San Miguel Beer

taken from pba.ph

SMB's chance of chalking up a second win has been bolstered by the arrival of Galen Young – a versatile, hardworking reinforcement who is very familiar with the Aces who has just been named MVP in the CBA a week go.

The 6-foot-5 guard, who will be replacing Paul McMillan, came at a time when the Beermen desperately need a leader and go-to guy who could provide a spark when the going gets tough.

A second-round pick by the Milwaukee during the 1999 NBA Draft, Young played for the Aces in the same conference three years ago. In fact, Alaska offered Young another tour of duty but the 32-year-old passed up, claiming he'll try his luck in the NBA.

Even the arrival of their new import Galen YOUNG (a CBA MVP) didn't bail out the Beermen from lossing. Trailing by 7 points in the last 4 mins of the game, after chasing the Alaka lead of 20 points in the third quarter, Rossel Ellis unleashed a way beyond 3 pointer that break the rally of the Beermen. Young finished with just 12 points.

I think McMillan was doing pretty well! Well management Decesion siguro to boost up the confidence of local players. Flat lahat ang performance. Even if their import working his ass off, it can't be done without local support. Ayon new import talo pa rin! Well they were up againts alaska. Pero Tim Cone speaks highly of the new import. Hopes its not too late.

I think McMillan was doing pretty well! Well management Decesion siguro to boost up the confidence of local players. Flat lahat ang performance. Even if their import working his ass off, it can't be done without local support. Ayon new import talo pa rin! Well they were up againts alaska. Pero Tim Cone speaks highly of the new import. Hopes its not too late.

he should... he was his former import!

terrible showing by Galen Young! did you see him praying to the basketball ring?

I guess they know now that replacing mcmillan is not the answer to their woes, it seems that coach Siot is having a difficult time motivating his players (esp. Adducul, gonzales and cablay) to step-up dahil sa pagkawala ni danny s. sa RP team at tugade sa injury...

from what I see all of them seem to be out of sync!

surprisingly even adducul!!! and he wants to lead and be the star of a team?

now is his time to show he can!!!

he should... he was his former import!

terrible showing by Galen Young! did you see him praying to the basketball ring?

from what I see all of them seem to be out of sync!

surprisingly even adducul!!! and he wants to lead and be the star of a team?

now is his time to show he can!!!

Even the new import seems to be out of sync, i guess that sometimes every team goes to this phase just like in the case of Ginebra noon at slr hanggang ngayon..... :D

Even the new import seems to be out of sync, i guess that sometimes every team goes to this phase just like in the case of Ginebra noon at slr hanggang ngayon..... :D

the guy was practically throwing bricks all night!

he was even caught on cam praying to the basketball gods!

(he was actually gesturing to the ring with his hand clasped)

it's a totally different case sa slr hehehe

nandyan kasi ang mga sukat kings!

buti pa kausapin na lang ng management si danding cojuangco at buy out ang contract ni kobe for 6 months sa lakers total sigurado nang eliminated na ang lakers this season.

$ 18,000,000 a year salary ni kobe sa lakers so :

18,000,000 x 48 rate ng dollar = Php 864,000,000 / 6 months

= Php 144,000,000-----chicken lang ito sa san miguel!!!

in other words, 24 million a month bayad ng san miguel kung sakaling kunin nila si kobe

buti pa kausapin na lang ng management si danding cojuangco at buy out ang contract ni kobe for 6 months sa lakers total sigurado nang eliminated na ang lakers this season.

$ 18,000,000 a year salary ni kobe sa lakers so :

18,000,000 x 48 rate ng dollar = Php 864,000,000 / 6 months

= Php 144,000,000-----chicken lang ito sa san miguel!!!

in other words, 24 million a month bayad ng san miguel kung sakaling kunin nila si kobe

HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA GAGO! ANG LAKI NG SIRA NG ULO MO

the guy was practically throwing bricks all night!

he was even caught on cam praying to the basketball gods!

(he was actually gesturing to the ring with his hand clasped)

it's a totally different case sa slr hehehe

nandyan kasi ang mga sukat kings!

Maybe its a case of trying to do well against his former team and he wants to prove to them something but them again from what i've read siya ang nag-back out sa muling pagkuha sa kanya ng alaska dahil mag-try out daw sya sa NBA. Mali pala ako sa sinabi ko regarding slr, talagang there is something about this team that caused to be always on the bottom of the standings at nahahawa pa sa katamaran at pagiging lame ni aquino, siguro sobrang disappointed na ng team owner nito, (bad for the PBA) pero baka one of these days mag-disband na 'to dahil 2001 pa ang last title nila which also happens to be their only one since joining the league way back in 1993...OT na tuloy...hehe

Edited by Agent_mulder
Maybe its a case of trying to do well against his former team and he wants to prove to them something but them again from what i've read siya ang nag-back out sa muling pagkuha sa kanya ng alaska dahil mag-try out daw sya sa NBA. Mali pala ako sa sinabi ko regarding slr, talagang there is something about this team that caused to be always on the bottom of the standings at nahahawa pa sa katamaran at pagiging lame ni aquino, siguro sobrang disappointed na ng team owner nito, (bad for the PBA) pero baka one of these days mag-disband na 'to dahil 2001 pa ang last title nila which also happens to be their only one since joining the league way back in 1993...OT na tuloy...hehe

well I really have no idea regarding that... though when I think about it the main difference between Young and McMillan was that young was trying to constantly involve his teammates during the game... reason why although he did not score as heavily other locals, namely Tenorio and Ildefonso, stepped up to carry the cudgels for the beermen...

on hindsight McMillan is good... though he doesn't involve nor can create shots for his teammates...

perhaps this could have been the compelling reason why Young was tapped to replace him

I think SMB is on adjusment period ulit after jong leaves chot take charge meaning adjustment then chot goes to national team another adjustment plus SMB without Dynamite Danny is another adjustment.

well they truly are... just that the problem is they don't have the luxury of time!

ano na ba record nila?! 2-6? and ilan games will they be playing?

chemistry wise sobrang kulang sila... their import committed 9 turnovers in their game last night!

they even squandered a 12pt lead... they almost lost the game! sheesh...

I think SMB is on adjusment period ulit after jong leaves chot take charge meaning adjustment then chot goes to national team another adjustment plus SMB without Dynamite Danny is another adjustment.

adjustment!... for how long p!... bka my champion n ska plng cla nkpag gel as a team!...

the locals should really get their game in a hurry or it could be an early exit for them!...

• 2 weeks later...
Dapat kse kumuha ng mga amerikano si danding tapos pa blood transfussion nya, palitan nya ng dugo ng isang oragon. For sure parang buhawi sa court maglaro yon. Parang universal soldiers ang dating.

I thought they did that with Kelly Williams? ;)

di lang nga nila nakuha sa draft... hehehe!

did you that vicious tomahawk he threw at the face of rico?

I bet you'd love that pare!

I thought they did that with Kelly Williams? ;)

di lang nga nila nakuha sa draft... hehehe!

did you that vicious tomahawk he threw at the face of rico?

I bet you'd love that pare!

Sorry to say but I havnt seen any game in the ongoing conference. I would be more happy if its a bottle thrown at the face of enricups.