Leaning on Death's Door

• 1 month later...

Write your way of thinking in an AI program if you want to share it to the world, otherwise just write stuff in a memoir for your family/friends.

Just like Apple CEO, he has a book about himself. But he's more significant to humanity so his book is available to everyone unlike us normal ordinary people.

Or make sure you preserve your sperm/egg if you don't have any offspring to continue your gene pool. If you have kids, then your biological imprint will continue on.

And also donate my organs to someone who could use it unless my organs are useless due to disease/age/other reasons.

Edited by friendly0603
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm not afraid of dying. It's the HOW that I have qualms about. I won't mind dying in a plane crash or from a grenade blast, my body shattering to pieces before I get an inkling of the end, but drowning? buried alive? cancer eroding my humanness? AYOKO!!!

Or how about burning alive? Or freezing to death? Or dying of hunger? These are awful ways to die. Being buried alive makes me cringe.

Yes there's really nothing like a quick death. The best is dying in your sleep. What better way of dying than that?

• Like (+1) 1
  • 4 months later...

Or how about burning alive? Or freezing to death? Or dying of hunger? These are awful ways to die. Being buried alive makes me cringe.

Yes there's really nothing like a quick death. The best is dying in your sleep. What better way of dying than that?

It's not just HOW one will die, but ultimately it is the circumstances of one's death.

A quick death is indeed desirable, but what if you die of a gunshot wound to the head from a stray bullet on new year's day? Is that way we would wish to leave this life?

Dying in our sleep is also desirable, but then I remember a quote from a Magic: The Gathering card: "Far too many soldiers have died in their beds." This seems to allude that there are many who die for nothing. Soldiers, like the warriors of old, were born to fight for a cause and to die in battle. There was no greater honor for a warrior, and to die an old man helpless in one's bed was such a shame. Though I too want to die peacefully in my sleep as an old man who has lived a full life, I do not discount those who want to depart from this life fighting out there for a cause which they believe in. For while they may suffer a violent death, it is a glorious one nonetheless.

But on this topic, the words of Tyrion Lannister are the best:

Shagga: How would you like to die, Tyrion, son of Tywin?

Tyrion Lannister: In my own bed, at the age of 80, with a belly full of wine and a girl's mouth around my cock. laugh.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

no. several times i've looked at death right in the eye, during those moments i really thought i had to go.

i am not committing hubris nor saying that i laugh right in the face of death; rather my perception changed in the sense that death is indeed an inimitable part of life, something to be accepted instead of feared.

pain is more fearsome than death.

...true. i want my death to be painless...

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Life on Earth is just a phase for testing. It is mortal and biological. It is fleeting due to age. Those who hurdle the tests will gain eternal life.

Jesus declared that men would be like angels in the after life. No need for neither nourishment or sleep. Thus maybe this life of ours here on Earth works like a pod that got to die so life can transform into something more permanent and eternal.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Mula nung bata pa ako takot na ako sa pagkamatay... isipin mo lang na ililibing ka tapos yung finality nun.... mas marealize mo yung mortality mo when your friends and peers start to fall one at a time... I am 36... pero parang andami na nawala.... medyo na accept ko na wala ka nang magagawa tungkol dun at dapat imaximize mo na lang yung natitira mo dito sa mundo... no regrets...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...