Leaning on Death's Door

in my humble opinion and personal view, i am afraid to die, because at this point in my life, i can consider my self i the prime of my life, so dying is not yet in my thoughts.

I don't know what will happen after a few years, i guess my point of view will change and hope to stare death in the face.

Edited by mahabangpasensya

di ako takot mamatay kasi alam kong mabubuhay pa rin naman ako sa iba pang henerasyon eh at dapat nating tanggapin ang katotohanag ipinahiram lang sa atin ang buhay na to dapat pa rin tayong magpasalamat sa kanya dahil naranasan natin kung gaano kasarap mabuhay sa mundo at ma swerte pa rin tayo dahil mas mahaba ang naging buhay natin kesa sa mga animals... di ba tama naman ako.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's why I travel light... the final destination allows no check-in or handheld baggage.

Many times, it's not death that people fear.

For some, tis the prospect of accounting for things done on earth. I believe sin brings with itself the punishment. For those who were deprived of rewards & just desserts in this life, it awaits us in the next.

For others, tis the separation from beloved people & things in this life. I believe there's something better awaiting all who cross into the pearly gates.

When we are born, we cry while others laugh.

When we die, others cry. I hope by then that it's my turn to laugh.

I'd hate it if people play "Oh, My Papa!" I'm not a biological dad in the 1st place. I'd like them to play happy music ranging from Beethoven's 9th to the Soundtack of Dirty Dancing. Alas, it won't be my choice for sure but the thought of my funeral tickles me.

• 2 weeks later...

gamitin ko ung sinabi sa isang scene sa movie na Patch Adams...

Hunter Patch Adams: Death. To die. To expire. To pass on. To perish. To peg out. To push up daisies. To push up posies. To become extinct. Curtains, deceased, Demised, departed And defunct. Dead as a doornail. Dead as a herring. Dead as a mutton. Dead as nits. The last breath. Paying a debt to nature. The big sleep. God's way of saying, "Slow down."

Bill Davis: To check out.

Hunter Patch Adams: To shuffle off this mortal coil.

Bill Davis: To head for the happy hunting ground.

Hunter Patch Adams: To blink for an exceptionally long period of time.

Bill Davis: To find oneself without breath.

Hunter Patch Adams: To be the incredible decaying man.

Bill Davis: Worm buffet.

Hunter Patch Adams: Kick the bucket.

Bill Davis: Buy the farm.

Hunter Patch Adams: Take the cab.

Bill Davis: Cash in your chips.

eto pa isa...

Hunter Patch Adams: What's wrong with death sir? What are we so mortally afraid of? Why can't we treat death with a certain amount of humanity and dignity, and decency, and God forbid, maybe even humor. Death is not the enemy gentlemen.

Nope, i mean dying is a part of every man's life. Is a cycle that we cannot escape. I think the reason why most of us are afraid to die is because were un prepared. Fact is, no one really knows when one will die, we cannot be prepared always.

• 1 month later...

I'm not afraid of my own death (as long as it's a painless journey). I am however, afraid of disappointing/hurting those that I will leave behind. Kaya siguro when I die, I would want minimal fuzz over my funeral/wake. I'd rather be cremated asap and let people get on with their lives.

• 3 weeks later...