PacMan's Corner

menime

Kung ayaw ni Cotto si Darchinyan na lang. Anyway sabi nya di ba he wants to fight Manny daw. What is it with guys like Diaz (juan), Juarez, Valero, and now Darchinyan thinking that they actually have a shot, or even deserve one, with Pacquiao?

Darchinyan is one hell of a fighter. But Pacquiao? and after the fate he suffered with Nonito? He's NUTS! :blink:

Flash News!!!

Mosley is willing to go at 140 lb,that dude is one crazy sonubabitch!!!. I think Manny should take this fight against Mosley. At 147, I think Mosley is the man to beat. Kahit tinalo siya ni Cotto, pero tinalo naman ni Mosley si Margarito in a convincing manner. Ngayong nag offer na si Sugar Shane na kaya niyang labanan si Pac at 140 baka pumayag na din si Cotto na labanan si Pac at 143. Please take the Mosley offer!!!!

Mosley Pacman's best option now

By Abac Cordero Updated July 19, 2009 12:00

MANILA, Philippines - Shane Mosley, saying he’s willing to fight Manny Pacquiao at 140 lb, might force the Filipino pound-for-pound champion to pull the plug on Miguel Cotto.

“If Cotto stays put at 145 pounds then Manny might call it off,” said Pacquiao’s lawyer, Franklin Gacal, yesterday after stories broke out that Mosley is willing to go to as low as 140 lb to earn the lucrative fight with boxing’s biggest star.

Last week, Gacal told The STAR that Cotto is keeping his fight with Pacquiao, already penciled for Nov. 14 at the MGM Grand, from happening by saying he can’t go down from 145 to 143 lb as the Filpino camp wants him to do.

Then Gacal said they might as well consider Mosley who is willing to concede in the weight issue and get 40 percent of the total purse. Yesterday, Pacquiao’s lawyer sounded excited with the news.

“That’s nice. Then Mosley just became the top candidate,” he said.

“What else can we do if Cotto insists on 145 but look for a different opponent? Mosley said he’s willing to go down to 140 pounds? Maganda ‘yan,” said Gacal, adding that he was in touch with Bob Arum the other night,

Arum, the Top Rank president who both has promotional rights over Pacquiao and Cotto, is on a European vacation, and had to think of ways how to close the deal between Pacquiao and Cotto, the WBO welterweight (147 lb) champ.

A few days ago, Arum was quoted as saying both camps have already agreed to 145 lb, but Gacal said there’s no such deal yet.

“Mr. Arum can’t do anything if Cotto insists on 145 and Manny says he wants another fight. Michael Koncz (Pacquaio’s Canadian adviser) talked to Arum last night and the latest is that Cotto said he can’t go lower than 145,” said Gacal.

“Baka i-call off na ni Manny ang Cotto fight. But it will depend on him. He will make the final decision although he has yet to be informed about this development. It’s up to him now. Will it be Cotto or Mosley?” the lawyer added.

“I’m going down to 140 pounds and I want to fight for Pacquiao’s belt (the IBO light-welterterweight crown he won over Ricky Hatton last May) because that’s a belt I have never won,” Mosley told the American press.

The WBA welterweight champion, who came off a smashing knockout win over Antonio Margarito, also said, “There should be no 143, 141 or 142 and all this other stuff. I’m going to 140 and fight at his weight. I’m ready to make the sacrifice again.”

“I know how to make the weight. I know how to get down there,” he added.

Mosley, who’s under Golden Boy, said Cotto, who barely defeated Josh Clottey weeks ago, may not even make it at 145.

“I don’t think [Miguel] Cotto can even make 145, and now I’m saying I’m willing to fight Pacquiao at his weight. I’ll do that and go back up to welterweight and fight Floyd Mayweather Jr.” he told the LA Times.

Mosley said a few days ago, that if Pacquiao wants him, then get the negotiations going, and not try to use him “as a pawn” for Cotto. “Let me know so I can start training and be ready.”

Incidentally, Cotto played a round of golf with Golden Boy Oscar dela Hoya in Puerto Rico last week, and stories of a “conspiracy theory” cropped up, hinting of a secret deal between them.

Cotto’s contract with Arum is set to expire, and the Puerto Rican might consider joining Golden Boy. But he said his round of golf with Dela Hoya was a “chance encounter” and they “never talked about golf.”

To many, it was hard to believe that they never talked about it, raising theories that the Golden Boy must have convinced Cotto to skip Pacquiao by insisting on 145 lb, then make way for Mosley and for him to fight someone else.

And if Mosley beats Pacquiao, then Cotto comes in for the battle between the true welterweight champions.

Nawala na sa news si Gayweather hahaha

Flash News!!!

Mosley is willing to go at 140 lb,that dude is one crazy sonubabitch!!!. I think Manny should take this fight against Mosley. At 147, I think Mosley is the man to beat. Kahit tinalo siya ni Cotto, pero tinalo naman ni Mosley si Margarito in a convincing manner. Ngayong nag offer na si Sugar Shane na kaya niyang labanan si Pac at 140 baka pumayag na din si Cotto na labanan si Pac at 143. Please take the Mosley offer!!!!

this is crazy dude!.. but this is the best option for pacman if cotto does not to fight him.

Tuloy na daw Pacquiao vs Cotto at 145 according to Nick Giongco.

Si Gacal lang nagpagulo :lol:

At the end of the day, Manny Pacquiao was true to himself, to his own nature.

He did not “wuss out” on the so called weight issue.

Reliable reporter Nick Giongco writes from the Philippines that Pacman authorized agent Michael Koncz to reaffirm that he will fight Miguel Cotto on Nov. 14 at an agreed to weight of 145 pounds ot two under the welterweight limit.

Surely the Puerto Rican veteran will baloon in weight after the weigh in but how will that help him? If Cotto adds 12 pounds and Manny puts on 10 after the weigh in, what's the big deal?

Cotto has been skidding noticeably since he took a beating from Antonio Margarito and he needs speed, not bulk, to contend with Megamanny. He beat Joshua Clottey but was hardly dazzling especially in the closing rounds.

Simply put, it's the right time for Pacquiao to test Cotto.

Much was made of this small controversy, a molehill was turned into a mountain. It was always a trifling thing.

But I was right on this and my fellow Examiners dSource Guillermo and Matt Stolow were also correct in criticizing the demand for Cotto to make 143 pounds.

Such a demand goes totally against what people, at their core, love about Pacman, at his core, the idea that it's anybody, anywhere, anytime.

Pacquiao, in the early prime of his career, never needed the 143 pound crutch.

Maybe the whole thing was a Pacman whim or a figment of lawyer Jeng Gacal’s imagination.

It matters not now because Pacman is Johnny Ringo, the gentleman outlaw and the fastest gun in the ring unless Pretty Boy Floyd can prove otherwise.

Johnny Ringo wouldn’t ask for a two pound weight concession.

Bully for Manny for not being a bully on this issue.

If you’d like to know more about bad man Ringo, try www.johnnyringo.com.

Edited by jerzz

Yep 145 is reasonable.

Manny has fought at 147 and he looked perfect naman. As for cotto, di na gaano hassle ang 2 lbs na bawas na timbang. Afterall he does weight around 145 to 146 during the weight in.

Pag nanalo si pacquiao, no one will say na he beat a dehydrated guy. Matalo naman siya, ok lang siya pa rin ang champion, at pwede sabihin na cotto fought a smaller guy.

Ok sige pirmahan na yan para magumpisa na ng training

PACQUIAO VS. COTTO

LAS VEGAS, NEV. (July 20, 2009) – BOB ARUM, CEO of Top Rank, announced today that the mega-fight between boxing’s No. 1 pound-for-pound king and the reigning Boxing Writers Association of America’s (BWAA) Fighter of the Year, MANNY “PacMan” PACQUIAO, and the pride of Puerto Rico and three-time world champion MIGUEL COTTO is official. “Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto have reached an agreement to fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Saturday, November 14,” said Arum. The fight will be seen live on HBO Pay-Per-View. Top Rank is working on a major media tour to start right after Labor Day. Further details will be announced as we get closer to kicking off the tour..”

Pacquiao (49-3-2, 37 KOs), of General Santos City, Philippines, has won six world titles in as many different weight divisions ranging from 112 to 140 pounds. His performance in 2008 was described as “Henry Armstrongesque,” winning world titles at 130 and 135 pounds with victories over Juan Manuel Marquez and David Diaz, respectively, and knocking out and retiring Oscar De La Hoya at 147 pounds to finish the trifecta. This year, he picked up where he left off last year – winning another world title in a new weight division -- dealing defending junior welterweight champion Ricky Hatton a one-punch second-round knockout on May 2.

Cotto (34-1, 27 KOs), from Caguas, Puerto Rico, has sold more tickets at Madison Square Garden in this millennium than any other fighter. He has held a world title every year since 2004. Puerto Rico’s most exciting fighter, Cotto held the World Boxing Organization (WBO) junior welterweight crown from 2004-2006, successfully defending it six times before vacating it to capture the World Boxing Association (WBA) welterweight title at the end of 2006, a title he held for nearly as long. He won his second welterweight title in February this year, knocking out Michael Jennings in the fifth round at Madison Square Garden to become the WBO welterweight champion. Notable scalps on Cotto’s belt include Sugar Shane Mosley, Zab Judah, Joshua Clottey, Pauli Malinaggi, and Demarcus Corley.

You know, I just thought kahit sa 147 kayang kaya ni manny si Cotto. Galing nga sana kung at that weight class sila maglalaban. Magiging 7 divisions world champion si Manny, siguradong manglalaway lalo si Gayweather na labanan siya. But on the other hand, being the much smaller guy masyadong dehado si manny sa 147.

Anyway basta importante me pacquaio mayweather bago siya pumasok pulitika

You know, I just thought kahit sa 147 kayang kaya ni manny si Cotto. Galing nga sana kung at that weight class sila maglalaban. Magiging 7 divisions world champion si Manny, siguradong manglalaway lalo si Gayweather na labanan siya. But on the other hand, being the much smaller guy masyadong dehado si manny sa 147.

Anyway basta importante me pacquaio mayweather bago siya pumasok pulitika

technically cotto can put his welterweight belt on the line and give manny the chance to win a belt in a 7th weight class... the weight range for welterweight is bet 141 to 147 so this is possible...

i hope that is what arum told manny to make manny agree after talking to him on the phone for only 15 mins... :thumbsupsmiley:

LET'S BAIT the ARROGANT FLOYD MAYWEATHER, JR. to Fight MANNY PACQUIAO

PPV WARS BEGINS

The 2009-year of boxing has featured a small amount of PPV’s. Fights that would have been on PPV a few years ago have been on HBO or Showtime. However, in the fall, two of the biggest PPV’s of the year will be 63 days apart. In September, Floyd Mayweather Jr. takes on Juan Manuel Marquez and in November Pacquiao fights Cotto. Could the fact that boxing fans will spend $55 on the Mayweather PPV prevent them spend another $55 on the Pacquiao PPV or vice-versa?

Also, Floyd Mayweather Jr. has essentially laid out the challenge to Pacquiao that he will sell more PPV’s than him. Constantly, Mayweather has proclaimed himself the number one draw in boxing because of his record PPV numbers. That claim will be put to the test because he will take on Marquez, who has never been much of a draw. With Mayweather going on record saying he won’t work with Top Rank, who promotes Pacquiao through at least the end of 2010, the closest thing we will see to Mayweather-Pacquiao competing against one another will be whoever gets the higher PPV numbers.

IF YOU ONLY HAD $55…

The clear choice to buy is Pacquiao-Cotto in terms of pure boxing entertainment. Although Mayweather-Marquez is a legitimate match-up, paying money to see two fighters who are at their best when on they’re back foot doesn’t seem like a smart buy compared to the November PPV. Plus, as Dan Rafeal of ESPN puts it, in investing in Pacquiao-Cotto, you won’t have to deal with the nonsense of Mayweather. And who knows, maybe if Pacquiao crushes Mayweather in PPV sales, “Money” Mayweather may finally come back to earth and agree to a 50/50 split with Pacquiao.

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz274/dcrjreloaded3/pacquiaocotto.jpg

Cotto is a good pick, lately magaganda quality of fighters na nalalabanan ni Manny. Bukod sa me pangalan na, at thier primes pa. Not only is manny becoming the best fighter in the world, people are also now regarding him as the best athlete there is in the game. Siguradong yayaman nanaman lalo si Manny with this fight and a possible match up with mayweather. If Pacquaio-Cotto surpasses the PPV sales of Mayweather-Marquez, then Im sure mayweather will no longer have the bargaining chip to demand a 60-40 split. Mayweather-Pacquaio is going to be really huge, it will be the fight of this decade, and if manny wins undoubtedly he will be the boxer of this decade.

Gago si manny kung ipagpapalit nya lahat ng ito para lang sa pulitika. Walang makukuha ang kahit na sino man pag pumasok si manny sa pulitika maliban na lang ang mga lintang nakapaligid sa kanya. Unang una, walang alam sa paggawa ng batas si manny, so papano nya tutulungan mga taga sarangani? Isa pa ni hindi nya alam na hindi congressman dapat na pwestong takbuhan nya kung talagang gusto nya makatulong. Dapat mayor or konsehal, kasi batas ang ginagawa ng congressman. Pangalawa ang malinis nyang pangalan dudungisan ng baho ng pulitika. Pangatlo, gagastos lang siya ng malaki, at di nya naman mababawi puhunan dito maliban na lang kung magnakaw siya. Nung una nga siyang tumakbo, ilang beses siya ninakawan ng mga campaign managers nya eh.

Manny should listen to the people not to the people giving him advices. Everyone right now wants him to continue fighting. Everybody wants to see him fight mayweather. Be it the respected boxing analyst, or the fans of the sport. And I think he should grant them this. He owes it to the sport itself and to the fans who subscribe to PPV and buy the tickets for making him what he is right now. And after fighting mayweather win or lose, he should say "I did accept this fight for you people who supported me and made me what I am!".

LET'S BAIT the ARROGANT FLOYD MAYWEATHER, JR. to Fight MANNY PACQUIAO

Sir, I think it should work both ways. Manny said that this will be his last fight because he plans to enter politics in 2010. If that will be the case the fight will not happen :( . What Im seeing is a scenario where Manny will have more PPV buys than Floyd. And floyd would be pressured to call out manny. Floyd be the trash talking punk that he is will have to taunt money and do some racist gestures against filipinos. And why not? He did this at the prefight conference during the hatton fight. He toyed around with the british flag. Then Manny would have to step up and defend the honor of his country.

Manny huwag kang tanga, wala kang mapapala sa pulitika, at wala ring mapapala sayo pulitika. Manny should grant what boxing fans are clamoring for, and that is a match between him and mayweather. This is history at its finest. Without the sport or without its fans, manny would have not be where he is right now. Mga lint