What Has Love Taught You Lately?

ito pa...

“Hindi porke’t madalas mong ka-chat, kausap sa telepono, kasama sa mga lakad o ka-text ng wantusawa eh may gusto sayo at magkakatuluyan kayo. Meron lang talagang mga taong sadyang friendly, sweet, flirt, malandi, pa-fall o paasa.” :D

yeah already experiencing this one

love is a choice. we see someone we like so much because she's beautiful, smart, kind, generous, cooks well :), plays an instrument (she's perfect!), etc, etc, and we can decide to love that person or not. deciding to love that person is one the most important decisions you can make in your life because once you start loving and she loves you back, then your world will change. the hard part is that you have to nurture that love. deciding to love is only the first step. relationships last because there is a conscious effort to make each other happy. constantly. or at least as much as you can. otherwise things could go wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

i wrote this down last night....for some reason, or for no reason at all.....it doesnt matter. :)

i am not a poet. not even an aspiring one. i just had to give form to my thoughts.

-------------

MARAMING NAMAMATAY SA AKALA

MINSAN kahit marami ka ng alam….o akala mo ay alam mo na ang lahat ng dapat malaman….

ipipilit mo pa rin ang gusto mo, pipiliin ang mali....hanggat hindi ka natatauhan.....

MINSAN magagalit ka dun sa isa....mag-iiiyak......mag-d-drama......mag-e-emote at matutulala sa kawalan........

at hindi mo nakikita na ang lahat ay sadyang kagagawan mo, at nasa pag-iisip mo lang.....

katangahan? kagaguhan? kabaliwan?

o sadyang ikaw ay nahulog lang.......

mula sa kalangitan, mula sa kinauupuan….mula sa kung saan….

Patungo sa akala mo ay mas masaya……mas tama…….akala mo ay dun ka liligaya……

Yun pala ay……..

hindi.

Isang pagsisisihan, isang iiyakan na pagkakamali…..

Na-in-love ka man o hindi.

Nahulog ka man ng todo o hindi.

Tatawag ba sya? I-t-text ko ba? Bakit ganon ang ginawa nya? Galit ka na hindi…..

Inakala mo na magtatagal pero nagtagal lang ng sandali…..

Ang daming tanong……walang sagot………hindi ka na mapakali…….

Pero umiyak ka man ng isang patak o sangdaan…

Magmukmok ka man sa kwarto mo o daanin sa inuman…...

May magbabago ba kung dyan ka hihinto?

Kung aantayin mo magunaw ang mundo bago ka tumayo?

mangyayari at mangyayari ito......

uulit at uulit ito….

Iikot at iikot ang mundo…..

hanggang di ka natututo…

kung hindi ka pa nalito, napailing, nabaliw……at sa huli ay napatango…….

Kung hindi pa mismong Siya ang magpa-alala….

Kung hindi mo pa malaman na ang mga pag-aakala ay mga akala lang pala…….

*kausap ko lang ang sarili ko. Mga himutok ng isang pasaway. 22 August 2009.

• 2 weeks later...

love has taught me to be courageous. indeed, it takes courage to love and to fight hard for it. you spend more time with or see more often someone in your life, and soon you begin to discover something in him/her that you never knew before. inevitably, you hear that familiar sound which makes even the brave quiver in fear: the rage of your beating heart. oops. what's this i'm hearing? you pull back. you dilly-dally. you begin to assess your self-worth. do i deserve this person's love? am i that ready? what are my chances? fear and doubt creeps in. love does that. it's as if love makes us see ourselves for the first time. dawdle too much or pity yourself too much and soon you'll find yourself alone, having failed to say what you feel, with only cold disappointment to soothe you.

or maybe you did say what you feel and got rejected instead. then what? you fear failure the second time and wouldn't risk giving it a try with another person. your heart becomes colder and you resort to the easy way. embittered, you use your disappointment to justify your actions--engaging in casual sex and what have you. some change their perspectives overnight and say that true love is a lie invented by the weak. oh, it might take years for one to get out of this mess, and some never did.

or maybe you found the love you're looking for. someone said yes to you and accepted you for what you are. but then your lamp of courage runs out of oil with which to fuel it. it happens even to well-meaning people. once again you are beset with fear. you begin to harbor insecurities until you have "fun" on the sidelines, convinced that life is too short not to satisfy your whims.

only the courageous has the right to love. if you're afraid, better stay single. i myself am single right now, not because i'm afraid but because no woman has given me a chance yet. i gave it a try with my officemate, but she said i was too "tame" in my approach and that we can still be friends, which she said is better. hmm. i guess i dawdled too much. next time.