What Women Want?

Healthy boundaries. A lot of men don't know how to give space to their significant other. Oftentimes we would like to go shopping on our own, drive on our own to some destination, quiet time at home - reading or watching our favorite show. Secondly, our privacy - you don't need to know everything about us as a person, you don't need to know our deepest secrets - this is not a violation of trust, its just how we are built. 

On 5/25/2023 at 1:10 AM, Shinju said:

I maybe a strong woman who can handle things on her own. Eat alone, sleep alone. But inside, that's not what I want.

I crave a man who is stronger than me. A man that will make me feel emotionally safe, valued and protected. Understand my craziness, love my wildness, not try and tame it. Respect me enough to make decisions with me, not without me. Talking to me, not ghosting me when my insecurities flared up. And most importantly, not give me a cold shoulder and answers when I ask whats wrong.

I know I can take care of myself but I want someone to come home too. To team up and build with. To be weird and laugh with in our home.

But it seems too much to ask. 😢

Pede nman to ask. Miron guys tulad describe mo out there. Conti lang, pero miron. Sad part eh karaniwan girl di gusto sa ganitong guy.

6 hours ago, Miss Zelda said:

Healthy boundaries. A lot of men don't know how to give space to their significant other. Oftentimes we would like to go shopping on our own, drive on our own to some destination, quiet time at home - reading or watching our favorite show. Secondly, our privacy - you don't need to know everything about us as a person, you don't need to know our deepest secrets - this is not a violation of trust, its just how we are built. 

Naku.  Yan na naman tayo sa "boundaries"  😅😅

• Like (+1) 1
7 hours ago, Miss Zelda said:

My 2 cents.

I think these things should be communicated properly to each other. Boundaries and how much you tell each other are two very important aspects that can make or break a relationship. Personally, I would talk about this before even getting into one or at the very least, early on in the relationship kse mahirap kung magkaiba kayo ng gusto pagdating dito.

In my experience, since clingy ako, gusto ko noon palagi kaming mgka usap ng jowa ko kht hnd kme magkasama physically. Shes not the type nmn who demands boundaries or time away from me pero shes significantly busier than me so she cant always reply immediately. Sa intimacy nmn, I wanted to know everything about her. I guess for me, I just want her to know that I accept her wholeheartedly and I didnt want her to feel that there are things she cant tell me or talk to me about. Pero syempre, I wont force her to tell me things that shes not willing to share.

I think eventually we learned how to manage these things and handled things better but only through proper communication. And as always, being in a relationship requires a certain level of maturity in a person.

• Like (+1) 1
9 minutes ago, SDMNXIX said:

My 2 cents.

I think these things should be communicated properly to each other. Boundaries and how much you tell each other are two very important aspects that can make or break a relationship. Personally, I would talk about this before even getting into one or at the very least, early on in the relationship kse mahirap kung magkaiba kayo ng gusto pagdating dito.

In my experience, since clingy ako, gusto ko noon palagi kaming mgka usap ng jowa ko kht hnd kme magkasama physically. Shes not the type nmn who demands boundaries or time away from me pero shes significantly busier than me so she cant always reply immediately. Sa intimacy nmn, I wanted to know everything about her. I guess for me, I just want her to know that I accept her wholeheartedly and I didnt want her to feel that there are things she cant tell me or talk to me about. Pero syempre, I wont force her to tell me things that shes not willing to share.

I think eventually we learned how to manage these things and handled things better but only through proper communication. And as always, being in a relationship requires a certain level of maturity in a person.

Thank you for your insight. I wish that some folks would just put down their phones and actually talk to each other with their intentions on the table. The reason I say this is that, for example ,you and I, would definitely wouldn’t want to waste each other’s time. Relationships are complicated and most often people are no longer together is because of expectations. Proper communication with known intentions leads to good boundaries and a healthy relationship.

Edited by Miss Zelda
16 minutes ago, Miss Zelda said:

Thank you for your insight. I wish that some folks would just put down their phones and actually talk to each other with their intentions on the table. The reason I say this is that, for example ,you and I, would definitely wouldn’t want to waste each other’s time. Relationships are complicated and most often people are no longer together is because of expectations. Proper communication with known intentions leads to good boundaries and a healthy relationship.

Hindi rin common sa mga Pilipinong lalake ung marunong makinig at makipag usap ng maayos sa mga gf or asawa nila lalo ung older generation. I'm sure may mga babaeng ganun din pero mas mataas tendency ng lalake sa ganun kse hindi daw macho ung magsalita about their feelings or feelings in general..

Kaya kung may anak kayong lalake, wag puro IQ nya problemahin. Mas maraming matutulong later in life kung mataas EQ, proven by psychology yan.

• Like (+1) 1
15 minutes ago, SDMNXIX said:

Hindi rin common sa mga Pilipinong lalake ung marunong makinig at makipag usap ng maayos sa mga gf or asawa nila lalo ung older generation. I'm sure may mga babaeng ganun din pero mas mataas tendency ng lalake sa ganun kse hindi daw macho ung magsalita about their feelings or feelings in general..

Kaya kung may anak kayong lalake, wag puro IQ nya problemahin. Mas maraming matutulong later in life kung mataas EQ, proven by psychology yan.

This👍

Wala naman din pinagkaiba sa Amerika, mas lalo na ang daming undiagnosed na tao na may saltek sa utak at di rin marunong makipagusap ng maayos - babae man o lalake. Nadadala sa emosyon na di maganda at nasasaktan sa huli. 

Edited by Miss Zelda
On 7/25/2023 at 3:21 AM, Miss Zelda said:

but are you willing to give the same to your man though? Baka naman tamang hinala ka pag lumalakad partner mo mag isa.

On 7/27/2023 at 5:07 PM, Prinsloo said:

but are you willing to give the same to your man though? Baka naman tamang hinala ka pag lumalakad partner mo mag isa.

Hi Prinsloo,

Yes I had done this several times because I've only dated guys who are much older than me. I'm 35 by the way. The reason why I'm willing to respect their boundaries is I have other things to do in my life, I'm not needy or pushy and I don't want to give a fuss about trivial things. I was married for awhile and it failed. 

I'm willing to give it to somebody I respect and trust. Love is not love if you don't give a 100%. I'm pretty optimistic, don't you think? 😉