6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

GH for SAR? Interesting...

It's tough to move Reef right now. That jaw injury's gonna take time. as for Hill, it's always something and even if he gets back on court he'll probably get back off it by season's end. It's interesting how the whole NBA landscape would be in some parallel universe where Hill got to stay healthy just around the time he was hitting his prime.

Edited by gift_of_game
uh oh..  :cry:  :cry:

cheese, tuloy natin trade... heheh  :D

I just read from Yahoo it looks like Okafor's gonna be out for a while so maybe I have to press the hold button on this trade. with Mike's strong performance against the Kings, it really made me rethink about our proposals...

too many injured players in one team is never a good thing...

sorry bro...

whew, that took a while. I'm down 9-2 to veg right now but for the first time in weeks, I'm not as worried. Barring any injuries, I think my kids can still win several key categories since nothing's really settled yet save for 3-ball (Raja Bell killed any notion of competing for that stat) and freebies (TD's doing it but everyone else is winging it).

O ayan, fighting spirit uli para sa team on the verge. :P

Let's go Hustlers!

Hm, I sure could use a cheerleader right now to do this piece for me...

well that's an attitude we don't see very often.. :) and i believe you want girls from hustler magazine do that for you.. :hypocritesmiley:

Edited by hoopburners
well that's an attitude we don't see very often..  :)  and i believe you want girls from hustler magazine do that for you.. :hypocritesmiley:

hah! that'd be a riot!

Hm, i wonder if MA could do some cheerdancing...fish! :D

but seriously, my Pacer 4-pack could make or break this week and barring the prospect of prolonged absence due to injury---ehem---this season. It goes against the whole concept of spreading the stats across the board but for a GM who went through the first half of this season with 5 pg's in the lineup, I'm more than willing to try anything to get back on track and land the magic 6.

It just seems like a switch got flipped somewhere and Carlisle's got them back playing real ball with no distractions. This squad is like a one-armed man who suddenly discovered that he was meant to be a prizefighter.

So I'm riding your guys for the meantime and hope my bargain role guys make the most out of their PT (Mutombo, Elson, Najera).

hah! that'd be a riot!

Hm, i wonder if MA could do some cheerdancing...fish! :D

but seriously, my Pacer 4-pack could make or break this week and barring the prospect of prolonged absence due to injury---ehem---this season. It goes against the whole concept of spreading the stats across the board but for a GM who went through the first half of this season with 5 pg's in the lineup, I'm more than willing to try anything to get back on track and land the magic 6.

It just seems like a switch got flipped somewhere and Carlisle's got them back playing real ball with no distractions. This squad is like a one-armed man who suddenly discovered that he was meant to be a prizefighter.

So I'm riding your guys for the meantime and hope my bargain role guys make the most out of their PT (Mutombo, Elson, Najera).

they're producing quite significant numbers for you bro. and pacers are playing 4 days for this week and i think it would be enough for your match-ups, unless injuries came in or they just plain tank out. it's a big gamble, imo, to have 4 players on the same team, but i think it's paying off quite well.. :)

"danger" granger is really playing well the last games especially now he's starting. you wouldn't believe me that i picked granger first right after our draft last october. he and sarunas are really a sentimental pick for me then. but danger didn't produce well because artest is taking all the PT. but now, i can really say that i'm all aboard the danger's "DANwagon" :thumbsupsmiley:

and that led me into thinking. i have three players now that are not playing and i'm not sure if they'll ever play again. emeka got hurt after coming back last night, still no word on when artest gonna be traded, and no sign of bonzi wells coming back. it had been almost 4 full weeks that my roster are overplayed by my opponent. should they stay? or should they go? :huh: one injured player is acceptable but having 3 players all at the same time.

probably i'll be having a hard time moving those 3 to other teams (not here on this league where the tiniest detail would be scrutinized bits by bits.. :lol: ). and i don't have to feed them in the fa pool for personal reasons. but looking at my team fairing not well against my opponents makes me lose some patience on them. and that's is why i'm inspired by g_o_g's fighting attitude even though he's down.

and with that..............

any takers for emeka and bonzi? :boo:

Edited by hoopburners

Status per Yahoo:

Jan 11 As he had hoped, Okafor returned to the Bobcats' rotation for Tuesday's matchup with the Houston Rockets after missing the team's previous eight contests with a sprained right ankle. The second-year forward/center notched 21 points, eight rebounds and two blocked shots in 35 minutes of action, but aggravated the injury when he stepped on another player's foot in the second overtime session and had to be helped off the floor. He will undergo an MRI on Wednesday.

Okafor was on crutches after the game and indicated that he thought the injury was fairly significant. His status will be updated following the tests, but don't expect him to be back on the floor any time soon. In 26 games this season, he is averaging 13.2 points, 10.0 rebounds and 1.9 blocked shots.

Injury Update (not from Yahoo) -Corey Maggette

Clippers forward Corey Maggette's injured left foot will likely keep him out six more weeks, he told Wednesday's edition of the Orange County Register. "If I can get a miracle, maybe even sooner," Maggette told the paper. The foot injury has already kept him out of action for five weeks.

The News (fanball)

Jazz guard Milt Palacio had 17 points, two rebounds, and a pair of assists during a win over the Sixers on Wednesday night.

Our View

The Jazz backcourt is a complete fantasy mess. Palacio, Deron Williams, and Keith McLeod are all seeing playing time at point guard and it is impossible to predict which one will be the best fantasy option on any given night.

The News (fanball)

Rockets forward Stromile Swift will miss at least a week of action with conjunctivitis in his left eye, according to the Associated Press.

Our View

We had no idea what conjunctivitis is, so we checked with WebMD.com. They told us that it is "an inflammation of the conjunctiva, the thin, clear tissue that lies over the white part of the eye and lines the inside of the eyelid" and we have no reason not to believe them.