What I find ironic is that decent law-abiding citizens may be prevented from leaving the Philippines at the discretion of Philippine Immigration authorities. And yet they allow high profile senators to leave the country even if they are accused of a crime which carries with it a life-time prison sentence.

There's something wrong here. What right do Immigration authorities have to deny a Filipino citizen from leaving the country? The last I heard, this is a free nation, not a dictatorship.

Somebody should challenge this unjust ruling.

I've always thought of having different rates/charges in our hotels/beautiful beaches/resorts for locals and foreigners.

naisip ko kasi, kawawa naman yung regular pinoy, hindi ma-afford ang palawan or boracay, kasi mabigat na sa bulsa nila pamasahe pa lang,

samantalang ang mga banyaga, ayun, ligayang-ligayang mag-sun bathe dahil BARYA lang sa kanila ang pambayad sa mga magagandang beach natin.

sana may congressman or senator na makaisip din nito.

I've always thought of having different rates/charges in our hotels/beautiful beaches/resorts for locals and foreigners.

naisip ko kasi, kawawa naman yung regular pinoy, hindi ma-afford ang palawan or boracay, kasi mabigat na sa bulsa nila pamasahe pa lang,

samantalang ang mga banyaga, ayun, ligayang-ligayang mag-sun bathe dahil BARYA lang sa kanila ang pambayad sa mga magagandang beach natin.

sana may congressman or senator na makaisip din nito.

This is also being practiced in other countries. What our tour guide does, is he purchases the tickets to an exhibit/museum/attraction/etc. Since he's a local, he gets the local rate. We are hence charged the local rate even if we are foreigners.

I imagine the same thing goes on over here. The Filipino guide will purchase the tickets/vouchers telling the ticket office that he has a bunch of local tourists with him. Actually he's buying the tickets on behalf of some foreigners.

Pleas of "not guilty" will be given a more severe sentence in the event the person is convicted of the crime he is charged with. So before entering a plea of "not guilty", the accused should consider coming clean and admit guilt in the hope for a reduced sentence rather than take his chance with a "not guilty" plea.

Enact a law requiring people living in the provinces to show cause why they need to come to Metro Manila (eg. employment contract, marriage contract, hospital certification, etc. ) Without a valid reason to visit Metro Manila, people living in the provinces should be barred from coming to Metro Manila.

This law was enacted in Switzerland and China. It is designed to de-congest the metropolis.

Ewan ko lang kung dito ito nababagay

Pwede bang irequire naman sana natin lahat ng MMDA enforcers maging college grad man lang? Papano igagalang ng mga motorista ang mga yan, eh kapang NagEnglish na sa kanila taranta na. Isa pa, karamihan sa mga ito ni wala namang professional drivers license kaya hindi naman nila naiintindihan minsan na sila pa itong nakakaperwisyo sa motorista. Manghuhuli ng Jeep, minsan di pa muna patatabihin para di maabala yung nasa likod.

Ewan ko lang kung dito ito nababagay

Pwede bang irequire naman sana natin lahat ng MMDA enforcers maging college grad man lang? Papano igagalang ng mga motorista ang mga yan, eh kapang NagEnglish na sa kanila taranta na. Isa pa, karamihan sa mga ito ni wala namang professional drivers license kaya hindi naman nila naiintindihan minsan na sila pa itong nakakaperwisyo sa motorista. Manghuhuli ng Jeep, minsan di pa muna patatabihin para di maabala yung nasa likod.

The difficulty here is that college graduates may not want to apply for an MMDA position. A job as an MMDA enforcer doesn't pay much. The reason people go to college is to become eligible for higher paying jobs.

But it might be a good idea to require MMDA enforcers to undergo seminars on traffic management as well as English courses so they will be intimidated by English-speaking motorists.

The difficulty here is that college graduates may not want to apply for an MMDA position. A job as an MMDA enforcer doesn't pay much. The reason people go to college is to become eligible for higher paying jobs.

But it might be a good idea to require MMDA enforcers to undergo seminars on traffic management as well as English courses so they will be intimidated by English-speaking motorists.

Sabagay parekoy, mahirap din kasi sweldo sa gobyerno. Pag bagong pasok ka minsan buwan inaabot bago ka sumahod.

Sakin kasi, parang hindi professional tignan karamihan sa mga MMDA enforcers natin. Mukha ngang yung iba ni di marunong magmaneho sa traffic. Ang dami pang mahilig sa tong. Kaya papano naman sila igagalang ng mga motorista lalo kung de kwarto pa yung sasakyan

A law making professional squatting a criminal offense.

Asa ka pa!

May dahilan kung bakit ginawa yung Lina Law

May dahilan kung bakit ginawang civil offense na lang at hindi Criminal offense ang squatting

Yun ay dahil botante sila. Sino namang congressman o senador magpapasa nyan? Eh karamihan sa kanila umaasa sa boto ng mga squatter?

I think a no-fault divorce law would be a fair proposition. In Australia, as long as both spouses agree and have been separated for at least a year then the filing and granting of divorce is fairly straightforward. The question of children and assets is treated as a separate matter.

Asa ka pa!

May dahilan kung bakit ginawa yung Lina Law

May dahilan kung bakit ginawang civil offense na lang at hindi Criminal offense ang squatting

Yun ay dahil botante sila. Sino namang congressman o senador magpapasa nyan? Eh karamihan sa kanila umaasa sa boto ng mga squatter?

Yeah pero possible na pagkatapos ng termino nila bilang senador, ang mga ari arian naman nila ang targetin ng mga squatters. Senator Villar, for instance, own vast tracts of lands which squatters may infiltrate when he's no longer senator. He and other lawmakers should look to the long term, not just short term. Because it will be their descendants who will have to deal with squatters if they do not act now.

I think a no-fault divorce law would be a fair proposition. In Australia, as long as both spouses agree and have been separated for at least a year then the filing and granting of divorce is fairly straightforward. The question of children and assets is treated as a separate matter.

A politician who proposes such a law will have to deal with opposition from the Catholic Church in the Philippines. The Catholic Church frowns on divorce, artificial contraception, pre-marital sex, etc. I just wish the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) would be just as indignant with politicians who steal from public coffers.

Death Penalty for corrupt officials.

Appropriate Educational Qualification for candidates running for election.

Voters should be at least 2nd year college level and ages between 20 years to 65 years old.

Change the form of government and abolish the Senate and Congress.

Of the 4 proposals, I like numbers 1 and 4.

Yeah pero possible na pagkatapos ng termino nila bilang senador, ang mga ari arian naman nila ang targetin ng mga squatters. Senator Villar, for instance, own vast tracts of lands which squatters may infiltrate when he's no longer senator. He and other lawmakers should look to the long term, not just short term. Because it will be their descendants who will have to deal with squatters if they do not act now.

They are thinking long term, kasi pag natapos na termino nila, eh di yung asawa naman o kaya yung anak naman. Keeping those squatters around will be more beneficial for them in the long run. Magkano lang ba yung lupang di nila mapakinabangan, kumpara sa mga kontrata sa gobyerno na pwede nila kubrahin. Bukod pa dun, may parliamentary immunity pa sila.

But I agree, squatting Indeed should be a criminal offense

Illegal possession of firearms should still be enforced. However, I think the prison term of 21 years (as far as I know) is too long.

A prison term of 6 months to 1 year for mere possession of an unlicensed firearm is more reasonable. But if the firearm is used in the commission of a crime, then this penalty won't apply. The much heavier penalties of armed robbery/robbery with attempted homicide/robbery with homicide/murder/murder for hire, etc. will apply instead.

Perhaps we already have enough laws, or maybe too many laws, even.

Perhaps proposing one more law is counterproductive; perhaps merely enforcing the existing is enough.

But what am I, a poor taxpayer, to know about the majesty of them f8cking laws? Except the bare fact that them f8cking laws, and them f8cking lawyers, every last one of them, have so far failed to lift pinas from poverty? I mean, that's all I f8cking see and know.

So ok, fine, let's propose one more law:

That Congress should be 25% STEMM (Science, technology, engineering, math, medicine) background. To reduce crazy laws and them crazier lawyers, who try to actually contravene science; such mongoloid monstrosities (apologies for insulting mongoloids). I hear the electricity debates and my goodness I want to weep.

LC

Perhaps we already have enough laws, or maybe too many laws, even.

Perhaps proposing one more law is counterproductive; perhaps merely enforcing the existing is enough.

But what am I, a poor taxpayer, to know about the majesty of them f8cking laws? Except the bare fact that them f8cking laws, and them f8cking lawyers, every last one of them, have so far failed to lift pinas from poverty? I mean, that's all I f8cking see and know.

So ok, fine, let's propose one more law:

That Congress should be 25% STEMM (Science, technology, engineering, math, medicine) background. To reduce crazy laws and them crazier lawyers, who try to actually contravene science; such mongoloid monstrosities (apologies for insulting mongoloids). I hear the electricity debates and my goodness I want to weep.

LC

You're absolutely right. Too many laws, too little enforcement of these laws. We spend so much propping up senators and congressmen who waste our money when they're not outright stealing it.

A politician who proposes such a law will have to deal with opposition from the Catholic Church in the Philippines. The Catholic Church frowns on divorce, artificial contraception, pre-marital sex, etc. I just wish the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) would be just as indignant with politicians who steal from public coffers.

I was just covering the legal aspect of divorce (civil law) and not the religious aspect (Roman Catholic in the case you mention).

A law requiring travel agencies to present NBI clearances before being allowed to rent office space. A fly-by-night travel agency was featured in the news last night which victimized hapless travelers. The owner of the agency has already reportedly fled the country.