Let's Talk About China

Picture from last year's visit to Xian at the site of the Terracotta Army, it was December and very cold. Very touching to be standing in one of the wonders of history.

Imagine you have boiling hot shabu shabu with eat-all-you-can MEAT while sitting in front of a large picture window looking at the snow outside. Pure Heaven.

Edited by rockybrawler
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
We're planning to go to either Shanghai or Beijing mid-november. Ask ko lang, gaano kaya katagal i-process ung Chinese visa sa Manila? Kasi we'll just stay sa Manila for few days e kaya I cannot afford to apply a visa kung it will take more than a week pa.

Normally within 1 week.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi! will be going to xi'an (1 week) and jiayuguan (1 week) this july-august. sa mga nakapunta na, any tips saan magandang mag stay sa xi'an na medyo mura (hostel will be okay)? how about the food? magkano on the average ang gastos per day sa xi'an?also, okay ba yung sleeper trains nila? kasi mag train ako from xi'an to jiayuguan, which takes about 1 day. thanks in advance!

To ALL,

I'll be in china preferably nextweek this month May 2008.

Ask ko lang kung saan pede mamasyal or buy cheap items?

We will be at QingDao, China.

Moreover, sabi nila dun daw gaganapin olympics.

need ur input guys, sayang ung business trip....

tia

• 2 months later...

currently in jiayuguan, china near the gobi desert. panalo! if you want to see the great wall without the crowds...I recommend jiayuguan. it's the western end of the ming great wall. medyo malayo nga lang kasi 20 hours train from xian and flights to the city are not frequent. but totally worth it!

jiayuguan fortress

post-58545-1217255356.jpg

Edited by shadowspy
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

^^ I agree with you bigbadboyph. Shanghai is more cosmopolitan. I love Xintiandi! :) I wana go back there and party! When we went there, mga 2am na, pasara na yung mga bars. LOL.

Sa Beijing, there were two things that stood out sa experience ko - first, of course yung great wall. Second, yung duck sa Quanjude Peking Duck Restaurant! Orgasmic! :lol: Hehehe! A bit pricey pero sulit. I'm still busy with work kaya ndi ko ma-update yung blog ko about my recent trip to China but I wrote about my Great Wall experience. You might want to read it --> http://myunpurethoughts.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-great-wall-of-china-experience.html

:)

If you want nice architecture, go to the French Concession area.

I'm going to Shanghai this long weekend. Last time I was here was Dec 2008. Anything new? Aside from the usual touristy places like the Bund, the Old City, the Expo 2010, any other place anyone can recommend I take a look at? Thanks!

4 trips to China and I still haven't figured it out. This place is so big and it offers everything to anyone. What you are looking for you'll find here. The only problem i had was getting around due to the language problem and most of time. The prettiest girls I saw were in Hangzhou. Hangzhou and Suchow are must visit places. Hangzhou looks like Austria with Chinese architecture. this place is breathtaking. Suchow is the venice of the east. Shanghai is as cosmopolitan as you could get. the Bund comes to mind and the european opart of Shanghai. Don't forget the outlet stores here.

Beijing is beijing. everything about it speaks of power. Must visit places are the forbidden city, temple of heaven, and of course pearl mrket. Be warned haggle at your own risk hahah. haggle up to 70% off. haggle only if you want an item because they will be insulted if you haggle a lot and don't buy. They think its rude and might try to pick a fight with you.

A visit to the great wall is a must. its worth it.

Food here is an adventure. there is so many to choose from. Don't be afraid to try street food. I think our Palate is more familiar with Cantonese Cuisine because I found the food in Beijing weird.