What Fuel Do You Use For Your Vehicle?

Actually if you really want to get the best deal for your money for fuel, there's this two gas station along Shaw, petron and Shell who's price is a bit lower compared to other stations around the metro. Kaya minsan pag napadaan ako dito i get a full tank kasi cheaper siya talaga, i don't know what's the reason baka merong may alam sa inyo do tell... Mind boggling.

Hi David,

I'm quite perplexed myself about why some gas stations can lower their pump prices. Just my 2 cents' worth, perhaps the reason may be two-fold. First, these gas stations may be operating at lower-than-average overhead. Reasons for tis may be that they don't pay for the rent, city taxes are lower, or they have a lower payroll (by cutting down staff or paying lower wages for the gas boys, staff, etc.) Second reason may be the fuel itself from the supplier is priced lower. I remember passing by a Caltex station beside its refinery in Batangas. I forgot the price but I distinctly remember that it was significantly lower than prices in Manila. I assumed that the price difference is due to the nearness of the station to the supply depot, eliminating the need for long truck voyages and its accompanying cost. I also heard somewhere (though not confirmed) that the supplier gives hefty discounts to high-performing gas stations (those with high sales volume). These gas stations, in turn pass to us consumers the discount by way of outright lower fuel pump prices, or in my experience, discount cards or coupons to loyal customers.

Oh, just to be on-topic, I use Shell Super Premium. I used to go with Velocity but the high price stings the wallet so much. I tried super unleaded but I wasn't satisfied with the performance. So para sa akin, ok na ang premium. :)

Don't know if this info was posted already, just want to share my fuel saving style.

Whenever going out of town or on a long trip sa highway, gas up with high octane fuel

like v-power or xcs, or any reputable gas with 95 and above octane rating.

kasi high octane gas burns fast and clean kaya ang effect more distance travelled sa highway,

just go easy on the pedal once in a while and let your car slide for a moment.

city driving, 1st choice petron extra unleaded, 2nd choice shell super unleaded.

imo.

Hi David,

I'm quite perplexed myself about why some gas stations can lower their pump prices. Just my 2 cents' worth, perhaps the reason may be two-fold. First, these gas stations may be operating at lower-than-average overhead. Reasons for tis may be that they don't pay for the rent, city taxes are lower, or they have a lower payroll (by cutting down staff or paying lower wages for the gas boys, staff, etc.) Second reason may be the fuel itself from the supplier is priced lower. I remember passing by a Caltex station beside its refinery in Batangas. I forgot the price but I distinctly remember that it was significantly lower than prices in Manila. I assumed that the price difference is due to the nearness of the station to the supply depot, eliminating the need for long truck voyages and its accompanying cost. I also heard somewhere (though not confirmed) that the supplier gives hefty discounts to high-performing gas stations (those with high sales volume). These gas stations, in turn pass to us consumers the discount by way of outright lower fuel pump prices, or in my experience, discount cards or coupons to loyal customers.

Oh, just to be on-topic, I use Shell Super Premium. I used to go with Velocity but the high price stings the wallet so much. I tried super unleaded but I wasn't satisfied with the performance. So para sa akin, ok na ang premium. :)

gas station pump prices do differ. this is because oil companies gives subsidies to said stations. but the dealer also has participation in the said subsidy. for example: for every 1 peso taken off the pump price, the dealer shoulders .20cents of the discount, the rest is shoudered by the oil company.

para d ot, petron xcs ang gamit ko.

For my C36 only Petron BLAZE (RON 96) will do because of the car's minimum requirement (RON 98) then I add 2 bottles of Octane Booster per tankful

For my Jap cars Petron XCS or Shell unleaded

I mostly choose the newest gas station around because their tanks will be newer and hopefully there are less contaminants swirling down there with the fuel