Free Medical Advice

papable

ei, ive gone to the OB last monday and the Ob gyne wasnt able to pap smear me coz i had spotting(and until now). then she advised me to take the transvaginal ultrasound. the resluts was, i have a bilateral polycystic ovaries, retroverted uterus and i even have multiple follicles. ive read some of the articles online. i havent seen my OB yet. she advised me to go back there on monday.

nababahala 'ko xempre. but can anyone tell me if this is curable. if yes, how many medications will i go through and how far wud it be? will it take me to as far as operation and the like?

hope not.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Clean... engaging in multiple sexual partners may aggravate one's hormonal imbalance, but it alone will not cause PCOs... and even women who are virgins or only have one partner get afflicted with it..

and a woman shouldn't take pills, birth control or otherwise, without first consulting an OB... because contraceptive pills are not for everyone din... it's bad for people with histories of blood/heart problems for example...

FPJ 45... anong clinic ang hanap mo??? Most major hospitals ave the facilities for fertility treatments... and if you didn't notice, the site link was actually for slimming clinics, because basically, PCOs/hormonal imbalance can be essentially treated/managed by regular exercise and mainatining your normal weight... again, a healthy lifestyle is KEY to almost anything and everything, including hormonal imbalances

culpritmooncake.... don't worry about the retorverted uterus, it's not really a problem and usually 'corrects' itself when a woman gets preggy... multiple follicles in both your ovaries just usually tell you where you are in your mesntrual cycle, but having PCOs means there's a smaller chance of any of those follicles resulting in a mature egg cell which will be ejected and can be fertilized later on...

just work with your OB :)

boy dapa... ako din nababahala sa mga sweeping generalizations minsan which may result in someone really getting hurt kasi kala nya wala na syang ibang options :) anyway, other drugs could help PCOs, like metformin nga, but patients should be aware of its side effects (it's bad for liver) as well so they can make informed decisions...

Guys ask ko lang po....kapag puyat ka for few days, natural lang ba na hindi ka ganado kumain? I am reading kasi yung symptoms ng stomach cancer and kinakabahan talaga ako. I might be overreacting pero naniniguro lang ako. Bata pa naman me eh...

Edited by kenji_1989
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guys ask ko lang po....kapag puyat ka for few days, natural lang ba na hindi ka ganado kumain? I am reading kasi yung symptoms ng stomach cancer and kinakabahan talaga ako. I might be overreacting pero naniniguro lang ako. Bata pa naman me eh...

PDE MAGYARI MAWALAN NG GAN PAG LAGI KA PUYAT. REGARDING SYMPTOMS NG STOMACH CANCER PROMINENT DYAN YUNG WEIGHT LOSS. ISA PA YOU SELDOM ENCOUNTER IT SA MGA BATA

can oatmeal really help lowering down cholesterol ?

I think Cholesterol level of a person is in the genes. No matter how much you exercise or diet, it will still be high. Not unless you totally eat fiber in all your meals. Just take anti cholesterol medicine and enjoy all the things that you want to eat. CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG.

I think Cholesterol level of a person is in the genes. No matter how much you exercise or diet, it will still be high. Not unless you totally eat fiber in all your meals. Just take anti cholesterol medicine and enjoy all the things that you want to eat. CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG.

Elevated cholesterol levels can be caused by several factors such as a diet, lack of exercise, age, gender, alcohol intake (according to some studies) and body habitus. Soluble fiber can reduce absorption of cholesterol in your intestines and can reduce your LDL levels ("bad cholesterol").

Well, we usually give cholesterol-lowering meds to patients who have cardiovascular disease or to those who are at risk of developing it due to other risk factors. Kaya lang, some of these meds may have side effects involving the liver so there's a need to monitor hepatic function too.

i was diagnosed na polycystic years ago. had to undergo transrectal ultrasound because of virginity issues kaya di pwede transvaginal and i took the thyroid blood tests too. the ob gyne doctor gave me contraceptive pills na good for 6mos and after that na-regulate na period ko. though mas conscious na ako sa intake ng fluids, vitamin c, and sa food. pacheck up na lang ako once a year to make sure na all is okay.

good news for those people who are sputum positive for TB, the DOH have recently launched a program called DOTS....free ang meds for the entire treatment. the only thing you have to do is go to the clinic daily (kakatamad ata no?) for your meds and have to take it in front of the nurse or the clinic personnel. i think this is nationwide...so check the nearest clinics or center .... and i repeat...FREE ito !

doc,

do we have an anti-TB vaccine available in the market?

There is currently only one TB vaccine available and it's the BCG or Bacille Calmette-Guérin vaccine. It is one of the vaccines given as part of the EPI (Expanded Program on Immunization) and usually given within a month after birth.

Unfortunately, the protective immunity of the BCG against pulmonary TB is not definitive. Iba-iba ang sinasabi ng mga studies kasi. The recommendations of the World Health Organization on the routine use of BCG were based on studies that proved its efficacy on the prevention of TB meningitis (yung TB sa utak, hindi sa baga).

May vaccine na available. Kung kumpleto ang bakuna mo nung bata ka, malamang nabigyan ka rin nito (you can check your upper arm if you have the scar). Kaya lang yun nga, mas binibigay siya sa mga bata para maiwasan yung mga mas malalalang klase ng TB. Kahit nabigyan ka nito nung bata ka, hindi ito reassurance na hindi ka na magkakaroon ng kahit anong klase ng TB.

Naku, pakidagdagan na lang po ng iba pang impormasyon. ^_^

There is currently only one TB vaccine available and it's the BCG or Bacille Calmette-Guérin vaccine. It is one of the vaccines given as part of the EPI (Expanded Program on Immunization) and usually given within a month after birth.

Unfortunately, the protective immunity of the BCG against pulmonary TB is not definitive. Iba-iba ang sinasabi ng mga studies kasi. The recommendations of the World Health Organization on the routine use of BCG were based on studies that proved its efficacy on the prevention of TB meningitis (yung TB sa utak, hindi sa baga).

May vaccine na available. Kung kumpleto ang bakuna mo nung bata ka, malamang nabigyan ka rin nito (you can check your upper arm if you have the scar). Kaya lang yun nga, mas binibigay siya sa mga bata para maiwasan yung mga mas malalalang klase ng TB. Kahit nabigyan ka nito nung bata ka, hindi ito reassurance na hindi ka na magkakaroon ng kahit anong klase ng TB.

Naku, pakidagdagan na lang po ng iba pang impormasyon. ^_^

yup, yun extra pulmo tb lang ang na-pprevent. but hindi rin ganun kabisa ito !

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I had PCOS too because ever since I had my periods, it's always been irregular. I also gain weight easily, and find it hard to maintain it. I have to work out like 30-45 minutes EVERYDAY to maintain my current figure, otherwise I would bulge up. Fortunately when I went for my tests, I was diagnosed that I do not have PCOS.

My ovaries according to the ultrasound did have some cyst looking things, BUT my blood test showed that I do not have high thyroid levels. Meaning that I do not have the syndrome. You do have to get BOTH tests done. If you have cysts in your ovaries it doesnt necessarily mean that you already have PCOS. You have to have BOTH the blood test and the ultrasound.

Yes, you do have to lose weight if you're finding it hard to make babies because of PCOS, reason why I went back to the gym.

Having a good OB GYNE is essential, make sure that you do have one. Researching online and books are not enough. That's why these gynaes finished college and took years to finish their degrees right? they know alot more than what we can find through books and online research :) so do find a gynae :)

question...

nagka-tb ako last 2003, went thru the medication process, got cleared, etc then during annual medical sa office namin last 2006 ni pull out nila ako from work kasi may nikita sila sa chest xray ko...di nila alam kung ung nakita nila is scar or kung active nanaman so kelangan ko tuloy i-produce ung xray ko from 2003(ung unang diagnosis) para ma-compare...eventually na clear naman ako

ngayon naman nagpalit ako ng office, so kelangan uli dumaan sa medical tapos tinawagan nanaman nila ako ng HR...malamang ung nanaman...question ko is...baka naman di uli malaman kung ung nakita is yung scar or active? if active nga paano na yan? di ako fit to work...kelangan pa naman ng work, buntis si misis...

question...

nagka-tb ako last 2003, went thru the medication process, got cleared, etc then during annual medical sa office namin last 2006 ni pull out nila ako from work kasi may nikita sila sa chest xray ko...di nila alam kung ung nakita nila is scar or kung active nanaman so kelangan ko tuloy i-produce ung xray ko from 2003(ung unang diagnosis) para ma-compare...eventually na clear naman ako

ngayon naman nagpalit ako ng office, so kelangan uli dumaan sa medical tapos tinawagan nanaman nila ako ng HR...malamang ung nanaman...question ko is...baka naman di uli malaman kung ung nakita is yung scar or active? if active nga paano na yan? di ako fit to work...kelangan pa naman ng work, buntis si misis...

I hope you have all of your xrays para ma-compare sila doon sa pinaka-recent na pinagawa mo. I am pretty sure mabibigyan ka ng clearance pag nakita na wala ka namang mga senyales ng TB, walang progression yung lesions sa xray and walang significant findings sa ibang mga examinations mo. :)

I hope you have all of your xrays para ma-compare sila doon sa pinaka-recent na pinagawa mo. I am pretty sure mabibigyan ka ng clearance pag nakita na wala ka namang mga senyales ng TB, walang progression yung lesions sa xray and walang significant findings sa ibang mga examinations mo. :)

yup, ang pinaka-importante un unang x-ray....para sa comparison...pag may doubt sila...AFB sputum test.... at asahan mo lagi na ganyan ang mangyayari everytime na magpa-PE or medical exam ka..

• 3 weeks later...

^technically, gastritis is inflammation of your gastric mucosa while an ulcer is an erosion/sloughing off of your gastric lining. clinically, its hard to make a distinction unless you do an endoscopy to see if your stomach really has ulcers. Ulcers can be of gastric or duodenal type. Gastric ulcer - lalong sumasakit ang tiyan kapag kumain ka while duodenal ulcer - nababawasan/nawawala ang sakit ng tiyan kapag kumain ka. Factors in developing ulcers include smoking, too much acid production, bacterial colonization,etc. Ano pa symptoms mo? para bang may acid na umaakyat papunta sa lalamunan? pwede rin kasing reflux disease. hope this helps!