PacMan's Corner

menime

^yan din ang sinasabi ni Freddie Roach. he's not the sam Manny Pacquiao na nakalaban ni Marquez noon. mas madiskarte na sya ngayon. dati ang main weapon nya lang is yung left hand hand nya, ngayon na develop na ni Manny yung right hand nya kaya hindi na predictable ang galaw nya.

and i think he is also not the same marquez... remember that he's the champ and pacman is just the challenger kaya kung di prepared si pacman tlgang tagilid siya dito... buti na lng at wla ng election at movies-to-make itong si pacman para puro training na lng ang iisipin niya... and after this fight sana si valero nman just to set things straight that he is a legend in the superfeather weight category before he steps up sa next level... :blush:

Edited by o0onapstero0o

I'm hoping to see an all out war parang yung laban ni Vazques at Marquez III.

12 rounds of non stop action...

Pero syempre Marquez is wise enough not to do that because he already know that he will visit the canvass if he'll engage Pacman in a toe to toe battle.

Sana lang he just didn't wait for 4yrs just to face Pacman and RUN around the RING.

what u call running on the ring is not really running, its called outboxing, and its called a strategy, technical boxing

it bores audiences(audiences who only wants to see a slugfest and do not know anything about boxing at all) but graceful outboxing amaze audiences that are really into boxing, and knows the science of boxing

thats the best way to beat pacman, and if marquez really wants to win he should do that.

dont get me wrong, im a pacman fan, we are all pacman fan.

but im also a fan of outboxing, the boxing that legendary boxers like cassius clay(ali) and sugar ray robbinson used.

jst back read page 142

yep i also think that marquez won the first fight, its not always the knockdowns that will win the fight. ung fight na un 10 points system ang gnamit

ilang beses ko nireply ung match, kumuha ak ng papel and ngjudge din, sa score talaga lamang si marquez for me

Edited by Fright

yah i think pacman has 70% chance of winning

hes a very different fighter now, he already know how to box and counter

if manny wants to prevent marquez from outboxing with the jabs, using he's lightning right cross will be very effective

and of course the body blows that he showed us in pacman morales 2 and 3

Edited by Fright

I chanced upon this article from the Philippine Star last March 6, 2008

Working with Pacman 'priceless'

by: Abac Cordero

LOS ANGELES - While he admitted that the pay is good, Juanito Garcia said Tuesday that it's really "priceless" working as one of Manny Pacquiao's sparring partners here. "Yes, it's good," the undefeated (14-0) super-featherweight said of his pay, barely an hour after doing four rounds with Pacquiao at the Wild Card Gym.

"But to me it's priceless," said the Mexican who was born in Los Angeles but is now based in Phoenix, Arizona. Garcia, who fights like Juan Manuel Marquez, said this is the first time for him to work in a training camp involving a champion. And he's not complaining, even if he's helping Pacquiao train against a fellow Mexican.

"It's just work. Now I know what a training camp of a champion is about. If he permits, I'd do it again. I'd like to visit the Philippines sometime. Everybody says it's nice," he said. "I'd be glad to help him again in the future. There's just so much dedication (in the camp) and so much opportunity," he said.

Garcia expects a real close fight between Pacquiao and Marquez. "It's going to be a very good one. But you know he's strong, fast and quick on his feet. He's very smart, too. It's his punch that you cannot see that will knock you out," he said.

:thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by Legionnaire
what u call running on the ring is not really running, its called outboxing, and its called a strategy, technical boxing

it bores audiences(audiences who only wants to see a slugfest and do not know anything about boxing at all) but graceful outboxing amaze audiences that are really into boxing, and knows the science of boxing

thats the best way to beat pacman, and if marquez really wants to win he should do that.

dont get me wrong, im a pacman fan, we are all pacman fan.

but im also a fan of outboxing, the boxing that legendary boxers like cassius clay(ali) and sugar ray robbinson used.

jst back read page 142

yep i also think that marquez won the first fight, its not always the knockdowns that will win the fight. ung fight na un 10 points system ang gnamit

ilang beses ko nireply ung match, kumuha ak ng papel and ngjudge din, sa score talaga lamang si marquez for me

ano naman po iniscore mo sa round1?

eto lang naman questionable sa scorecard ng judges eh. bakit nagkaroon ng 10-8... it should have been 10-6 or 10-7...

ano naman po iniscore mo sa round1?

eto lang naman questionable sa scorecard ng judges eh. bakit nagkaroon ng 10-8... it should have been 10-6 or 10-7...

Its the judge's discretion if they want to give a round with a knockdown a 10-7... Kahit na isang beses or isang libong beses (hehehehe! imposible na ito malamang tapos na ang 3 minutes nun, heheheh) bumagsak ang isang boxer, 10-8 pa rin dapat yun, unless there is a three knockdown rule in effect... Kung ang isang round nga na very lopsided ay 10-9 pa rin ang ibinibigay ganun din dapat sa knockdown... Sa tingin ko yung dalawang judge na nagbigay ng 10-7 sa first round ang tunay na mga unscrupulous...

But WTF!!! There's no use crying over spilled milk, matagal na nangyari yung laban na yun, dami na nagbago kaya kahit anong klaseng diskusyun pa ang gawin dito kung talagang nanalo si Marquez or si Pacquiao noon, wala ring mangyayari... Pero buti na lang at draw yung laban kung hindi ay natalo pa ako sa pustahan nun, heheheh!

Its the judge's discretion if they want to give a round with a knockdown a 10-7... Kahit na isang beses or isang libong beses (hehehehe! imposible na ito malamang tapos na ang 3 minutes nun, heheheh) bumagsak ang isang boxer, 10-8 pa rin dapat yun, unless there is a three knockdown rule in effect... Kung ang isang round nga na very lopsided ay 10-9 pa rin ang ibinibigay ganun din dapat sa knockdown... Sa tingin ko yung dalawang judge na nagbigay ng 10-7 sa first round ang tunay na mga unscrupulous...

But WTF!!! There's no use crying over spilled milk, matagal na nangyari yung laban na yun, dami na nagbago kaya kahit anong klaseng diskusyun pa ang gawin dito kung talagang nanalo si Marquez or si Pacquiao noon, wala ring mangyayari... Pero buti na lang at draw yung laban kung hindi ay natalo pa ako sa pustahan nun, heheheh!

For the record, two (2) judges correctly scored 10-6, and only one judge scored 10-7. The judge that scored 10-7 admitted his mistake after the bout.

The correct score for the 1st round should have been 10-6. If a boxer lose a round, he gets 9 points, max. For every knockdown, he gets one point deduction. So in JMM's case, he lost the 1st round (is there any doubt here?) - 9 points, and got knocked down 3x (minus 3 from 9) so he should only have 6 for the 1st round.

For the official scoring rules, see and read it for yourself here:

Boxing Scoring

For each round, judges determine the score using the ten-point must system. This means that (usually) the winner of the round gets ten points, and the loser gets nine points. There are exceptions to this rule. For example, when a fighter is knocked down, that fighter loses a point. So if the fighter that was knocked down loses the round the score would be 10 to 8 for that round. If the fighter that was knocked down wins the round (which is rare) the score would be 9 to 9. If a fighter is knocked down twice, the score would normally be 10 to 7 for the round. If three knockdowns occur you should have a 10 to 6 round, etc. Also, it is possible for a judge to score a round as a tie, which is exceedingly rare. In this case the score for the round would be 10-10.

win or lose, Pacman is the real winner because he takes home the bigger paycheck than JMM even if he is the defending champ. but honestly, i would like to see Pacman win. that will clearly vindicate him in their first fight which was a draw.

Edited by wizard23

@omegajeff

10-6 po ang iniscore ko sa round 1, and i really think that it should be 10-6

but as hardtohandle mentioned, ang score ay depende parin sa opinion ng judge, sabi nila nagkamali lang ung isang judge na umiskor ng 10-7 pero pwede rin naman na un talaga ang iniskor nya cguro dahil binigyan nya rin ng credit si JMM for alot of heart, 3 times natumba pero go parin

there is no rule in boxing na nagssbi na pag natumba ng 3 times ang boxer 10-6 agad dpt ang skor, or pag natumba ng 2 times 10-7 or pag 1 time 10-8

thats just the USUAL scoring, pero ang scoring talaga ay depende sa opinion ng mga judges. meron ngang isang judge sa history ng boxing na nagbigay ng 9-2 na score eh, it may sound funny but they honored hes scoring cuz hes an official judge.

personaly i think that the only rounds that pacquiao got in the first fight are rounds 1,8,11 and 12

and again like hardtohandle said tapos na ung laban and wala na tayo magagawa ^^; at isa pa tingin ko kelangan talaga ng rematch dito dahil hindi mo rin masisi kung bkt iba iba ang opinyon ng tao dahil napakahirap mag judge ng laban, pinagpawisan talaga ako, lalo na sa round 8 at 9. muntik n nga ako mgbigay ng 10-10 sa round 8 at 9 pero tingin ko sa bawat round dapat merong panalo

speaking of the rematch

i think JMM has a good chance of winning too, as i said my prediction is 70% pacquiao win. so its gonna be 30% for marquez.

he can win if he can keep on moving for 12 rounds, not normal moving, but lateral movements. also head movements, we saw this very effective against pacquiao on the solis fight. i think JMM pick his punches carefully like he did in the first fight, countering those powerful shots of pacman, i think he must also try putting all hes weight behind every counters to hurt pacquiao, because if he wants to win this fight he should discourage pacquiao from pushing and pushing forward.

pacquiao should also be careful and not be over confident, most of us think that JMM cant win by KO but looking at hes record he has also a high KO percentage, almost as high as Pacman

if Pacman gets a counter to the chin with full weight behind it, even with hes iron chin he might fall.

overall i still think that Pacman will win. hes much smarter now. added new weapons on his arsenal, and i think that hes training for this fight seriously

he jst need to be careful, throw devastating body punches to stop JMM from moving, and as i said before hes lightning fast right cross can discourage JMM to use his jab.

Edited by Fright
but as hardtohandle mentioned, ang score ay depende parin sa opinion ng judge, sabi nila nagkamali lang ung isang judge na umiskor ng 10-7 pero pwede rin naman na un talaga ang iniskor nya cguro dahil binigyan nya rin ng credit si JMM for alot of heart, 3 times natumba pero go parin

Nothing personal but I will just point out again that after the bout, said judge admitted his mistake that it should have been 10-6, and not 10-7.

Yes, tapos na ang laban, wala na tayong magagawa, but let us not distort what happened in the said scoring. Peace. Go Pacman!

Nothing personal but I will just point out again that after the bout, said judge admitted his mistake that it should have been 10-6, and not 10-7.

Yes, tapos na ang laban, wala na tayong magagawa, but let us not distort what happened in the said scoring. Peace. Go Pacman!

it maybe true that said judge admitted his mistake

pro ang point is nagkamali sya o nde. depende sa opinion ng judge kung ano ang ibibigay nyang score sa isang round.

kht panoorin mo ung replay ng match, even the commentators are debating what score should be given in that round. 1-6 or 10-7

even i think that 10-6 should be given in that round but we cant blame some judge who scored that bout 10-7 because they might given JMM credit for standing after 3 knockdowns. they might be impressed by the heart of the champion which most of the filipinos ddnt appreciate bcoz they all want pacman to win.

im a pacman fan but i really appreciate and admire the heart of JMM after getting up from the brutal beating he took from pacman in the first round of their first round of their bout.