• 2 weeks later...

May stock market thread pala dito sa MTC. Cool! Started investing right after I graduated from college, so it's been three years for me. Anyway, what's with NOW? What do the traders/investors see in that company? Its share price has skyrocketed for the past couple of weeks. can't see any MATERIAL disclosure from pse edge.

There are only 2 big telecom players TEL and SMART. A competitor like NOW, maybe too small to put a dent on the market share, would have so much opportunities to grow. This is what investors look for, the future value of company which is why price could be sky's the limit. However, they're too small so either one of the 2 big telecom players could buy them out which is bad for the stock price. So thread lightly. A gain is a gain. Exit when you have already profited.

Edited by secretunknown

watch points for NOW -- next resistance at 3.5, support at 3. if it breaks 3.5, then next is 3.9, then 4.3 then no know resistance after. if it fails and goes down to support, after 3 is 2.5, then 2.12. all numbers are relative plus/minus 3 cents (hard to see exact numbers as the previous price action at this level was back in 2008)

Ooh, so they're trying to enter the telecom industry. I hope that would materialize after the abandonment of SMC-Telstra deal. TEL and GLO just keep on charging hefty premiums for subpar service. Good thing (bad for the stockholders and the PSEi) TEL share price plunged to 1700-2100 level. Their long years of profit is over hahaha

just watch out though especially for blue chips holders. i think the market will crash back to 6k or even high 5k levels by Q3

5k is too down on a booming economy like ours. Safe to say that we will have a short bearish run during and a couple weeks to months after the election due to the uncertainties. PSEi is currently testing its first Support at 7137. If it breaks this, safe to say that the market will be bearish at some point. Bad for Investors, more opportunities for Position and speculative Traders. I'll bet that at the end of may we will be at around 6800, but the market will bounce and will rise until the end of the year. At the short term, poised for a downtrend na talaga, and we Need a confirmation candle after yesterday's hanging man.

A few stocks stand out the moment for me (I usually monitor commodity stocks :D):

NIKL and FNI are bouncing of supports and are poised to climb up again. Nickel at the world market is also high. Wait for buy signals. They are bound to come soon.

IS is making a move, but be careful with this very volatile stock. Got profits here last Apr 26 and today (Apr 28). For me, watch out for the volume on this one.

ARA and NOW are very risky, but if you have the Appetite for risk, there is still some light in the horizon.

MCP and BLOOM are attractive in the medium term as they are trying out new ventures for more income and the Macau/China Situation will surely invite big Players in our lands. But in the short term, ipitan tong dalawang to.

Volatility right now is at its lowest. Careful with the trading, don't believe any Hype, believe in your trading plans and Charts

Disclaimer: I'm new sa stocks and I'm still learning it. Also, I'm a Trader, not an Investor sa PSEi.

Have a plan when trading a stock , don't just blindly trade a stock because of someone said so or good story come out it can just be a hype to catch a prey .

Kaya nauso Yung sell on good News at buy on bad News lol

well, it's not just dependent on our economy. the global economy is not looking good overall and Q3 will be crucial. i think we may see foreign funds go to safe havens like japanese yen and gold. it's just worst case scenario and i've been having that mindset for about a year or so already since i trade basura stocks only so i need to be always cautious. that's just me though

The PSEI seems to be on a downtrend. The US market is weighed down by Apple’s drop in results, though FB is doing well. Bank of Japan’s direction on the stimulus is a downer. Currencies going wild. And a few days from now, Philippine elections. U.S. elections also. Too much turbulence in the market. So many risks and perils for the investor. Time to be defensive temporarily, is it?

is easily said than done on "buy low sell high". what will be the low and what will be the high, there is lower low and highier low and lower high , what if bought a stock that one think is low but after buying it fall deeper . basically the concept of stock is buy low sell high, but this need year of learning and experience before one can execute a buy low sell high.