Digital Cameras

i was out last night to look for a good camera bag for my d40x, i scanned out several stores in greenhills and settled for a 4 million dollar home (crumpler). very stylish, fits perfect with my camera, an extra lens, and basic accessories. moreover satisfied with what i bought. cost - 2,850.

nice bag. congrats on the purchase :thumbsupsmiley: .

at which store did you get the bag? infomaxx?

mga kamyembro.. puro nikon pinaguusapan ah.. singit ko lng eos400d ano pwd nyo mairecommend na lens? baguhan palang ako gumamit e baka may mga tips kayo

salamat na ng marami :D

depende kasi kung saan mo gagamitin yan eh...kung pang all-around use, yung mga medium zooms ang ok.

Some people go for the Canon EF 28-105 IS or EF-S 17-85 IS. Personally, I prefer lenses with wider apertures, so i'd recommend either the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 xrdi or Tamron 17-50 f/2.8. Tried using a Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 but that was too heavy for a 400d. The Tamron is smaller and lighter, suits the 400d better. just be sure to test the lens first before buying! Tamron and Sigma are notorious for bad quality control.

Hi guys,

my gf's sister wants to get a camera.. kaso problem is 6k lang ang budget niya.. ano bang digicam puwede mabili sa 6k ang price, yung medyo ok ok na rin... would appreciate your assistance. thanks

If you have relatives in the states then order one online at Amazon then ask them to ship it here (22 usd lang). Canon powershot 570IS is only usd 150. Wala pa 6 thou in terms of pesos. Warning lang because wala yun warranty so pag nasira ay mapapagastos ka.

If you have relatives in the states then order one online at Amazon then ask them to ship it here (22 usd lang). Canon powershot 570IS is only usd 150. Wala pa 6 thou in terms of pesos. Warning lang because wala yun warranty so pag nasira ay mapapagastos ka.

naku.. un lang..wala kami relatives sa US...pero nakita ko nga yung sa Amazon, mura nga lang digicam nila, kaso mukhang hindi sila nag ship directly sa Ph kapag mga digicams.. selected products lang ang puwede ship sa Ph

btw guys, mura pala talaga sa Hidalgo, my Gf's sister decided to increase her budget, we bought a digicam, Ixus 70, P10,500 sa Henry's, store warranty nga lang.. no Free SD card, no camera case. pero ok na rin siya, kasi price niya sa Mall nung check namin mga nasa 17K+

Just got my d40x and 18-200mm VR from INFOMAX in megamall. I did not even touch the items until I got home. Did some test shots this morning and saw some blotches on the pics. called the owner who happens to be a an MTC member and said they will replace whatever is not working properly.

Masarap talaga maging MTC member, dami mo makikilala. :-)

alam mo good experience din ako sa INFOMAX...

good customer service,

mahal ba kuha mo dito Biz?

advice lang folks,

DO NOT BUY PENTAX

very very bad customer service, and they do NOT respect international warranties,

just stick to known brands like NIKON and CANON

although I hear FUJIFILM is a very good brand for DSLR ha, not sure lang

again though, do NOT BUY PENTAX

guys,

may idea ba kayo sa prices of the following?

Nikon D80

Canon EOS 40D

Canon EOS 400D

Canon EOS 5D

thanks!

Hidalgo prices:

40D - 56 to 60K (depends if you want body lang or with kit lens)

400D - 32 to 34K

5D - 105K (although heard some rumours na 95K na lang since last few stocks na, don't know because i can't verify)

Let me get this right…

You want a dSLR.

You want a nice dSLR.

You are a rookie, meaning this is the first time you will be using one. So hindi kapa masaydo marunong ng photography.

Pang hobby hobby lang kamo so you need it to take pictures of your family and the family pets?

You want to know how much this will cost you and the best place to buy it?

My advice to you:

Do not be brand conscious. At your skill level, whether you shoot with a Digital Leica R system or a budget price Japan made camera you won't be able to tell the difference and neither will anyone else. Go around the malls, choose the cheapest kit dSLR and buy that. Keep it for two to three years and when you think your skills have improved, that is the time to consider going upmarket.

This is not a put down. This is practical advice. Do not get caught into the marketing hype or brand image of the better known brands. The world is full of talented photographers who produce good photos using plastic cameras that are made in China. And it is also full of rich boys with the most expensive systems who could not compose a decent picture even if you drewa rectangle around the scene they should shoot.

For every hot air filled prosumer camera owners out there there are more point and shoot camera owners who can take and compose better pictures who know how to not rely on electronics.

A very sound advise indeed Boomouse...

I'm also a passionate diver so I wanted a camera to take UW pictures with. I already have a DSLR (a 5yr old clunker FUJI S2) but don't want to risk flooding it (sentimental reasons :D) or have the cash to buy a very expensive DSLR housing ( DSLR Underwater housings are easily >1KUS). So I just bought me a PnS together with a U/W housing. A Nikon Coolpix P5100 "Made in China" :D . ~15-16KPesos (Definitely not a bank breaker) This Digi-cam allows Manual controls (Aperture, Shutter, ISO, Exposure Value, White Balance, ... etc). I Got pretty nice pictures comparable if not better than DSLR taken shots.

Nothing beats a solid foundation and understanding of what is needed to produce a good image. I'm a long ways form being a pro nor say that am exceptionally skilled ... I just know the basics and try to use them whenever I can even with a PnS digi-cam.

Here's a sample of a PnS photo taken 3rd week of Dec 07 on a dive in Puerto Galera:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z215/Krimson07/UnderwaterPics/Puerto%20Galera%20Diving/LionFish.jpg

More are in the Shutterbugs thread for those who would like to contibutes pics as well :) Cheers!

Edited by fire_breather
i just called Mayer's. nag-order ako ng Nikon D40 cam w lens kit. may kasamang 1GB na card and bag. 23K siya with one year warranty sa Columbia. Best thing about it is they really deliver the camera to your house. COD payment :)

dude.. do they have a website where i can check the list of DSLRs they are offering; if so, could you possibly give it to me or post it here? i'm interested in buying a DSLR also.. teynks!