Eraserheads

Calhoun

may tickets na daw sya?

haha

ERASERHEADS CONCERT OFFICIALLY CANCELLED!

Aug. 22, 2008 10:12 PM

About 10 minutes ago i got the text i was hoping would never come. The Eheads concert is cancelled.

Because the Department of Health (DOH) refuses to issue a permit, they've been left with no choice but to cancel the concert. We know that they've been having the hardest time to make this happen because of all the laws and what not, and i guess those troubles have gone far enough and to the point that they've just decided to let it go and not have the show instead.

This is a very sad day in Filipino Music. Thousands, perhaps millions of people have been talking about this once in a lifetime experience for nearly a month now, and without anyone being able to confirm anything absolutely solid, the buzz has just gotten louder and louder. I wonder what kind of monstrous noises we'll be hearing now that the concert has been called off? But what a sad day indeed. People from abroad have purchased tickets to come home just for this one reason. T-shirts have been made. Countless playlists on iPods and radio stations have all paid tribute to the Eheads as a result of their One Night Only Reunion..and now its cancelled.

kasalanan ng philip morris phils. yan. they manufacture marlboro. alam naman nila na bawal na sa batas magsponsor ng kahit ano ang cigarette company. but they were claiming they are just organizing, not sponsoring. ogag talaga. dapat pinaubaya nila sa iba. coca-cola has been aggresive these days. o kaya san miguel beer for their 120 days of oktoberfest.

kaya ako, mild seven methol & lights ang yosi ko.

post-120911-1219581840.jpg

Forget What You Heard: The Eraserheads Reunion is Pushing Through!!!

Sunday, 24 August 2008

The rumors flew fast and thick all weekend. The story was that the Eraserheads Reunion was canceled. After all the relentless pressure from the anti-smoking lobby led by Dr. Maricar Limpin and her allies at the Department of Health, Philip Morris did pull out of the show they organized. But on Sunday night, Raymund Marasigan himself made the announcement: The Eraserheads are "most definitely" pushing through with the reunion show. On schedule. At the right venue. On 08.30.2008 at the Fort Bonifacio open field.

Lemme tell ya, what a cliffhanger this has been.

Just last Friday, a frustrated Raymund Marasigan vented out on the Sandwich and Cambio mailing lists that forces he referred to as "dementors" are "in pursuit" and wanted to stop the show. This didn't deter the former Eraserheads, who wanted to push through with the concert at the appointed time and place.

Writing in coded, almost Nostradmus -like language, he wrote that too much time and emotion had been spent on revving up "The Magical Mystery Show" and that it had to go on. Considering all the effort involved in the hatchet burying among the band members, and the anticipation ratcheted up among the eHeads faithful, a cancellation would have been the ultimate letdown.

Here was the e-mail sent last Friday:

to: subsandwich@yahoogroups.com

date: Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 11:39 AM

subject: [subsandwich] the magical mystery show

a few months ago:

you asked me to wake the creature up.

you tried to convince me that it was time.

you said the people needed it.

i said it's not a good idea to wake a sleeping beast.

you don't know what will happen when it rises.

you tried to convince me that it will all be good.

you have everything under control.

we argued til the rooster shook and you had an answer to all my fears.

i still don't share your feelings but i will do it for you my old

friend.but be prepared and beware.

now:

the 4 headed hydra is awake. all is not well. the dementors are in

pursuit. the people are restless.promises have been broken.

i'm kept in the dark, but i warned you.

it is changing peoples lives. it is changing you right at this very

moment. too many people want a piece of it.

lives, work, and feelings had been put on hold for this circus. i have

done my part. you must keep your word and get this thing under

control. keep the dark at bay. take us to the promised land on the

time that was appointed and give the people what they want.

By Saturday, a brief story went out that the show was canceled, and by evening, it was quoted and re-quoted and it was all over the blogosphere.

I was curious, so I texted a friend of mine close to the eHeads inner circle, just to see if it was all true. I wasn't expecting quite a fast reply, but I got one.

"No confirmation yet. They will tell boys final decision on last rehearsal"

Then just a few scant minutes later came a follow-up SMS:

"Update: Looks like it's pushing through. Different producer. No details."

Sure enough, on Sunday night came the announcement, straight from the drummer's mouth:

date: Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 8:37 PM

subject: [subsandwich] eraserheads aug 30 08 confirmed

dear everybody

after much ado. the eraserheads concert is most definitely pushing through.

philip morris and its brands have pulled out from the concert. but another company is taking over the production. the turn over started

yesterday and they have already started work on the site in the fort. so you can check.

there are good news and bad news.

unfortunately it's no longer free. all the long winded registration procedures in the red nation site is now void.

the good news is that the age limit is now 12 years old (for safety reasons) and tickets will be sold so you don't have to wait for confirmation and what not.

the official announcement and ticketing details will come out in major newspapers and on the radio on tuesday.

these are the only details i know for now so no need to email me. i'm just the drummer.

btw. i just got home from the last rehearsal. the band is cooking. we will see you all on the 30th.

raym<s>

And so it goes. After all the drums, and after all the drama, the Eraserheads reunion is pushing through. "Most definitely."

And now a summary, for some of our readers who still need things spelled out for them:

What: The Eraserheads Reunion Concert

Where: The Fort Bonifacio open field, Fort Bonifacio Global City, Taguig

When: August 30, 2008

How: For ticket details, watch out for the details on Tuesday August 26, 2008. This will be published in all the papers. And plugged on the radio. And of course, the Internet, the standard bearer for all the news nowadays, both the good and bad.

Wtf: So what about that Marlboro website... ? Fuhggetabout it. Please re-read "how".

As for the whole drama involving the dastardly dementors - and you know who you all are - that is certainly a tale worth re-telling, and re-tell it we shall.

Edited by the_mack
Fans of the Eraserheads were alarmed over the weekend when the rumor spread that the much anticipated one-night reunion gig of the legendary Filipino band will not materialize on August 30 due to Philip Morris' failure to secure a permit from the authorities.

Since news of its involvement surfaced, the tobacco company has been caught in bitter word war with the Department of Health (DOH) and other health-advocacy groups. The DOH cited Republic Act No. 9211 as basis for threatening to take legal action against Philip Morris should the company continue to sponsor the event.

"If we are able to show and prove that this concert is actually sponsored by you, by Philip Morris, then we will truly train our guns on you for clearly violating the law," Health Undersecretary Alexander Padilla warned Philip Morris in a press conference a couple of weeks back.

RA 9211, also known as the Tobacco Regulation Act of 2003, strictly prohibits tobacco companies from sponsoring any sports, cultural, and artistic events of individual or team athletes, artists and performers.

"Masakit na ang ulo ng organizer," lamented a PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal) source two weeks ago. Our mole, who has access inside the tobacco firm, was obviously pertaining to all the legal questions being raised against the company.

Philip Morris's flagship cigarette brand, Marlboro, was the mastermind behind the big event and fans were simply instructed to register online to gain instant access to the concert without the need to shell out cash. Legal impediments, however, prohibited the giant tobacco company from orchestrating its plan. In the end, the firm was left with no choice but to seek another party willing to save the project.

ALL SYSTEMS GO. Eraserheads drummer Raimund Marasigan assured the public that the concert will definitely push through this coming August 30 as Philip Morris successfully handed down the project to another company during the weekend. The team assigned to oversee the entire production has reportedly started working overtime in preparation for Saturday's event.

The change of sponsor consequently altered the original plan as envisioned by Philip Morris. If the concert was initially designed to be free of charge and strictly for adults only, the new setup now requires the public to purchase tickets to gain admission inside the open-air venue at The Fort, Taguig City.

According also to Marasigan, details about the concert will be announced tomorrow, August 26, through various media outlets, like radio and newspapers.

The hasty arrangement understandably worried some fans, particularly when it comes to security issues.

"This is a big event and parang nakakatakot lang dahil mukhang minadali lahat. Sana naman huwag maging magulo kasi for sure marami talagang manonood," remarked a loyal fan to PEP upon learning of the new arrangement.

Some individuals, on the other hand, favored the traditional method of ticket selling instead of online registration since Philip Morris, they alleged, provided little information to the public on how to gain admission and in the process only caused confusion among the fans.

They also cited that selling tickets is more appropriate and fair since the majority won't have to adhere to the age-restriction policy, previously intended to please the supposed adult market of cigarette manufacturers.

"Mas okay na ‘yong ganito kesa naman doon sa magre-register ka pa. Malabo naman din kasi ‘yong unang system considering ‘yong magnitude nung event. At least ngayon, malinaw na kung saan and paano makakakuha ng ticket and mas sigurado na maraming makakapanood," reasoned Mark, a fan of the Eraserheads since the band arrived commercially in 1993.

As for the ticket prices, PEP received a report earlier today that general admission tickets will be sold at P1,500.

hah!

say what you want dude pero meron talaga.

my kuya's been friends with raims for the longest time so we'll get our tix and backstage passes.

mangisay ka nalang sa inggit!!!

:P :P :P :P :P :P

Hahahahahah! Dream on dude! Talagang mangingisay ako sa inggit! friend pala ni kuya mo si raims eh, heheheheh! Eh ako friend ko si Marcus eh. :upside:

Sabi mo meron ka nang tickets, and then "we'll get our tix and backstage passes", heheheh! dont count the chicks yet...

I can afford to buy, by the way...