San Miguel Beer

any news regarding coach siot's status?

kung sya p din kc ang coach, malamang hndi nya kunin c intal eh!.. wag lng mkialam c chot!....

kung pwd nga lng c gabe, bkt hnd!... :P

no word on it yet...

They're stocking up on small forwards & shooting guards because Pido Jarencio will be the next SMB Coach! :lol:

Pido just love tall SF's & SG's surrounding an undersized center (Bondying).. bwehehe.. :lol:

Tapos idra-draft niya pa si Mirza, Ababou, Espiritu at Allera.. :lol:

At kakalbuhin na niya si Tenorio, harharhar.. :lol:

waaag!!! riot na to!!!

read this from www.malaya.com.ph

you may want to check out the lower part of the article

Jong pines for Reavis, Hatfield

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GINEBRA’S woes are piling up, but this doesn’t mean the crowd favorite would just lie down and die and forget its title-retention bid in the PBA Philippine Cup.

So said Kings coach Jong Uichico, who vowed his team will continue fighting until the end despite their manpower problems.

"Ganyan naman ang Ginebra talaga. Habang dumadami ang problema lalong tumatapang, lalong lumalaban," he said.

Aside from having traded away their picks in the first two rounds of the PBA Rookie Draft this Sunday, the Kings frontline is still missing two of its most vital components.

As of yesterday, Uichico still has to hear from forward-center Rafi Reavis, who had his shoulder operated on in the United States right after the Kings won the Philippine Cup last February.

The Kings also lost hardworking forward Rudy Hatfield last March as he attended to a pressing personal problem concerning his fiancée.

But while Hatfield’s status is certain – he won’t return to play unless his problem is solved–Reavis has left Ginebra clueless.

Uichico told Malaya he talked to Reavis before leaving with the San Miguel-Pilipinas team last month for the FIBA-Asia Men’s Championship.

"I know okay na ang shoulder niya and he has undergone rehab. I also realize he needs more time to strengthen his shoulders. But there’s no definitive word whether he’ll be back," Uichico said.

To try and overcome his manpower problems, Uichico has started whipping up practices since last week while sorting out what to do with Egay Echavez and Jec Chia, whose contracts expired last month.

Bad luck has also struck Ginebra’s sister team, San Miguel Beer, since center Dorian Peña will be gone for six months to enable him to heal a swollen tendon.

Peña’s temporary departure will create a huge hole in the middle for the Beermen, who are expected to be coached by Chot Reyes for the coming season. With Peña out, SMB will most likely choose a big man and pass up on explosive forward JC Intal in Sunday’s draft.

According to SMB interim coach Siot Tanquingcen, Fil-Am Joe Devance and former UAAP MVP Ken Bono are two of the five players they are looking at in the draft.

rumors abound that if Deveance isn't available SMB might pick Intal or Ryan Reyes

the Fil-Am PG has been said to catch the fancies of SMB Management...

better trade bondjing so they cud get deveance and ryan reyes or ken bon!

its certain now that chot will be coaching smb!...

better trade bondjing so they cud get deveance and ryan reyes or ken bon!

its certain now that chot will be coaching smb!...

not after coughing up a leg and an arm... they won't!

add that chot is coming back to SMB... his love for ADMU is certainly going to be the death of SMB

read this once again from www.malaya.com.ph

Tanquingcen calls shots

for SMB as Reyes rests

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BY NOLI CORTEZ

SAN Miguel Beer interim coach Siot Tanquingcen’s ability to make the most out of what he’s dealt will be tested to the hilt anew in the PBA Philippine Cup starting in October.

Tanquingcen is supposed to step aside and hand the reins to Chot Reyes whose stint with the national team is over but Reyes yesterday said he has decided to rest for a while, leaving the Beermen under the care of Siot.

"It’s basically coach Siot’s team," Reyes said, maintaining his role – at least for the moment – will be mainly consultative in nature.

"I don’t want to get in his way, sa kanya ang diskarte. Ang akin, advise lang," Reyes added.

Tanquingcen said whatever help Reyes may offer will definitely be welcome, "lalo na ngayon na siguradong magpapalakasan ang ibang mga teams."

Tanquingcen, who was relegated to assistant coach at Ginebra when erstwhile SMB coach Jong Uichico was tapped to coach the Kings last year, moved over to SMB in an interim capacity last March when Reyes concentrated on the national team. He guided the Beermen to eight straight wins and ultimately a fourth place finish in the Fiesta Cup.

Things, however, are expected to be more difficult now.

Center Dorian Pena, for one, will be out for six months to heal a tendon that was recently operated on while Lordy Tugade still has to fully recover from surgery on both knees.

Good news comes in the form of Danny Seigle and Dondon Hontiveros returning from their RP Team stints.

"It’s quite obvious na relatively loaded ang team. Pero iisa lang ang bola. Kung lima, medyo llyamado kami siguro," he said.

Tanquingcen said the sidelining of Pena will definitely hurt since he wants to whip the Beermen to become a defensive and rebounding-oriented squad.

"Hindi naman puwedeng puro shoot lang. Kailangan ding i-stop namin ang kabila at makakuha kami ng bola," he explained.

The Beermen have the second and ninth picks overall in Sunday’s Rookie Draft at the Market! Market! in Taguig, but Tanquingcen and Reyes believe they will utilize only the first one.

"We’re seriously looking at either (Samigue) Eman or (Joe) De Vance," said Reyes. "Kung sino pa ang nandoon pagdating sa No. 2, iyun ang kukunin namin."

Tanquingcen added they are also looking at JC Intal and Ryan Reyes, saying they could have an immediate impact with the Beermen, but expressed doubts whether any of the two would still be available by the time their second first round pick comes along.

"Kaya nga puwede naming i-trade iyung No. 9 pick namin for the future," said Tanquingcen. "Kung may interested, a trade could be arranged."

read this once again from www.malaya.com.ph

Tanquingcen calls shots

for SMB as Reyes rests

BY NOLI CORTEZ

SAN Miguel Beer interim coach Siot Tanquingcen's ability to make the most out of what he's dealt will be tested to the hilt anew in the PBA Philippine Cup starting in October.

Tanquingcen is supposed to step aside and hand the reins to Chot Reyes whose stint with the national team is over but Reyes yesterday said he has decided to rest for a while, leaving the Beermen under the care of Siot.

"It's basically coach Siot's team," Reyes said, maintaining his role – at least for the moment – will be mainly consultative in nature.

"I don't want to get in his way, sa kanya ang diskarte. Ang akin, advise lang," Reyes added.

BRAVO! BRAVO!

Tanquingcen said whatever help Reyes may offer will definitely be welcome, "lalo na ngayon na siguradong magpapalakasan ang ibang mga teams."

Tanquingcen, who was relegated to assistant coach at Ginebra when erstwhile SMB coach Jong Uichico was tapped to coach the Kings last year, moved over to SMB in an interim capacity last March when Reyes concentrated on the national team. He guided the Beermen to eight straight wins and ultimately a fourth place finish in the Fiesta Cup.

Goodluck Coach Siot! More Power to the Beermen!!!

Things, however, are expected to be more difficult now.

Center Dorian Pena, for one, will be out for six months to heal a tendon that was recently operated on while Lordy Tugade still has to fully recover from surgery on both knees.

Magagamit yung bndying because of Dorian's injury DAMN. Sana hindi magkalat

Good news comes in the form of Danny Seigle and Dondon Hontiveros returning from their RP Team stints.

100% healthy na ba si Danny S?

"It's quite obvious na relatively loaded ang team. Pero iisa lang ang bola. Kung lima, medyo llyamado kami siguro," he said.

Tanquingcen said the sidelining of Pena will definitely hurt since he wants to whip the Beermen to become a defensive and rebounding-oriented squad.

"Hindi naman puwedeng puro shoot lang. Kailangan ding i-stop namin ang kabila at makakuha kami ng bola," he explained.

Kaya yan Coach!!! Show them what you got

The Beermen have the second and ninth picks overall in Sunday's Rookie Draft at the Market! Market! in Taguig, but Tanquingcen and Reyes believe they will utilize only the first one.

"We're seriously looking at either (Samigue) Eman or (Joe) De Vance," said Reyes. "Kung sino pa ang nandoon pagdating sa No. 2, iyun ang kukunin namin."

Tanquingcen added they are also looking at JC Intal and Ryan Reyes, saying they could have an immediate impact with the Beermen, but expressed doubts whether any of the two would still be available by the time their second first round pick comes along.

"Kaya nga puwede naming i-trade iyung No. 9 pick namin for the future," said Tanquingcen. "Kung may interested, a trade could be arranged."

What do you guys think about this? Is Devance the guy that would fit the Beermen to a T?

With Welcoat picking Devance, San Miguel should choose Eman instead. Better just trade Pena and Espinas for another forward.

they might select Ryan Reyes... word has it he plays a lot like Hector Calma and would definitely make an impact to the team! now that makes me wonder what will happen to Tenorio? I am not sure about picking Samigue... I think this guy would go bust! I don't see much upside in his game... they might be better off selecting either Bono, Reyes or Cruz with the #2 pick... but thats just me!

Peep_Tom: boy! do you make if difficult for me to reply on your post... hehehe! anyway... I'm glad both you and coach chot have agreed on something ;) kidding! I think the Dynamite is 100% healthy as of now... no injuries whatsoever... *knocks on wood*

regarding De Vance, I've always thought of him to be a softy... he's a big man with more of an outside game... kinda like Danny S. or Mick P., I know those two are worlds apart in terms of talent... but I think you get what I mean! ;)

now if he would fit the beermen system to a T, that much I cannot say! take note that they are loaded with wing players... I am unsure with De Vance's rebounding skills but they'll definitely create a lot of mismatches! can you imagine a line-up consisting of:

PG - LA Tenorio

SG - Larry Fonacier

SF - Dondon Hontiveros

PF - Danny Seigle

C - Joe De Vance

they have the ceiling... it's just a matter of rebounding! then they have Danny I, Gabby E. and Willy W. off the bench (didn't mention Dorean since he's out on sick bay)

they might select Ryan Reyes... word has it he plays a lot like Hector Calma and would definitely make an impact to the team! now that makes me wonder what will happen to Tenorio? I am not sure about picking Samigue... I think this guy would go bust! I don't see much upside in his game... they might be better off selecting either Bono, Reyes or Cruz with the #2 pick... but thats just me!

Peep_Tom: boy! do you make if difficult for me to reply on your post... hehehe! anyway... I'm glad both you and coach chot have agreed on something ;) kidding! I think the Dynamite is 100% healthy as of now... no injuries whatsoever... *knocks on wood*

regarding De Vance, I've always thought of him to be a softy... he's a big man with more of an outside game... kinda like Danny S. or Mick P., I know those two are worlds apart in terms of talent... but I think you get what I mean! ;)

now if he would fit the beermen system to a T, that much I cannot say! take note that they are loaded with wing players... I am unsure with De Vance's rebounding skills but they'll definitely create a lot of mismatches! can you imagine a line-up consisting of:

PG - LA Tenorio

SG - Larry Fonacier

SF - Dondon Hontiveros

PF - Danny Seigle

C - Joe De Vance

they have the ceiling... it's just a matter of rebounding! then they have Danny I, Gabby E. and Willy W. off the bench (didn't mention Dorean since he's out on sick bay)

Sorry about that. Anyway SMB has become an outside shooting and slashing team! Forget about the Inside dominance that we use to have. Anyway I just hope it will work. Goodluck beermen! Goodluck din sa mga fans ta tulad ko.

Sorry about that. Anyway SMB has become an outside shooting and slashing team! Forget about the Inside dominance that we use to have. Anyway I just hope it will work. Goodluck beermen! Goodluck din sa mga fans ta tulad ko.

nah! it's ok :D if you ask me... parang pang international competition ang line up nila

a team loaded with shooters and slashers

Hmmmmm another SMB-Philippine team in the making?

wag naman sana... can you imagine bondying playing for the RP Team?

tsk tsk! that's be a disappointment!

Mukhang di dapat si sumague ang kunin ng san miguel as 2nd pick... parang all hype lang kasi malake... dapat ata guard kasi si racela medyo may edad na..

well rumors are ripe that if welcoat selects De Vance SMB might opt to select Ryan Reyes