6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

Thanks for the kibbitzing guys, appreciate it.

It was Wade who cooked the deal up and put it forward.

Deron's been struggling somewhat as of late. Dude even laid a big fat egg today.

The key for me would be Damon's shooting (fg, ft) percentage---it hasn't gotten this high in years. For everything else, well, it's a toss-up. Because he's a vet and he'll probably get the numbers a bit more consistently, I'm somehow favoring Damon on this one but I can't convince myself enough since Deron went berserk several weeks back, going for something like 20 pts, 5 rebs, 7 asts, 1 stl in 3 games.

Edited by gift_of_game

FANTASY UPDATES:

Sam Cassell: Second Consecutive Double-Double

Update: Cassell notched his second consecutive double-double Wednesday night, dishing 11 assists to go along with 16 points. He also grabbed six boards and had a couple of steals.

Recommendation: Cassell continues to reward those that took a chance on him this season with outstanding production from what was likely a late-round pick.

Darius Miles: Slated for Knee Procedure

Update: Miles will have surgery to repair torn cartilage in his right knee, The Oregonian reports.

Recommendation: It has not been determined how much action Miles will miss. "We probably won't know how long he will be out until after the surgery," coach Nate McMillan said. It will be difficult for the Blazers to replace their small forward who is averaging 18.2 ppg and 5.6 rpg. Expect Martell Webster and Viktor Khryapa to see an increase in playing time.

Kirk Hinrich: (Concussion) Could Return Friday

Update: Hinrich, who suffered a mild concussion Monday against Dallas and missed Wednesday's game against the Magic, was able to ride a stationary bike with no adverse effects and could be back in the lineup Friday, the Arlington Daily Herald reports.

Recommendation: No decision will be made on Hinrich's status until Friday, so those of you in daily leagues, hold off until more is known before activating him.

hey, congrats  w/ the completed deal... for good or worse, i don't have regrets with this deal...

...wheel and deal, everyone...!!!

yeah, congratulations to you too. Dwight is on a tear right now so here's to hoping he continues his good games for you. :cool:

(well maybe until we meet... :wacko:)

hehehe :lol:

btw, now I seem to have an abundance in G's. anybody interested in Jason Williams in exchange for a C? :)

Thanks for the kibbitzing guys, appreciate it.

It was Wade who cooked the deal up and put it forward.

Deron's been struggling somewhat as of late. Dude even laid a big fat egg today.

The key for me would be Damon's shooting (fg, ft) percentage---it hasn't gotten this high in years. For everything else, well, it's a toss-up. Because he's a vet and he'll probably get the numbers a bit more consistently, I'm somehow favoring Damon on this one but I can't convince myself enough since Deron went berserk several weeks back, going for something like 20 pts, 5 rebs, 7 asts, 1 stl in 3 games.

can I still give my very late take on this trade? IMHO, you'd be hands down winner on this trade. Damon has learnt to take the best shots possible instead of chucking it everytime he sees the ring just like what he did when he was the wonderboy from Toronto. and with Pau now commanding respect from opponents defenses, he's sure to start producing better stats from now on. this is just my humble opinion bro.

for what it's worth...

can I still give my very late take on this trade? IMHO, you'd be hands down winner on this trade. Damon has learnt to take the best shots possible instead of chucking it everytime he sees the ring just like what he did when he was the wonderboy from Toronto. and with Pau now commanding respect from opponents defenses, he's sure to start producing better stats from now on. this is just my humble opinion bro.

for what it's worth...

Thanks dude. Wasn't that late really---this surprised me as well---I just bit the bullet and signed out my first trade deal.

Deron's really stinking it up right now and that kind of kills me big time with Terry already at sick bay. I still dunno what Master Wade's looking for in this deal but he may be on to something.

I'm just hoping Damon puts up the numbers consistently. His freebies already help me a great deal especially with clunkers like Stro, Mason and Foyle on deck.

Grizz are on a tear right now and Fratello's beaming like a maniac. Maybe getting old wasn't a bad idea after all?

Btw, I dropped Flip Murray so go fish. Kid can score alright and well, do little else. It doesn't help that he plays behind Jesus Shuttlesworth and doesn't jack up threes.

Now, if only the Sprockets get into groove and start clicking and Head plays above water in the next few...

OT: Master Chu, anong masasabi mo ngayong may mas rabid na Indy fan na sa NBA thread? Just asking pare... :P

Edited by gift_of_game
Thanks dude. Wasn't that late really---this surprised me as well---I just bit the bullet and signed out my first trade deal.

did u already had the trade go down dude? if so, maybe you'll get more benefit from it. deron is really a good player. but he's a rookie, so it's bound to happen if he sometimes struggle. and with that he might lose the starting job too.. damon is pretty sure the starter for memphis, if he's healthy. :hypocritesmiley:

OT: Master Chu, anong masasabi mo ngayong may mas rabid na Indy fan na sa NBA thread? Just asking pare... :P

well, it's good to see another die-hard indy fans at nba thread. hindi naman kame ganuon kalakihan in terms of numbers outside US, particularly outside indianapolis diba? also count lithuania na rin because of runi.

but it's good to see someone defending our team with great passion and with good points na rin. at least he knows tha pacers, particularly the management and coaches :D , like me. but sabi nga nila, we should all be as objective as we are as fans... especially when touching important issues. yes, we can be homer sometimes, but be very objective.. tama ba g_o_g? :D

anyway, i'd really like to get TD.. do u want to swap TD for KG? just a thought bro... :boo:

and oh btw,, bro don't address me as "master", hehehe... di ako sanay eh :lol:

Edited by hoopburners
did u already had the trade go down dude? if so, maybe you'll get more benefit from it. deron is really a good player. but he's a rookie, so it's bound to happen if he sometimes struggle. and with that he might lose the starting job too.. damon is pretty sure the starter for memphis, if he's healthy.  :hypocritesmiley:

well, it's good to see another die-hard indy fans at nba thread. hindi naman kame ganuon kalakihan in terms of numbers outside US, particularly outside indianapolis diba? also count lithuania na rin because of runi.

but it's good to see someone defending our team with great passion and with good points na rin. at least he knows tha pacers, particularly the management and coaches  :D , like me. but sabi nga nila, we should all be as objective as we are as fans... especially when touching important issues. yes, we can be homer sometimes, but be very objective.. tama ba g_o_g?  :D

anyway, i'd really like to get TD.. do u want to swap TD for KG? just a thought bro...  :boo:

and oh btw,, bro don't address me as "master", hehehe... di ako sanay eh  :lol: 

hell... i'm an indy fan too... though not rabid... hehehe...