procedure a titled land to the govt ? or protect our property from the govt they need the land for road project? or we just let themtake it away? :angry2:

thanks po

they're supposed to offer to buy the property first. if you don't like to sell, or you don't like the price they're offering, then you can go to court, either to contest the taking (on the ground that its not going to be used for a public purpose, or the taking is unnecessary), or to contest the price.

If they do not offer to buy, but you are willing to sell, go to them (the govt agency) and offer your property for sale. if they do not offer to buy, and you are not willing to sell, then prevent them from entering/taking your property.

Yung poste ba nasa loob ng property? Mahirap magpalipat ng poste. And Meralco will drag its feet unless may kilala kang bigatin dun.

Nasa labas ng pader ung post pero nakalinya sya sa pader mismo kaya pag nglagay ng fire wall tatamaan ung mga power lines, saka papasukat ko kc i'm not sure kung ung lupa na nandun ung post e kasama pa sa title.. Ganun ba talaga kahirap ang papalipat na ito?

Nasa labas ng pader ung post pero nakalinya sya sa pader mismo kaya pag nglagay ng fire wall tatamaan ung mga power lines, saka papasukat ko kc i'm not sure kung ung lupa na nandun ung post e kasama pa sa title.. Ganun ba talaga kahirap ang papalipat na ito?

Most of what I've observed, matagal talaga. Even the road widening projects ng gobyerno na-obserbahan ko na naaabala kasi ang tagal bago nila maiilipat ang poste. But there's no harm in asking them. I'm sure may procedure sila on how to request such.

question:how do we sell/procedure a titled land to the govt ? or protect our property from the govt they need the land for road project? or we just let themtake it away? :angry2:

thanks po

There is this thing called "imminent domain" that the govt can invoke to force landowners to sell back to the govt. Pero may "due process" pa rin yan. Ang pagkaalam ko, mag-offer muna sila dapat sa iyo at prevailing (or close to it) market price.

they're supposed to offer to buy the property first. if you don't like to sell, or you don't like the price they're offering, then you can go to court, either to contest the taking (on the ground that its not going to be used for a public purpose, or the taking is unnecessary), or to contest the price.

If they do not offer to buy, but you are willing to sell, go to them (the govt agency) and offer your property for sale. if they do not offer to buy, and you are not willing to sell, then prevent them from entering/taking your property.

thanks very much for the info

I have one more situation.. We bought a property of a relative, my relative borrowed the title coz they need to check something.. Unfortunately they used the title as a collateral to a private individual's loan.. Now, I want to change the title name and I can't get the title back if the debt in not paid.. But they don't have any binding papers because they are also family friends.. We have a deed of sale.. My question is there any way to get the title back without going to court? We tried talking to the lender but they don't want to give it back without the money, I explained to them that we have the deed and owned the property.. TIA

Hi, I have a concern with the title of our lot. Nakapangalan sa mama ko ang titulo na binili nila ng papa ko. Patay na ang papa ko so ngayon gustong ibenta ng mama ko ang lupa at bahay. Pero ayaw namin ng mga kapatid ko (3 children). Nasa wastong edad na po kami lahat. Ang tanong ko po, meron po ba kami karapatan sa lupa at bahay?

Tama ba na ibenta ng mama namin without our knowledge?

Please advice.

Hi, I have a concern with the title of our lot. Nakapangalan sa mama ko ang titulo na binili nila ng papa ko. Patay na ang papa ko so ngayon gustong ibenta ng mama ko ang lupa at bahay. Pero ayaw namin ng mga kapatid ko (3 children). Nasa wastong edad na po kami lahat. Ang tanong ko po, meron po ba kami karapatan sa lupa at bahay?

Tama ba na ibenta ng mama namin without our knowledge?

Please advice.

Art. 103 [Family Code]. Upon the termination of the marriage by death, the community property shall be liquidated in the same proceeding for the settlement of the estate of the deceased.

If no judicial settlement proceeding is instituted, the surviving spouse shall liquidate the community property either judicially or extra-judicially within one year from the death of the deceased spouse. If upon the lapse of the said period, no liquidation is made, any disposition or encumbrance involving the community property of the terminated marriage shall be VOID. Should the surviving spouse contract a subsequent marriage without compliance with the foregoing requirements, a mandatory regime of complete separation of property shall govern the property relations of the subsequent marriage

• 3 weeks later...

I have also concern. may nabili kami na condo sa PagIbig, yung na remata na unit. Bali sumali kami sa bidding at kami ang nanalo. Now upon move in, inform kami ng admin ng condo, na yung dating may ari nyan (say mr dela cruz) ay may mga utang sa assoc dues, say mga 4 yrs na di nakabayad and nadadagdagan yung hanggang stop the day na kami mag move. Ask ko lang, kami ba magbabayad sa utang ni mr dela cruz, while sa pagibig ko naman binili yun.? Also may ron daw parking na nakapangalan kay mr dela cruz don sa condo,,,,,, puede ba yun ang eremata nila para may mahabol sila kay mr dela cruz .? Please help