6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

joined a public league... can anyone analyze my team??

PG K. Hinrich

SG K. Bryant

G R. Hamilton

SF L. Odom

PF J. O'Neal

F J. Howard (Dal)

C Z. Ilgauskas

C P. Brown

Util D. Gooden

Util T. Prince

BN J. Crawford

BN Ja. Williams (Mia)

BN G. Payton

solid mo 1,2,5,6. the matter is rip is much like a scorer alone. last year average 3+ rebs and 3+ assists, you dont need much scorer in your lineup since you have kobe,jermaine,drew if given more playing time. since detroit is going for more offense flow than the screen and role that always gives rip the will to score maybe prince can help. since his a high 80% ft could compliment to cover more of odom and jermaine ft shortcomings.

stls : kobe =1.8/game

kirk = 1.2/game

josh = 1.2/game

please check yours steals if you think ok sayo then go if not i would suggest going try trading rip for caron butler (steals, higher reb ( you dont need it ) and almost same scoring) check their stats.

your ft% only deals wd odom and jermaine, so i dont tink this would hurt you a lot.

Z comes with age but it seems you have only 3 centers, blocks mostly will come from Z,jermaine mostly and others compimentary.

i think dnt throw away odom with his stats he gives you assist and rebs aslo scoring, like another diaw in another form. only few guys average more than 6 rebs and 6 assist per game.

i notice you have a lot of guards, j-wil is injured and aint sure to playing on start of the season. maybe gary will play a lot but i would suggest getting additional steals and assist, for you have only 2 guards thats more than 6 assist per game. your lucky if you have 3 but its a start.

problem with drew is playing time last year he was superb even with limited minutes average double in scoring and posting 7 or 8 rebs a game in just 20++ minutes, but remember they have Z,anderson varejao,who else . . .

malakas scoring mo and rebounding, but can pj brown really play much na? with wallace around feeling ko he will play pf or backup center pero his getting old which means could be less playing time.

3 pts hmmm kirk, rip, kobe, lamar ( sometimes), jamal pwede na cguro check mo and add them up. dami mo lang G which translates to lower fg%, higher ft%???? check their stats, steals? check it also, since dami mo 1,2,4 spots try getting another 3 spot or a (pf,c) position. you gotta compliment your fg%

hehehe in short ah tingin ko u need to add steals and blocks :P tingin mo na lang

other comment pls as you wish

solid mo 1,2,5,6. the matter is rip is much like a scorer alone. last year average 3+ rebs and 3+ assists, you dont need much scorer in your lineup since you have kobe,jermaine,drew if given more playing time. since detroit is going for more offense flow than the screen and role that always gives rip the will to score maybe prince can help. since his a high 80% ft could compliment to cover more of odom and jermaine ft shortcomings.

stls : kobe =1.8/game

kirk = 1.2/game

josh = 1.2/game

please check yours steals if you think ok sayo then go if not i would suggest going try trading rip for caron butler (steals, higher reb ( you dont need it ) and almost same scoring) check their stats.

your ft% only deals wd odom and jermaine, so i dont tink this would hurt you a lot.

Z comes with age but it seems you have only 3 centers, blocks mostly will come from Z,jermaine mostly and others compimentary.

i think dnt throw away odom with his stats he gives you assist and rebs aslo scoring, like another diaw in another form. only few guys average more than 6 rebs and 6 assist per game.

i notice you have a lot of guards, j-wil is injured and aint sure to playing on start of the season. maybe gary will play a lot but i would suggest getting additional steals and assist, for you have only 2 guards thats more than 6 assist per game. your lucky if you have 3 but its a start.

problem with drew is playing time last year he was superb even with limited minutes average double in scoring and posting 7 or 8 rebs a game in just 20++ minutes, but remember they have Z,anderson varejao,who else . . .

malakas scoring mo and rebounding, but can pj brown really play much na? with wallace around feeling ko he will play pf or backup center pero his getting old which means could be less playing time.

3 pts hmmm kirk, rip, kobe, lamar ( sometimes), jamal pwede na cguro check mo and add them up. dami mo lang G which translates to lower fg%, higher ft%???? check their stats, steals? check it also, since dami mo 1,2,4 spots try getting another 3 spot or a (pf,c) position. you gotta compliment your fg%

hehehe in short ah tingin ko u need to add steals and blocks :P tingin mo na lang

other comment pls as you wish

thanks for the info.... i was thinking of getting magloire in the waiver wire but i dont think he will start at portland with pryzbilla at center there..... there is alos foyle and dampier but they may have limited participation.... is elson starting at center for the spurs?? ratliff at boston hmmmmm would he reemerge as a defensive monster that he could become??? then there is always kwame brown.... will be better or still continue to struggle.... there are many good names in the FA but hard to pick on one guy.... i was thinking of kwame as he may be starting for the lakers :P

thanks for the info.... i was thinking of getting magloire in the waiver wire but i dont think he will start at portland with pryzbilla at center there..... there is alos foyle and dampier but they may have limited participation.... is elson starting at center for the spurs?? ratliff at boston hmmmmm would he reemerge as a defensive monster that he could become??? then there is always kwame brown.... will be better or still continue to struggle.... there are many good names in the FA but hard to pick on one guy.... i was thinking of kwame as he may be starting for the lakers :P

i think the only reason pryzbilla got hot in the fantasy league was when z got injured and he had to man the post wd a ot of playing time, about magloire hmmm. . . . you just have to see as the season goes i dont think blocks much, foyle is at the year where in he needs to prove himself meaning he might struggle because as the news tells nelly plans to imploy a smaller fast game which you might see murphy at the 5 slot instead of a shot blocking slow moving guy.

elson is the safest pick for minutes but is he ready to blow or will just be a candyman ? nobody seen him play watch the pre season :D pick wisely we dont wan to end up another james jones of the suns last year. ratliff as you said is traded for its toughness blocks but since guys like kendrick perkins and rookie pittsnogle? (dont know if i spell it right) can there be enough minutes?

kwame will start but another question can he play, he will k*ll you in turnovers. always have in mind that players who play well in the end of the season doesnt depict strong waves because a lot of teams who got into the playoffs with sure spot already rests their guys and other on a loosing thing unless your a trying to catch the last bus to the playoff they are trying to eat you out. for me i dont have much love for kwame . . . . :D

Tally Update (including the cheeselogger's recast vote for Chad instead of Launchpad):

Chad: 1 votes

Fatso: 3 votes

Launchpad: 4 votes

8 votes in from 13 managers. 5 managers have yet to vote.

Draft Time is on 21 October 2006 at 10:00, Manila time. If you cant make it, please pre-rank your players as early as now or else yahoo will use its default ranking.

As for the D-League, do we have enough managers? As we see it, we only have around 6, at most. Kung wala na talaga sasama, pwede ako sumali although mas maganda na iba yung members ng 2 leagues.

Edited by agentjackbauer
Sino TOP 4 (out of 14?) managers last season?

Thanks!

Only 12 teams last season. The top 3 managers were: (1) Rip City (Bret Hart) (2) Solomon, Inc. and (3) Team Kewl (Bubuy).

The winning team of Bret Hart had a line-up which barely changed through the course of the season. Konti lang add/drop nya kaya lalong impressive ang pagkapanalo. Th line-up:

C. Anthony

E. Brand

J. Childress

E. Dampier

M. Daniels

C. Duhon

R. Hamilton

R. Jefferson

K. Korver

N. Krstic

S. Marbury

A. McDyess

D. Nowitzki

C. Paul

G. Wallace

Nowitzki was the only certified fantasy top ten stud at the start of the season but by the end of it, based on yahoo rankings, Rip City's team had three players in the top 10, namely: Nowitzki, Brand and (from out of nowhere) Paul.

parang ang weird nang time ah.... nagiba nanaman ulit.... ano ba talaga ang time... pwede ba sa gabi like 9pm philippine time ung draft?? para maka absent ako sa work for the draft :P

I never changed the draft time and date from the moment I registered the league.

Nga pala, unless there is a clamor from a majority of managers that the draft date/time be changed, it will have to remain as is. Yung gusto magpalit ng draft time must also agree on 1 choice of a new time. If not, it will be Oct 21 at 10:00 a.m. as originally scheduled. Plus, please also consider that any new draft date/time will have to be subject to the availability sa yahoo sked. Napupuno na rin kasi ang sked ng live drafts as the season draws near.

Only 12 teams last season. The top 3 managers were: (1) Rip City (Bret Hart) (2) Solomon, Inc. and (3) Team Kewl (Bubuy).

The winning team of Bret Hart had a line-up which barely changed through the course of the season. Konti lang add/drop nya kaya lalong impressive ang pagkapanalo. Th line-up:

C. Anthony

E. Brand

J. Childress

E. Dampier

M. Daniels

C. Duhon

R. Hamilton

R. Jefferson

K. Korver

N. Krstic

S. Marbury

A. McDyess

D. Nowitzki

C. Paul

G. Wallace

Nowitzki was the only certified fantasy top ten stud at the start of the season but by the end of it, based on yahoo rankings, Rip City's team had three players in the top 10, namely: Nowitzki, Brand and (from out of nowhere) Paul.

yeah, the most un-tinkered team against the most tweaked one (mine)... man, it was close...

...and i'm still hurtin' from losing by a mere 2 blocks (i think) - coming from a certain desagana diop...

...man...

...hehehehehe...

As for the D-League, do we have enough managers? As we see it, we only have around 6, at most. Kung wala na talaga sasama, pwede ako sumali although mas maganda na iba yung members ng 2 leagues.

I'm willing to also join the developmental league, just to fill up the slots... hehehe

Edited by cheeselogger

damn, I got "lucky" with my experimental, trial-pre-draft-ranked team. I got my wishlist players except Allen. though one key word for my team, INJURY...

PG J. Redick

SG K. Bryant

G T. McGrady

SF Josh Smith

PF R. Wallace

F R. Gay

C P. Gasol

C Z. Ilgauskas

Util T. Ford

Util Shelden Williams

BN D. Miles

BN M. Pietrus <- to be replaced thru waiver by C. Mihm

BN M. Jaric <- to be replaced thru waiver by C. Wilcox

any inputs guys? aside from the obvious lack of assists... hehehe

D-League

1. jumpman23

2. Ankiseth

3. wek1012

4. fatso8 +

5. killerlooks

6. R@mpaging_Veggie +

7. Gerald04

8. bukn0y

+ under consideration for the main league

Got this list from a month back. Hehe. I think the D-League would be filled up quite easily especially if we advertise it in the NBA thread in the Sports section. :)