San Miguel Beer

bad news para sa mga fans ng san miguel..nagkaroon ng stomach infection si galen young at mukhang di makakalaro tonight...naka confine siya ngayon sa makati med until monday kasi under observation siya

here you go again!!! from what Alex has been telling me... the only one with the infection is your mother!

she keeps on getting screwed and pounded by guys... looks like if she continues to do this she'll be the one confined in the hospital! wahahaha!!!

tambak ah

this would be an understatement!

wasak na wasak ang SMB...

ito ba ung SMB na nagpabakasyon sa BGK ko?

Bawi coach Siot!!!

far from being that team!

well... they better get their acts together come sunday!

mahirap na...

mas mahirap ang kalaban ng #1 seed :P

ang #2 na alaska #6 SMB ang kalaban

blame it on the commish!

SMB FINALLY GETS ONE OVER ALASKA

Tenorio, Ildefonso come off the bench to lead Beermen

Sunday, 24 June 2007

San Miguel Beer is again back in business.

Forty-eight hours after being utterly outclassed by the Alaska Aces, the Beermen got back fighting with great resolve Sunday night and avoided falling into a 0-3 hole no team in PBA playoff history has ever gotten out of.

San Miguel Beer played a well-balanced game with Danny Ildefonso and LA Tenorio delivering huge numbers coming off the bench as the Beermen drubbed the Aces, 91-81, in Game Three of their 2007 Talk ‘N Text PBA Fiesta Conference best-of-seven semifinals series at the Araneta Coliseum.

"At least, we’ve got one. The key was making it sure we do things correctly. It’s tough to beat Alaska if you commit many mistakes. They’re scrappy and good at the same time," said coach Siot Tanquingcen as his troops narrowed down the Aces’ lead in the series at 2-1.

"It’s hard to hold them down. They’re big and strong. We have to battle and don’t let them outhustle us," Tanquingcen added.

The Beermen did all those things Sunday to get back in the thick of things in the season-ending tourney where they have become the "Miracle Team."

Galen Young led all players in scoring and rebounds with 22 points and 12 caroms with Ildefonso and Tenorio adding 18 and 16 points, respectively, although playing limited minutes this time.

"It showed that we don’t necessarily need one or two guys playing big. We need a total team effort," said Tanquingcen.

Ildefonso and Tenorio proved themselves to be ideal subs, supplying the team instant offense coming off the bench.

And saving their best for last, Ildefonso and Tenorio, more importantly, delivered lethal blows on the Aces at the finish.

The two combined for 16 of the Beermen’s 28 points in the final quarter with a triple by Tenorio breaking Alaska’s back at 89-81 with time down to 1:11.

But it was a fierce battle until the Beermen got that margin.

Willie Miller, who had his breakthrough game in the series Friday, titillated the crowd with back-to-back three-pointers as the Aces came within two at 77-79.

But after Ildefonso answered with a short stab, Miller had their fans moaning and groaning as he tried another three-pointer that didn’t hit the rim then let Brandon Cablay complete a three-point play in transition on a useless foul.

Alaska used a nine-point lead to cushion the impact of San Miguel’s strong second-quarter finish as the Aces took the half at 42-41.

The Aces led by nine at 40-31 before the Beermen made a 10-2 run to close the first 24 minutes of play.

The Beermen sustained their charge in the third quarter and surged ahead by eight at 54-46 before settling for a 63-61 edge going into the final canto. (NC)

The scores:

San Miguel Beer 91 – Young 22, Ildefonso 18, Tenorio 16, Cablay 10, Gonzales 7, Villanueva 7, Calaguio 5, Wilson 4, Racela 2, Pena 0.

Alaska 81 – Cortez 14, Ellis 14, Miller 12, Belasco 9, Thoss 8, Hugnatan 8, Ferriols 8, Cariaso 6, Laure 2.

Quarterscores: 19-24, 41-42, 63-61, 91-81

i used to hate Rico Villanueva when he was in Red Bull before, but i have to admit, he played well last night and a good addition to the team, i really did not see Adducul's effect while he was an SMB player.

isa pa lalong gumagaling si Danny I natreatreaten siguro. :thumbsupsmiley:

why? what did he do?

i used to hate Rico Villanueva when he was in Red Bull before, but i have to admit, he played well last night and a good addition to the team, i really did not see Adducul's effect while he was an SMB player.

isa pa lalong gumagaling si Danny I natreatreaten siguro. :thumbsupsmiley:

He is still a jackass if you ask me!!!

Kanino na threaten si Danny I? Kay Rico? If I remember it right way before Rico was traded to SMB Danny I is already playing very very well.

well i guess kahit sinung player naman po will feel some sort of a treat if their team gets another player in his position and i'm not saying Danny I was not good when Rico was not in SMB i just think Danny I wants to establish himself as the premier center of SMB, which is true of course and the entry of RV makes him work harder...but all in all it works for us as long as SMB gets the win. Players pride you can't deny that :thumbsupsmiley:

well i guess kahit sinung player naman po will feel some sort of a treat if their team gets another player in his position and i'm not saying Danny I was not good when Rico was not in SMB i just think Danny I wants to establish himself as the premier center of SMB, which is true of course and the entry of RV makes him work harder...but all in all it works for us as long as SMB gets the win. Players pride you can't deny that :thumbsupsmiley:

San Miguel needs role players like Freddie Abuda before. They are willing to sacrifice their offensive game for the team.

What I see here is the team is moving in a forward and positive direction, whether they win this series or not. They have a good mix of young and veteran players. And this is generally a quick team and is able to defend very well.

Rico's entry ensures SMB of continuity in the Center slot. True, Danny I has some very good years still left in him, and I'm guessing Rico will soon be the SMBs main center. Similar to the situation of Racela and Tenorio. I'm sure next season, Rico will have fully adjusted to the SMB system and play better than how he's playing now.