The GYM Directory

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Question: When choosing a gym, what are things/equipment that you look for in a gym?

I look for flexible hours, I like a gym that opens early morning like 6am and closes past 8pm. So whether I want to workout before or after work, I won't have troubles.

A squat machine thing is very helpful also, since I'm still a wussy when it comes to doing squats without the machine.

Staff that are knowledgeable about exercises and our body.

Question: When choosing a gym, what are things/equipment that you look for in a gym?

lots of free weights a squat rack/cage... olympic bar and barbells

I look for flexible hours, I like a gym that opens early morning like 6am and closes past 8pm. So whether I want to workout before or after work, I won't have troubles.

haha my gym is 24 hours :cool:

A squat machine thing is very helpful also, since I'm still a wussy when it comes to doing squats without the machine.

Staff that are knowledgeable about exercises and our body.

If you find a gym with knowledgeable staff, you'll also be able to be taught how to squat properly... a Machine squat can never replace or come close to a freeweight squat

sa cavite.. Leo's gym.. the best... 4 time mr. philippines ung instructor dun... near sm bacoor... lol :thumbsupsmiley:

any info how much are the rates here? malapit lang kasi sa amin ito.., may squat rack ba dito? nakikita ko lang kasi ito palagi, may isa pa din gym along Aguinaldo HiWay, Power Gym, pero mukhang di masyadong exposed..,

If you find a gym with knowledgeable staff, you'll also be able to be taught how to squat properly... a Machine squat can never replace or come close to a freeweight squat

this is one thing also im canvassing in a Gym, im planning to go back hitting the Gym again, my first option was going back to Eclipse again pero due to crisis naghahanap pa ako ng medyo mura mura pa ng kaunti..,

meron gym sa Pedro Gil bago mag LRT, Lobal Workout yata un.., i checked and their rates are just 800.., 120 per visit available also.., the thing lang is they do not have a locker :P saka walang squat rack.., only smith machines..,

I'm now at Island Cove Gym. 1k per month. Sosyal.. with aircon pa hehe. Or you can do a 1yr plan, which is 2400 including the 1st month, then you pay only P600 yata every month nalang...or was it P800? anyways with membership you get free use of their swimming pool and if you bring someone along they get 20% discount. and you get discounts at their bars/restos and the hotel hehe.

I like it alot at Island Cove, it's got a Smith Machine, Cables, free weights, and even a Power rack for doing deadlifts and squats and even benching when you're too much of a wuss like me to go extra hard without a spotter. It's not a huge gym, but it's got everything you need. Really nice equipment. 6am to 9pm monday to saturday. Sundays open til 2pm only.

The other gym I like is past robinson Imus going towards manila is on the right side on the 2nd floor. It's also a really good gym. They even offer Protein shakes after your workout for a good price. P1200 a month yata, or P120 per session. They are sooo focused on proper technique, they really will stop you to make sure you're doing it properly. Also a good gym if you're in Imus area. They too are open 6am to 9pm. Equipment is also very good there, lots of free weights and other things. And even an open area for doing ab workouts or doing stuff with those foamy mats.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Maic's is by far the best gym I've ever been to. Mainstream gyms like Gold's or Fitness First has more equipment, and their machines are better, but I don't think they are all necessary unless you're into hardcore bodybuilding and looking to compete. Maic's, although has less and arguably inferior machines compared to big gyms, has everything you need provided that you actually know what you're doing. But they have equipment that you wouldn't normally see in most gyms like prowlers, tires, etc. Plus, it's not as expensive as big gyms although I think they are in that same level. Only problem is sometimes it can get really crowded, and you would sometimes have to wait for someone to finish using the bar, plates, machines, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...