Free Medical Advice

papable

Hello po,

Any suggestions on how to remove common warts(warts sa hands)? Thank you po.. ^_^

I suffered with warts on my hands for years, topical treatment were messy and ineffective. Eventually I went to a clinic and had them removed cryogenically, that means they were frozen. The initial application is painless but there is some discomfort after the affected area thaws. A blister forms underneath the wart and after a few weeks the wound heals and the wart is gone. In my case they never came back.

tanong lang po, kasi yung kapatid ko po balak po siyang ipentisyon nang wife niya, kaso meron siyang hepa b. it is possible na makaalis siya. kahit hindi work ang pupuntahan niya......

yes, pwede pa rin siya makaalis, i believe as long as he is classified as a non-active, non-infectious case...

there are countries naman that are not that strict when it comes to immigrants with certain communicable diseases...

sana yung pupuntahan niya is one of them...

:mtc:

Hey guys, just wanna ask something about what I have experienced that was so unusual to me.

I was having sex with my partner a week ago. We already had finished the first round and after some time started the 2nd round. But during the course of the 2nd round, I felt something in my groin (like a stinging feeling but not too painful) and minutes after that, my erection was gone and I couldn't get it up again. We eventually stopped doing the deed thinking that it's all done for that day. That is the first time I experienced and its is a cause of concern for me. Is this already a case of impotency (But I'm only 26)? Or is it just a case of too much doing the deed (considering I had a round a day before)?

Help me out to get some of your opinions before I consult a doctor personally. Any of your opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey guys, just wanna ask something about what I have experienced that was so unusual to me.

I was having sex with my partner a week ago. We already had finished the first round and after some time started the 2nd round. But during the course of the 2nd round, I felt something in my groin (like a stinging feeling but not too painful) and minutes after that, my erection was gone and I couldn't get it up again. We eventually stopped doing the deed thinking that it's all done for that day. That is the first time I experienced and its is a cause of concern for me. Is this already a case of impotency (But I'm only 26)? Or is it just a case of too much doing the deed (considering I had a round a day before)?

Help me out to get some of your opinions before I consult a doctor personally. Any of your opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

based on what you have narrated, i`m thinking that the etiology of your sudden-onset erectile dysfunction could be mechanical in nature.. you might have suffered some form of genital trauma during the deed..

it`s best that you consult a urologist ASAP so that you can undergo the proper work-up...

based on what you have narrated, i`m thinking that the etiology of your sudden-onset erectile dysfunction could be mechanical in nature.. you might have suffered some form of genital trauma during the deed..

it`s best that you consult a urologist ASAP so that you can undergo the proper work-up...

Thank you very much sir for your response. Though I don't experience it anymore, it's still a cause for concern. Thanks again :cool:

You did not mention it, but is it your shoulder that has calcific tendonitis..? in most cases the pain will resolve in two to four weeks, otherwise other treatment options should be considered...

Unlike other forms of tendonitis, calcific tendonitis must be treated by a professional. In most cases it's just a matter of dealing with the pain and waiting for the condition to resolve, however some cases require further attention. Here are some of the treatments that may be administered by a doctor:

1.Painkillers and anti-inflammatory medications.

2.Physiotherapy. This helps to keep the shoulder strong and reduces pain and irritation.

3.Ultrasound guided Lavage - under ultrasound guidance the calcium deposit is injected with a salt water solution and the calcium is also sucked out into a syringe.

4.Cortisone is sometimes given to control the pain.

If any of the above treatments fail to remove the calcium deposit and relieve pain the doctor may recommend you have surgery on the rotator cuff. During the surgery two events will take place. First, the calcium deposit is removed from the rotator cuff tendon. Second, the doctor will increase the amount of space between the rotator cuff tendons allowing more movement and less inflammation.

have you consulted with an orthopedic surgeon na ba..? i think it would be wise on your part to do so...

i have & he says it may have something to do with my my diabetes, he had me do FBS, my blood sugar & uric acid were high... he didn't want to proceed any further until i talked with my diabetologist... i did & it was suggested to do some more tests but unfortunately i got screwed-over at work with the schedule so i haven't gotten around to it yet... it's the right shoulder by the way... there's no constant pain, not even when doing simple movements... it's just when i have to scratch my back or have to put my right arm in unusual positions...

Edited by resident_big_evil
If you accidentally ate food or drank something with fecal matter in it, what do you do to flush it out particularly the urinary system the urine and digestive system

Some of the diseases that can be passed via the fecal-oral route include:

Giardiasis

Hepatitis A

Hepatitis E

Rotavirus

Shigellosis (bacillary dysentery)

Typhoid fever

Vibrio parahaemolyticus infections

Enteroviruses, including poliomyelitis

Cholera

Clostridium difficile

as you can see these are serious illnesses, so when you accidentally ingest food and drink tainted with fecal matter you should consult with a physician right away, and do not attempt to self-medicate...

i have & he says it may have something to do with my my diabetes, he had me do FBS, my blood sugar & uric acid were high... he didn't want to proceed any further until i talked with my diabetologist... i did & it was suggested to do some more tests but unfortunately i got screwed-over at work with the schedule so i haven't gotten around to it yet... it's the right shoulder by the way... there's no constant pain, not even when doing simple movements... it's just when i have to scratch my back or have to put my right arm in unusual positions...

ok then, let your diabetologist and the orthopod get their heads together and plan out a course of action for you...

i had this urinalysis done. can you explain to me the results doc? im bothered with my high pus cells. what's wrong with that and how do i treat it?

you see, i'm thinking of seeing a nephro later on. dami bula ng ihi ko. it's been going on for quite sometime. tnx

post-4978-1242399729.jpg

im having this L shoulder pains down to the left side of my back i cant hardly move and if i did masakit masyado the pain is unbearable ...i had consulted a cardio and asks me to have an xray ...wondering kung makikita ba kaya sa xray yung pain na nararamdaman ko. btw i was diagnosed to be hypertensive almost 2 yrs ago im taking maintenance meds . thanks in adv

i had this urinalysis done. can you explain to me the results doc? im bothered with my high pus cells. what's wrong with that and how do i treat it?

you see, i'm thinking of seeing a nephro later on. dami bula ng ihi ko. it's been going on for quite sometime. tnx

hmm.. most likely you have a urinary tract infection (UTI) kasi medyo madami kang pus cells sa weewee mo.. masakit ba ang likod mo sa may balakang? or sa pubic area mo..?

go see a physician muna para maresetahan ka na ng antibiotic... tapos inom ka ng maraming fluids..

yung bula sa ihi mo, madalas nangyayari yan kapag may protein sa urine mo.. since negative ang result mo, puwede kang magpagawa ng Micral (microalbumin) Test, para malaman mo kung may mas maliit pa na protein sa ihi mo na hindi na-detect sa unang urinalysis mo.. kapag nagpa-konsulta ka na sa nephrologist malamang yun din ang ipapagawa niya..

im having this L shoulder pains down to the left side of my back i cant hardly move and if i did masakit masyado the pain is unbearable ...i had consulted a cardio and asks me to have an xray ...wondering kung makikita ba kaya sa xray yung pain na nararamdaman ko. btw i was diagnosed to be hypertensive almost 2 yrs ago im taking maintenance meds . thanks in adv

Shoulder problems, including pain, are one of the more common reasons for physician visits for musculoskeletal symptoms. The shoulder is the most movable joint in the body. However, it is an unstable joint because of the range of motion allowed. It is easily subject to injury because the ball of the upper arm is larger than the shoulder socket that holds it. To remain stable, the shoulder must be anchored by its muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Some shoulder problems arise from the disruption of these soft tissues as a result of injury or from overuse or underuse of the shoulder. Other problems arise from a degenerative process in which tissues break down and no longer function well.

here are some of the diagnostic tests used for shoulder problems:

X ray

Arthrogram--Diagnostic record that can be seen on an x ray after injection of a contrast fluid into the shoulder joint to outline structures such as the rotator cuff. In disease or injury, this contrast fluid may either leak into an area where it does not belong, indicating a tear or opening, or be blocked from entering an area where there normally is an opening.

MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)--A non-invasive procedure in which a machine produces a series of cross-sectional images of the shoulder.

how old are you na ba bro? from what you have narrated you could be suffering from a degenerative disorder... if your quality of life is affected na, i would suggest that you consult an orthopedic surgeon asap, so that you can have proper evaluation and therapy...

It depends on what kind of x-ray view your physician has requested. On a plain AP view, the ff can be seen:

1. presence of dislocation

2. arthritic changes

3. calcific tendinitis

4. humeral head abnormalities

Depending on the presenting symptoms, history, age, activity of patient and mechanism of previous injury, specialized views can be requested by your doctor.

For instance, a supraspinatus outlet view may demonstrate an abnormally crooked acromnion which may cause the subacromial impingement causing the shoulder pain and associated limitation of motion.

Your shoulder pain could also be a referred pain coming from your cervical spine.

My advise for you is to seek orthopedic consult. The orthopod will know which tests to do. Goodluck!

hmm.. most likely you have a urinary tract infection (UTI) kasi medyo madami kang pus cells sa weewee mo.. masakit ba ang likod mo sa may balakang? or sa pubic area mo..?

go see a physician muna para maresetahan ka na ng antibiotic... tapos inom ka ng maraming fluids..

yung bula sa ihi mo, madalas nangyayari yan kapag may protein sa urine mo.. since negative ang result mo, puwede kang magpagawa ng Micral (microalbumin) Test, para malaman mo kung may mas maliit pa na protein sa ihi mo na hindi na-detect sa unang urinalysis mo.. kapag nagpa-konsulta ka na sa nephrologist malamang yun din ang ipapagawa niya..

thanks doc!

To all MTC docs,

Could you please interpret this x-ray results...

CHEST PA VIEW

III-defined infiltrates are seen in the left upper lobe.

Heart is not enlarged

Diaphragm and sinuses are intact

IMPRESSION:

PTB, LEFT UPPER LOBE

Questions:

1. Is this enough indication of having a TB?

2. Is there a medicine available that could clear the infiltrates(x-ray) in the left upper lobe for work clearance but definitely would undergo the proper medication once confirm na TB nga?

3. And if it is confirm, could you detect if its TB infection or TB disease? Do you know someone who could help to cure this the fastest possible time?

Thanks! and if you could add more information, i would really appreciate it.

To all MTC docs,

Could you please interpret this x-ray results...

CHEST PA VIEW

III-defined infiltrates are seen in the left upper lobe.

Heart is not enlarged

Diaphragm and sinuses are intact

IMPRESSION:

PTB, LEFT UPPER LOBE

Questions:

1. Is this enough indication of having a TB?

2. Is there a medicine available that could clear the infiltrates(x-ray) in the left upper lobe for work clearance but definitely would undergo the proper medication once confirm na TB nga?

3. And if it is confirm, could you detect if its TB infection or TB disease? Do you know someone who could help to cure this the fastest possible time?

Thanks! and if you could add more information, i would really appreciate it.

let me try to answer your queries :

1) i`m not a radiologist, but i believe presence of infiltrates anywhere in the lung parenchyma may suggest an active TB infection..

2) Before you take any medications, it is best that you should first undergo evaluation for presence of active TB...

3) For more definitive determination of TB activity, you would have to undergo sputum acid-fast bacilli (AFB) test and/or MTB culture to determine the presence of mycobacterium tubercle bacilli..

i suggest that you consult a pulmonologist for proper work-up and para mabigyan ka ng work clearance...

Hi to all Docs,

I would like to us what would be your advise for me to settle this kind of problem to my shoulder, it always dislocate everytime i play basketball , i know that may ligaments are no longer intact, what would be the best way to eliminate this kind of injuries, would it be possible solution is therapy or anthroscopic surgery? thank you in advanced

the only way to know for sure what kind of treatment you need is for you to consult an orthopaedic surgeon bro..

have your shoulder evaluated and several ancillary procedures may be performed to help determine the extent of your problem and the proper treatment modality/ies for your case...

I recently had my blood tested and the results came out that my TRIGLYCERIDES are way high. What medication should i take?

thanks in advance

there are several different types of medications that are currently used for lowering triglyceride levels :

1) Statins - e.g. Lipitor, Zocor, etc.

2) Fibrates - e.g. Gemfibrozil

3) Nicotinic Acid Derivatives - e.g. Niacor, Niaspan

4) Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters - e.g. Lovaza

you should first consult with a cardiologist so that you could be properly evaluated, then the cardiologist will prescribe the right medication or combination of meds for you.. plus he will give you non-medical advice on how to lower your blood lipids in general..

there are several different types of medications that are currently used for lowering triglyceride levels :

1) Statins - e.g. Lipitor, Zocor, etc.

2) Fibrates - e.g. Gemfibrozil

3) Nicotinic Acid Derivatives - e.g. Niacor, Niaspan

4) Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters - e.g. Lovaza

you should first consult with a cardiologist so that you could be properly evaluated, then the cardiologist will prescribe the right medication or combination of meds for you.. plus he will give you non-medical advice on how to lower your blood lipids in general..

ok thanks for the advice