The GYM Directory

• 2 weeks later...
Clark Hatch Fitness in Wilson, San Juan. The Equipments are updated periodically. Fully air-conditioned. Mini-bar. Sauna and steam. Clean shower facilities. Excellent staff. Affordable considering that it's in Greenhills area.

Malapit ba to sa WAK Wak? If it is, this might be ideal for me. Also, do they have a daily charge or weekly? I'm just visiting, but would like to maintain my workout routine. I'll be in the area for about a week. Could you also post the address and phone #: of clark hatch?

Thanks for the info!

• 4 weeks later...
:P ako member hehehehe boxing pho ako pero mga bro walang bulgaran hah!!!!!!!!!! kunyari di nyo kilala hah mahirap na! di nila alam na psp ako eh :P minsan nga nagugulat na lang ako may nakatingin sakin at pinaguusapan ang mtc pangiti ngiti pa :( sana walang maingay mga dude hah! friends naman tayo eh :mtc:
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cainta/Marikina/Pasig Area, check yung Brickroad Fitness, dyan sa may Sta. Lucia East. Gaganda ng equipments, tapos may entertainment lounge pa, Steam at Sauna room free rin, pati internet access free na rin. meron din free iced tea at lemonade. Nag enrol ako together with a friend kaya mas mura, lalabas 1K/month lang, that's 12K kse 1 year package. Kung monthly, nasa 1400-1500 ata.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Post from the other board. Akala ko po Eclipse Gym ang first Gym na nag offer ng 24 hours open, yun pala its Planet Infinity.

With the proliferation of food outlets and services that are available for 24 hours, I think it was inevitable that a gym would also be open for 24 hours, thus, the birth of Planet Infinity last October 2004. From Tuesdays to Saturdays it is open 24 hours, and then it closes down on Sunday for maintenance and reopens on Monday 6am.

Planet Infinity has four kinds of membership. The main difference between them is the time that it allows the member to use the gym. The Infinity and Planet memberships allows the member to avail of the gym’s services 24 hours, while an Energy membership holder may use the gym 6am-10pm, and lastly, the Fitness membership holder can go to the gym 9am-4pm. The monthly dues vary accordingly.

The usual free weights, resistance machines, cardio machines and locker rooms are available. On the other hand, there is wall climbing, which the Infinity and Planet members can avail for free, while the Energy and Fitness members have to pay P50/visit. The same principle will apply to the swimming pool that will open sometime at the end of the year. The Infinity and Planet members will have total access to the pool while the Energy and Fitness members have to pay P50/visit.

There are two studios that are being used for classes by the gym. One is right on the premises, i.e. the fourth floor, while the second studio is on the second floor. There is an elevator that members can use, and the stairs are easily accessible.

The number of classes is still a bit limited, with more or less 12 classes available for members. Aside from the usual Latino, Abs & Back, and Wellness Pilates, the class that’s different is called Coreblaze, which uses a core board, an oblong shaped piece of equipment that the member can stand, sit or lie on. What makes it challenging is the fact that the underside of the equipment is unstable, forcing the member to use his abdominal muscles to make it balance. Planet Infinity’s version of the core board is the one that is being sold by Reebok.

If the member wants to attend additional classes in Tai Chi, Fitness Boxing, Group PT Kickboxing & Wrestling or Wushu (a Chinese martial art), he has to pay an additional P1,500 per type of class.

After working out, the Energy Lounge is where the member can recharge with healthy choices of food and drinks. To reassure clients that they are eating healthily, a complete breakdown of calories, protein, carbohydrates, etc. is included in the menu. Special considerations for health concerns such as a low-carbo diet or a hi-protein diet (Muscle menu) are also available. And the sweet tooth has not been forgotten with choices of sugar-free or less-sugar desserts.

And what’s nice is it’s open to non-members as well. So if you have a hankering to eat in the wee hours of the morning, but you don’t want to eat fast food, and you live near the Quezon City area, you may as well go the Energy Lounge.

In lieu of massage therapists, Planet Infinity has massage chairs, which my friend and I tried out for free for a few minutes. He enjoyed it but I was totally freaked out by the concept that an inanimate object was doing things to my body. The 5-minute foot massage is free, whether you have a massage or not. The use of the I-Medic, the massage chair that focuses on the upper and lower back, or the I-Squeeze, the massage chair that focuses on the legs, is P100/15 minutes, but if you want to extend it, you may do so by just paying an additional P50/15 minutes.

The Energy Lounge and Sensasia, the massage chair area, is open even on Sundays, unlike the gym. Their operating hours are Sunday, 8am-5pm, and then it opens at 7am on Monday and closes on 12mn Saturday.

The parking within the building has security guards, and what’s more, it’s free.

Planet Infinity has the requisite one free trial. So if you ever have that day that you just absolutely know you can’t make it to your gym during its regular operating hours, call Planet Infinity at 410.7926 and schedule a free trial. For any questions regarding Sensasia and Energy Lounge you may dial 376.2046. The address of Planet Infinity is 4F, Crossroad 77 Mother Ignacia Ave. cor Sct. Reyes St., Quezon City.