6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

i-drop ko kaya sina KG, wade, ak, wally, bonzi, tj sa waivers?  :unsure:

pagkaguluhan kaya sila?

uhm... wag ganun, bro...

for one, it would create MAJOR unbalance in the force este in the league...

and another is, di ba parang ganyan yung naging issue ni cactus jack / wade's world before???

...don't break ur team down bro... in the spirit of competition and fair play, let's do this till the end, ok???

uhm... wag ganun, bro...

for one, it would create MAJOR unbalance in the force este in the league...

and another is, di ba parang ganyan yung naging issue ni cactus jack / wade's world before???

...don't break ur team down bro... in the spirit of competition and fair play, let's do this till the end, ok???

wahaha.. ikaw naman bro, di na mabiro.. :lol:

of course i wouldn't do that.. and besides siguradong pag may next season, di na ako kasali nun.. :D

nasasayangan ako sa team ko. dapat nung umpisa eh eto na ung lineup ko. tsk tsk tsk... <_<

here's an example of NBA teams resting their star players pag sure na sila sa playoffs...

As the end of the regular season approaches, some NBA teams begin turning their focus to the playoffs. Fantasy fortunes can be affected when teams rest star players late in the season in an effort to get them re-energized for the postseason. Dirk Nowitzki was a prime example of this last season – his season averages last year were 26.1 points and 9.7 rebounds in 38.7 minutes per game, but in 10 April games those averages fell to 22.2 points and 7.3 boards in 33.5 minutes. Nowitzki even sat out one April game last year, something that won't happen again this season according to Mavericks coach Avery Johnson. Johnson said that Nowitzki felt that the down time affected his playoff performance, so he is "going to accommodate him" and try to not drop his minutes as much this season.

LINK

looking back at our fantasy draft, i wish the following happened (or if i was there):

-  drafting either dirk or tim duncan ahead of kobe

-  would've interchanged the draft position of kidd and jj... but anyways, i have them 2...

-  gasol or howard ahead of melo (well, i have them 2 now also)

-  hinrich ahead of shareef

-  chris paul ahead of sam i am... (really, i have this feeling early on that the kid is legit)

-  rip hamilton or c-webb or s-jax ahead of jamaal tinsley (now, this is how ugly pre-draft rankings get)

-  mike miller or cat magloire ahead of jalen rose

-  primoz or al harrington ahead of nene hilario

-  tj ford over chris duhon...

...well... from my original team, i only have j-kidd, joe johnson and sam cassell left... thank goodness i was able to make a way to reconstruct this team... :blush:

i think the key is to pre-rank your players based on their performance the previous NBA season... like in my case, nilagay ko agad sa #1 si LeBron coz i know na he'll handle the ball 90% of the game... then the rest, I based my rankings dun sa performance nila last season... if you noticed, #11 ko na nilagay si marion coz i thought na baka may hindi mag ayos ng pre rankings kaya for sure #1 na nila si Marion, sayang lang yung ranking spot coz sa iba rin naman mapupunta... but looking into may top 5 (nasa previous posts ko...) #2 - 5 ko sina KG, TD (because of their all around performance), Arenas (explosive season last year), and Nash (MVP)... then sa top 10 ko includes AK and Hughes (NBA leaders in blocks and steals last season)... actually hangang # 20 inayos ko yan but after # 20, random na lang yung selection ko... good thing maganda rin yung naging result! :D

Edited by ayasadai
i think the key is to pre-rank your players based on their performance the previous NBA season... like in my case, nilagay ko agad sa #1 si LeBron coz i know na he'll handle the ball 90% of the game...  then the rest, I based my rankings dun sa performance nila last season... if you noticed, #11 ko na nilagay si marion coz i thought na baka may hindi mag ayos ng pre rankings kaya for sure #1 na nila si Marion, sayang lang yung ranking spot coz sa iba rin naman mapupunta... but looking into may top 5 (nasa previous posts ko...) #2 - 5 ko sina KG, TD (because of their all around performance), Arenas (explosive season last year), and Nash (MVP)... then sa top 10 ko includes AK and Hughes (NBA leaders in blocks and steals last season)... actually hangang # 20 inayos ko yan but after # 20, random na lang yung selection ko... good thing maganda rin yung naging result!  :D

...and nga pala JO is at #7 coz nung nagpre-rank ako, ang layo ng o-rank nya... so kung walang magaayos ng pre rankings, snatch ko agad si JO sa higher pick... pero buti hindi ko nakuha... wehehehe, maiinjured pala! pero sa other leagues ko nakuha ko silang 3: Amare, Hughes, and JO... :cry: kaya tigok agad ang line-up ko!!!

kaw naman... ur the master of the add/drop kung-fu... hehehe...

...i dunno, it would really be good to have a 1st round bye, but chances are, the best i could get is the 3rd spot... and btw, my team's sked ain't that good... let's see... :thumbsupsmiley:

add/drop kung-fu :blink:

cool name :thumbsupsmiley:

hehehe :lol:

I have to do that coz of the big disadvantages I have with a lot of injuries to my team week in and week out... :unsure:

now my number 2 player is out and Ben Wallace is having another low output spell, not the type of performance I traded away for AK :(

I'm down 5-6 now, hope it doesn't go any lower than that...

Who would've thunk Paltik Pachulia would be cranking it up this late in the season? Kid's been an absolute monster.

It would have been nice to add him but Deng was coming off a nasty all-around week himself. So my bad for passing up on that one and calling him names. Hmm, he must've heard that...

as for the draft q's/what I should've done on day one, I just find it funny how my twin towers never really got their act together. Duncan's played every game but he's played hurt all throughout with that game foot and JO's been in and out of the lineup.

If both guys went for 20 pts 10 rebs 3asts 2 blks 1stl x 3 games/week (120-60-12-6) I'm not too sure if I'd still be in the running for a playoff spot but I sure wouldn't be down in the dumps with my broken-ass magnums. Then there's Ginobili who should've gone for 20-5-5-2 but instead did the Marcus Camby thing this year. Tsktsktsk

btw, there's still a consolation bracket kinda like the NITs (Not In Tournament) for seeds 7 through 12 and we're still playing this one out right?

Who would've thunk Paltik Pachulia would be cranking it up this late in the season? Kid's been an absolute monster.

It would have been nice to add him but Deng was coming off a nasty all-around week himself. So my bad for passing up on that one and calling him names. Hmm, he must've heard that...

as for the draft q's/what I should've done on day one, I just find it funny how my twin towers never really got their act together. Duncan's played every game but he's played hurt all throughout with that game foot and JO's been in and out of the lineup.

If both guys went for 20 pts 10 rebs 3asts 2 blks 1stl  x 3 games/week (120-60-12-6) I'm not too sure if I'd still be in the running for a playoff spot but I sure wouldn't be down in the dumps with my broken-ass magnums. Then there's Ginobili who should've gone for 20-5-5-2 but instead did the Marcus Camby thing this year. Tsktsktsk

btw, there's still a consolation bracket kinda like the NITs (Not In Tournament) for seeds 7 through 12 and we're still playing this one out right?

actually, me too... i wouldn't have ever thought that he'd do 4 straight double doubles :blink: and counting when i've traded him... and come to think of it, ATL is one of those teams left with good skeds remaining :thumbsdownsmiley: ... geesh... breaks of the game...

...yeah, if ur twin tower combo panned out as planned, it would've been crazy... and then again, there's the kelvin cato story :D ... care to share w/ us again? :thumbsupsmiley:

...yeah, there's the consolation bracket for all non-playoff teams...

...and, cheese, man, i wouldn't have imagined i'd still go up in yesterday's match-up...

my proposals for next season :

Max Teams : 14/16

Scoring Type : Head-to-Head

Max Moves : 50

Max Trades : No Maximum

Trade Reject Time : 3

Trade End Date : mid-February or NBA deadline

Waiver Time : 2 days

Trade Review : League Votes

Roster Positions : cut to 3 BN players only

I was actually on that Add/Remove kung-fu strategy myself midway of the season ( i dunno why i even leviated from that as it was working for me :blink: ) BUT i didnt approve the "max moves limit" commish proposed as the season had already started coz i felt that was unfair for those GMs on that strategy already..

on the other hand, I am proposing it for next season coz I feel that the GM spirit is lost in plugging players in/out on a daily basis and also to level the playing field for those teams in "more" need of FA players..

my proposals for next season :

Max Teams : 14/16

Scoring Type : Head-to-Head

Max Moves : 50

Max Trades : No Maximum

Trade Reject Time : 3

Trade End Date : mid-February or NBA deadline

Waiver Time : 2 days

Trade Review : League Votes

Roster Positions : cut to 3 BN players only

I was actually on that Add/Remove kung-fu strategy myself midway of the season ( i dunno why i even leviated from that as it was working for me :blink: ) BUT i didnt approve the "max moves limit" commish proposed as the season had already started coz i felt that was unfair for those GMs on that strategy already..

on the other hand, I am proposing it for next season coz I feel that the GM spirit is lost in plugging players in/out on a daily basis and also to level the playing field for those teams in "more" need of FA players..

totally agree on this... :thumbsupsmiley:

and based on the talent level of the league, i say, 16 teams would still do...

ok, I guess I have to defend the add/drop strategy...

I vote for the no maximum moves as it is the only way GM's controlling 2 or more injured players in a roster have a chance in getting a decent showing week in and week out...

for example right now, I'm already using this strategy but I'm still getting a major ass-whooping from Solomon Inc. imagine if I'm not using this or if this was limited I'd probably get the only 0-11 result in our whole season... :cry:

he he, baseball na pinag-uusapan ko, wala na kasi pag-asa. as for the basketball settings, im amenable to increasing the number of teams to 14 or 16 pero siguro babawasan ang util and/or bench, halos wala na kasing madukot sa FA pool eh. Favor din ako na limitahan ang moves (add/drop) ng isang team as I suggested early in the season.i just find it more challenging that way.

good luck sa mga pasok sa playoffs. sa aming mga hindi nakapasok, simula na ang offseason. waaaaaaaa. ang haba ng bakasyon na walang fantasy basketball. kaya mga tol, sali na kayo sa fantasy baseball kundi mababagot kayo sa kahihintay sa NBA fantasy:-)

I vote for the no maximum moves as it is the only way GM's controlling 2 or more injured players in a roster have a chance in getting a decent showing week in and week out...

for example right now, I'm already using this strategy but I'm still getting a major ass-whooping from Solomon Inc. imagine if I'm not using this or if this was limited I'd probably get the only 0-11 result in our whole season... :cry:

of course... we also think about that too, as even i do some add/drop kung-fu (thanks to the lackluster play of my boys)...

...however, i believe a maximum of, say, 50 or 75 moves will probably be more than enough... :D

...and anyways, probably, next season most of us will opt for more "healthy players"... :D

he he, baseball na pinag-uusapan ko, wala na kasi pag-asa. as for the basketball settings, im amenable to increasing the number of teams to 14 or 16 pero siguro babawasan ang util and/or bench, halos wala na kasing madukot sa FA pool eh. Favor din ako na limitahan ang moves (add/drop) ng isang team as I suggested early in the season.i just find it more challenging that way.

good luck sa mga pasok sa playoffs. sa aming mga hindi nakapasok, simula na ang offseason. waaaaaaaa. ang haba ng bakasyon na walang fantasy basketball. kaya mga tol, sali na kayo sa fantasy baseball kundi mababagot kayo sa kahihintay sa NBA fantasy:-)

commish, there's still that consolation bracket anyways :D

...and, try to PM muna sa mga GM's dito before posting the league details - baka mapuno w/o the mainstays involved eh...

also to level the playing field for those teams in "more" need of FA players..

I vote for the no maximum moves as it is the only way GM's controlling 2 or more injured players

ikaw naman bro oh, you missed the point in my post.. "team in more need of FA players" = team with quite a few injuries (to put it mildly) :D

the logic is that, all of us should think about our strategy for the whole week rather than per day.. :) and besides for next season naman yun.. NO din ako for this season eh.. :thumbsupsmiley: