Eraserheads

Calhoun

tama na sir, hehehe.

John Lennon would always stand up for Yoko Ono.

gusto ko talaga mapanood to. pero sana hindi free.

gone are the days na kaya ko pang makipagsikuhan at makipagpalitan ng mukha sa Chuck Taylors. :upside:

i agree to you bro :thumbsupsmiley: . free or not, i'll be there. kita kits bro.

from wiki:

2008 Reunion

It has been confirmed by the members that they will be reuniting, on August 30 2008, Ely said that the reunion will be for a night only.A famous tobacco company is said to be behind the up coming event. Sources says that the band members were paid P10,000,000.00 each for a 45 minute set. Buendia was quoted saying "Im not doing this for the money but for the E-heads fans who remain loyal". They are expecting 35,000 attendees and tickets will be distributed online for free early August 2008. This highly awaited one-night concert is reportedly to be held at CCP open grounds

Woohoo Tuloy ang Reunion tugtog na ng pare ko sa bwat kanto just like my college days!

And kung Marloboro mg sponsor, Even better! Responsible Brand Philip Morris which PROMOTES non smoking for below 18s.

For all adults who wish or does not wish to smoke, its their choice ryt. Im not a smoker, its my choice, dont blame the company which produces quality cigarrettes coz its all about us on what path we choose to go coz the path doesnt force you to take it.

Im just so glad that my favorite local band of all time is reuniting. Woohoo!

Woohoo Tuloy ang Reunion tugtog na ng pare ko sa bwat kanto just like my college days!

And kung Marloboro mg sponsor, Even better! Responsible Brand Philip Morris which PROMOTES non smoking for below 18s.

For all adults who wish or does not wish to smoke, its their choice ryt. Im not a smoker, its my choice, dont blame the company which produces quality cigarrettes coz its all about us on what path we choose to go coz the path doesnt force you to take it.

Im just so glad that my favorite local band of all time is reuniting. Woohoo!

sabi sa isang news parang bawal daw magsponsor nang mga concerts ang mga tobacco company...pero kahit ano pa ang sponsor sana may dvd dahil 100% di ako makakanood

source: pulp magazine issue no. 53

Eheads was an experiment gone bad. It had escaped from the lab and wreaked havoc upon its creators and the unsuspecting townspeople. With this interview, diane and i hope to capture that monster and put it in a cage where it belongs, so that anyone with a curiosity can study it, dissect it or just fed it with peanuts if they wanted.

Me, i”ve already made my mind up about the band.

It was good while it lasted, but now all i can remember vividly is the ugly business that led to the breakup. I just wish those people hadn”t involved Diane and our family. It was really uncalled for.

All of you people be warned: if you ever say something bad about diane again there will be bloodletting.

We dont want to blow it out of proportion, but sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. Still, i dont want to be the one to talk about it because you would have to put me in a straitjacket and censor every word that would come out of my mouth. Diane is a better candidate for telling the story because aside from being there when it happened, she still has the mind to be objective and the bottom line is i trust her. Her opinion is what i value most. This may spark more mudslinging and controversy or it may finally put everything to rest. Either way were glad its finally on print

-Ely Buendia, by email

DIANE:

First let me recount the events of that fateful day when Ely finally decided to quit. It was a Sunday, and we were on our way to my family”s house in B.F. Paranaque when all of a sudden we got a call from roadie Sammy saying that we were already late for a gig. Now the S.O.P. was gigs are supposed to be confirmed at least a day before thru text or handouts. Since neither of this happened, for the record, we were absolutely oblivious of the mall show that day! I mean kaya nga andyan and roadie to make sure that the artist is well informed of all the details of the show.

That was his job.

What we resented the most was that kami yung pinamukha niyang unprofessional.

Sammy claims that he told us about the gig the other night during a bar show. If he did clearly tell us about the mall show one of us would definitely have remembered. Bottom line is even if he did verbally mention the gig to us he still do not follow S.O.P. He could have texted us like he always did before. Syempre nasanay na kami na ganoong systema kahit sa former managers. So who”s unprofessional now? The mall show pushed through, we had to miss our family gathering.

But everybody was already giving Ely the cold shoulder, as if sinadya niyang ma-late.

Never mind that kami ang na-hassle because of Sammys #!&@up. In their eyes, Ely is being a rockstar. The next day Ely decided to take up what he thought was unprofessionalism on th management”s part with the manager himself.

Butch Dans. It turned out that the verdict was already out. Butch didnt even investigate further, he just took his employees word for it. His exact words to Ely were, “its his words against yours”. Apparently

Sammy lost no time defending himself.

Siniraan niya agad si Ely

and would you believe pati ako dinamay!

Insinuating that we were probably too high on drugs that night at that bar to remember anything.

Diyos ko naman may pamilya na kami and nag.aaral pa ako that time. we were raising a kid! Do you think pagaaksayahan namin ng panahon ang drugs! i had cancer, bawal nga sakin kahit yosi o alcohol-#!&@ magda-drugs pa ba ako? Siyempre gusto ko pa makita lumaki anak ko no! Pero according to Butch, the accusation that we were on shabu cam from Mica (then girlfriend, I mean ONE of the girlfriends, of Marcus). First of all i havent even tried the stuff! One more thing, she also claimed na she told me about the mall show kaya impossible daw na hindi namin alam unang.una wala syang sinabi.

Di ko naman sya kinakausap. Ayoko na sanang mag namedrop especially now that tapos na ang lahat pero #!&@ngina,

grabe yung ginawa nya

di man lang niya naisip na we have a name, privacy and family to protect. Parang siya yung my sayad.

To this day ipaglalaban ko ang innocence ko kahit ipa-drug test nyo pako just so you know whos really telling the truth. God!

That girl is such a hypocrite, sana tignan-tignan niya nga yung kasama nya para malaman kung sino talaga ang junkie!

Ely is even more pissed off at her kasi super imbento at pakialamera at pati ako dinamay.

I really dont like trashtalking other people. But this time below the belt na kasi what she did. Im just defending myself and my family. Sa totoo lang we could sue them for slander sa ginawa nilang yan. Why Thirdline (management firm who handles eraserheads during that time) would even listen to just anybody is beyond us.

Anyway back to the story what struck us th most was

the other three (Marcus, Raimund, Buddy) supposedly Ely”s “friends” corroborated Sammy”s incredulous and ludicrous story without even talking to Ely first.

Ok let me put it this way. Kunwari for the sake of argument kung mali man si Ely, hindi ba usually kahit mali yung kaibigan the least a tru friend can do is to give his/her friend the benifit of the doubt? Pero in this case totally walang nangyaring ganun. Ang masakit pa lalo e na wala naman talagang kasalanan si Ely pero they still sided with the management. Nasaan yung camaraderie? Ten years down the drain. Where was the friendship? Then is dawned to us that wala na talaga. Ely was so disgusted by it that he decided to give the other three the dose of their own medicine.

After all nabastos kami by their betrayal,

Ely quit the band just thru text

There was no sense in staying and continuing a band where members stab each other in the back.

It was never like a competition for ely bec. he wanted it to work out. His priority was the whole band not himself. You dont form a band and then go creating rivalries.

Ely”s not like that. After all he chose raimund to be with the band and lingid sa kaalaman ng marami Raimund actually almost got kicked out of the group before they even signed up with BMG records dahil nga he was displaying a selfish attitude.

Strangely everybody did

sense early on that Raimund is treating Ely more like a rival than a bandmate.

Even when performing Raimund always seemed to be either trying to show off or upstage Ely, to detriment of the performance. Ely got turned off by that who wouldnt? Well di ko talaga nakita or kilala ang Eheads until nakilala ko si Ely, noon ko na lang sila napanood talaga at narinig. Kahit di ako fan ng bands at wala ako masyado background sa scene, napuna ko pa rin na parang wala talaga silang chemistry on stage unlike the Mongols parang sa tingin ko mas nag ja-jive talaga personality and musisc-wise.

Tsaka super humble ng members, there really just genuinely happy to be in the band, anyways going back to topic, dahil may pinagsamahan na sila ni Raimund, Ely chose to work it out and still kept him in the band. Bakit pa nagbanda si Ely eh di sana nagsolo na lang siya. He never considered anybody in the band rival. Ely”s a team player. Ang issue lang naman ni Ely kay

Raimund was the manner in which he achieved his personal agendas.

Hindi naman na-badtrip si Ely sa pagbuo ni Raimund ng bagong banda.

He was actually happy for his bandmates newfound success. Kaso never kasi naging open si Raimund about it, not that Ely or the band wanted Raimund to ask permission. He could do anything he wanted. Sana lang nagsabi or nagkwento man lang, hindi yung biglang tahimik tapos magugulat na lang kami na magsusumbong yung staff(ng eheads office) na Raimund, with Karen(ex manager ng Eheads) would use the Eheads office to book his bands gigs.

Nakarating nga sa amin through concerned employee na may times na sinusulot nila what were supposed to be gigs for Eheads.

Bad trip naman yun. tapos may mga shows pa Eheads na bigla na lang ika-cut ni Raimund short para makahabol sa Sandwich gigs. Wala lang finesse.

Again, we dont have a problem with Raimund putting up another band sana lang he was more open and considerate, less sleazy. That”s it lang. Other than that ok naman masaya pa nga kami for him.

Pulp: What do you hope will happen after this comes out?

Diane: The truth is we came out to end this at hindi para mag-umpisa ng away. The whole point of this interview was for us to defend ourselves from all the vicious attacks we”ve received following the Eheads breakup and to finally shed light on what really happened. Its

not a crime to fight back especially when your re#!&@tion is at stake.

Kung kami papipiliin we would still not choose to do this pero they left us with no choice. This is a last ditch attempt to end this controversy and feud. we are ready to make peace anytime basta huwag lang talagang mamersonal. Sana talaga matapos na ito nakakasawa na. To Thirdline(management firm who handles eraserheads prev) jsut please stop attacking our personal lives. Its unfair.

To the ex-bandmates: we wish youd stop being resentful and bitter towards Ely.

He has nothing against you. Wag niyo kalimutan yung pinagsamahan niyo, wag na din sana manumbat, after all all its common knowledge that it could”ve been another John, Mike, Edward or any other man in your places then, and it would have still been the Eraserheads. You are all talented and Ely believed in all of you, that”s why he wanted to share everything with you. Hindi niyo na kami kailangan tapakan to prove your worth.

There are better ways to achieve our goals in life especially with talent like yours.

To the die hard Eheads fans: its not the end of the world, the”re all still alive and you still have CDs to listen to.

Matanda na yung apat pagbigyan niyo na silang gawin ang gusto nilang gawin. If you really love them support their new endeavors. They would appreciate that. You dont need to take any sides. This about great music. Dont be too attached to the image (its just an illusion)

they”re just people like you and everybody else trying to earn a living. Just enjoy the music, whoever it may come from, Sandwich man or Cambio, the Mongols(Pupil) or kahit sino magaling sila lahat, support filipino music, And sa mga tao na sumusuporta pa rin sa lahat

at walang kinikilingan, mabuhay kayo! Thank God na madami paring mga tao na may breeding at matatalino who understand that good music trancends everything including musicians themselves. Habang may natitirang mga ganito may pag.asa pa ang industry. You Rock!

Matanda na yung apat pagbigyan niyo na silang gawin ang gusto nilang gawin. If you really love them support their new endeavors. They would appreciate that. You dont need to take any sides. This about great music. Dont be too attached to the image (its just an illusion)

they”re just people like you and everybody else trying to earn a living. Just enjoy the music, whoever it may come from, Sandwich man or Cambio, the Mongols(Pupil) or kahit sino magaling sila lahat, support filipino music, And sa mga tao na sumusuporta pa rin sa lahat

at walang kinikilingan, mabuhay kayo! Thank God na madami paring mga tao na may breeding at matatalino who understand that good music trancends everything including musicians themselves. Habang may natitirang mga ganito may pag.asa pa ang industry. You Rock!

first off, matanda na rin naman ako kaya hindi mo na ko kailangan pangaralan.

and f#&k that, I can take sides if I freaking want to.

I guess I know them too much to be just another fan drinking the kool-aid.

besides, that's just one side of the story.

and as these things go, the truth usually lies somewhere in between.

do you really want to take that piece hook, line and sinker?

I would certainly hope not.

that girl was bad news (not to mention walang breeding) ever since she got with Ely so it really came as no surprise when she did that Yoko Ono thing.

I'll leave it there, baka pangaralan nanaman ako. :hypocritesmiley:

live and let live na lang tayo mga pare ko, kanya kanyang trip yan kaya wala ng basagan ng trip. sana lang makapwesto ako ng mabuti sa CCP kung makakapunta man ako.

pero parang mas gugustuhin kong pumunta na lang Oktoberfest, at least mahaba-habang musicfest/concert yun kaya "sulit" yung pakikipagsiksikan. mukhang mas "maganda" na lang sanang may bayad yung concert nila para mas maayos yung security at "pili" yung mga audience...

hehehe

that girl was bad news (not to mention walang breeding) ever since she got with Ely so it really came as no surprise when she did that Yoko Ono thing.

huh!? e kasama kaya yun sa article... sino bang nagpapangaral sau?

I think you replied to a part of the "quoted" article (Diana's statement/s) from the Pulp mag and not from lime222 himself

Edited by orionpax
it's not a 45 minute set according to my sources :)

anyone who's gone to any concert knows that bands rarely---if ever---stick to the schedule.

where's the fun in that anyway?

if they go on for a full two or even three hours, hey that would be something.

prior to that, they'll have a front act, maybe even a full roster of young bands who need some floor time and since this is gonna be free you can bet to get promos, promos and even more promos.

yan ang masama...

maaaring 45 mins yung eheads, pero dis oras na ng gabi sila tutugtog!!! kumbaga sa boksing yung undercards napakarami... baka sumingit pa mymp niyan (and, god forbid, mayonnaise!!!)

theyll milk the show for what its worth para maperahan yung mga pupunta... malamang me snack stand na super mahal ang presyo!!!

di na lang kasi paid concert? tapos gawing affordbale, na eheads lang talaga ang kakanta? para maiwasan yung mainip pa yung mga taong andun... baka magkarambulan pa sa tagal ng antayan...

things like that happen!

post-169130-1216577280.jpg

got this for sandwich mailing list,share ko lang:

dear sandwich, cambio and pedicab listers

yes there will be an eraserheads concert

yes im playing drums

it will be on august 30

i havent met the band

and we havent rehearsed as a group

im thinking that will all happen in august

im sure you have read the blogs and newspapers and whatnot.

a lot of things there are not true.

at the moment

the final venue has not been confirmed.

and the promoters are still dealing with the tickets and crowd control

issues.

the promoters promise to answer these questions soon. maybe this

coming week so standby.

there will be no front acts.

it will be a long set.

no theres no talk of an album or tour.

please dont email me privately. ill answer your questions (if theyre

not silly) in the cambio, pedicab sandwich mailing lists.

have a good weekend

rayms marasigan

eto pa isa:

a few thoughts

no i dont miss playing drums. i have a drumkit set up in the house and

i play all the time. i have a lot of drum gear, percussion and drum

machines.

i love playing drums.

i even play percussion in church on sundays when i can.

diego cas and mong have drumkits and we make a lot of noise and jam.

mike d has a vistalite (see thru) vintage kit. really cool and really

loud. we used it in mayrics last week.

i love playing drums for cambio.we played 2 gigs last night.

on occasion im honored to play drums for sugarfree, chicosci,imago,

duster and the dawn.

i get asked this a lot.

im sorry i dont mean to offend but i dont miss the eheads or get senti

about it. it was a college band that turned into something we could

not control. the music lives. but thats just me.

im also a big music fan and i know how it means to other people so

please dont send me hate mail. haha. im really not a bad person. its

just a gig.

yes we all agreed to play 1 gig but were minimizing the drama.

i will give it 110 percent. thats the sandwich way.

if i give any less diego will kick my butt on stage.

drums not drama

rayms

there are some detractors who are sour graping or just plain ranting the comeback (re: other filipino forums) but seriously, these people who said, i quote " maybe they're just doing it for the money not for prosperity". INGGIT LANG KAYO! Some of these ranters are just frustrated wanabees who couldnt get a deal at any independent recording company!

Itsa good thing that the big corporation the only promoter who would not have sponsors steal the scene, has concocted such a ground breaking event,who has the BALLS to have these wonderful talented artists come together.

I'll be there absolutely, with the rest of the diehard fans who lived their teenyears listening to their music.

RED NATION PRESENTS THE ERASERHEADS

WHEN: AUGUSt 30 Saturday.

WHERE: nasa Fort bonifacio grounds na ang venue and the gates will be open at 9:00AM

WHAT TO WEAR: siyempre pula

Supot ang di pumunta..Seriously!

there are some detractors who are sour graping or just plain ranting the comeback (re: other filipino forums) but seriously, these people who said, i quote " maybe they're just doing it for the money not for prosperity". INGGIT LANG KAYO! Some of these ranters are just frustrated wanabees who couldnt get a deal at any independent recording company!

Itsa good thing that the big corporation the only promoter who would not have sponsors steal the scene, has concocted such a ground breaking event,who has the BALLs to have these wonderful talented artists come together.

I'll be there absolutely, with the rest of the diehard fans who lived their teenyears listening to their music. Lets unite and lets just rave because di na mangyayari ito.

RED NATION PRESENTS THE ERASERHEADS

WHEN: AUGUSt 30 Saturday.

WHERE: nasa Fort bonifacio grounds na ang venue and the gates will be open at 9:00AM

WHAT TO WEAR: siyempre pula

Supot ang di pumunta..Seriously! I'm promoting this because..its topsecret

Edited by Tank Girl

^

well, as the Joker said, if you're pretty good at something, don't do it for free.

did they do it for the money?

and assuming they did (and this is ALL BUSINESS), does it change things at all?

for years, we've all been tested as fans in some way, shape or form.

if we can't take little hits like this or are too scared to even hear of it, much more think about it and all we can resort to for a comeback is second-rate name-calling...well, that sure says a lot about our fanhood, doesn't it?

whatever happened to shaking yer head and walking away?

Edited by gift_of_game