PacMan's Corner

menime

I don't understand why people would think that Golden Boy Inc. is fixing this fight.

ODLH breaks even if he wins (consider all the costs of production and promotion which his company is shouldering)

if he loses he would owe 30M

so how would the 'script' play out then?

ODLH is just looking for a good, safe fight from a name fighter who he thinks he can easily beat, so he can retire with his legacy intact. If he fights someone his own size and at his skill level, he'd get smoked and retire a loser.

Oh yeah definitely, It would be difficult for him to go after fighters that are on their prime like margarito and cotto. He would have gone for ricky hatton if he did not fight malinaggi. But of course to stay alive in the sport he needs to fight a fight he can win. He made a good decision on this one, fight an upcoming hall of famer who does have skills, but does not necessarily have the size advantage that he has. But hey MP is no tomato can either. It will not be a walk in the park for ODLH ang he knows this. Id say this fight is not a total mismatch.

On the contrary i have no respect or i totally lost any semblance of respect for pacquiao......Him deciding to fight Dela Hoya is a sham...a total digrace...very disrespectful for the the sport of boxing just for the sake of earning more money.....I am hoping that this fight is not scripted and that Dela Hoya beat the pacman till kingdom come....PWEH!!!!

I don't think MP should be criticized for taking this fight. I mean yes its for the money, but isn't that what he does for a living anyway? He boxes for money, to pay his bills, build his house, put his kids to school, establish business venture for his family. I mean why would any one risk hemorrhaging his head if it was all love for the sport per se? Of course take the fight where the money is good.

Besides, he did not exactly pick a fight that he could easily win with both hands tied behind his back. Thats what I felt when he fought unworthy opponents like oscar larios and jorge solis. This is oscar de la hoya he is fighting. Its a match between a natural light weight and a natural middle weight.

And sure as hell it will be a good fight.

bkit naman mawawala respeto mo kay pacquiao ...dahil "for the sake of earning more money"??

kahit saan mong anggulo tingnan at kahit sinong businessman ang tatanungin mo walang masama na ang pinaglalabanan nila dito ay paldo paldong salapi....

LAHAT NAMAN NG SPORTS INVOLVES TRILLIONS AND GAZILLIONS OF MONEY e....

un ang tinatawag na BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY...

Exactly! Why will you punish your body in training for 3 months, and risk getting a hemorrhage for a fight na di naman kikita. Kung magiging baldado ka na pagkatapos ng laban, you might as well do it rich di ba?

SARSWELA MAN TO O PALABAS MALAKING PERA PA RIN ANG KIKITAIN DITO at hindi lang naman si MONEY PACMAN AT DOLLAR HOYA MAKIKINABANG DITO

kundi buong industriya ng BOXING....

again FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME... sit back relax and enjoy the fight....

ung PANSARILING INTERES NG 2ng BOXER wag nyo nang icritic as long as they give us the BEST DAMN FIGHT for years to come!!!!

BE PART OF HISTORY ika nga......

Yung interes na lang nung mga kumakapit kat manny ang icritic nation hehe.

Kahit naman wrestling scripted din pero its still entertaining.

Ah basta kung manalo si Pacquiao, talunin nya agad si hatton tapos asarin nya ng todo sa mga press conferences si Floyd Mayweather para tumapak uli sa ring at labanan siya.

Manigas na lang muna si JMM sa lightweight division. Manny does not need another rematch with him. After 24 rounds at 4 na beses pa siya bumagsak, we know who is the better fighter

GALING ng vids na to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pd_TMQKHUI

oscar dela hoya's best win over

2006-05-06 Ricardo Mayorga WBC Super Welterweight Title 28-5-1 Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S. W TKO 6

2002-09-14 Fernando Vargas WBC Super Welterweight Title WBA Light Middleweight Super Title 22-1-0 Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S. W TKO 11

2001-03-24 Arturo Gatti 33-4-0 Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S. W TKO 5

1998-09-18 Julio César Chávez WBC Welterweight Title 101-2-2 Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S. W RTD 8

1997-09-13 Hector Camacho WBC Welterweight Title 64-3-1 Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S. W UD 12

1997-06-14 David Kamau WBC Welterweight Title 28-1-0 San Antonio, Texas, U.S. W KO 2

1996-06-07 Julio César Chávez WBC Light Welterweight Title 97-1-1 Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S. W TKO 4

Manny pacquiao's great battle

June 28, 2008 David Díaz 9th round TKO Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, United States Won WBC world lightweight title

March 15, 2008 Juan Manuel Márquez Split decision Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, United States Won WBC and The Ring Magazine world superFeatherweight title

October 6, 2007 Marco Antonio Barrera Unanimous decision Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, United States Retained WBC international super featherweight

April 14, 2007 Jorge Solis 8th round KO Alamodome, San Antonio, United States Retained WBC international super featherweight title

November 18, 2006 Érik Morales 3rd round KO Thomas and Mack Center, Las Vegas, United States Retained WBC international super featherweight title

July 7, 2006 Óscar Larios Unanimous decision Araneta Coliseum, Quezon City, Philippines Retained WBC international super featherweight title

January 21, 2006 Érik Morales 10th round TKO Thomas and Mack Center, Las Vegas, United States Retained WBC international super featherweight title

September 10, 2005 Héctor Velázquez 6th round TKO Staples Center, Los Angeles, United States Won vacant WBC international super featherweight title

May 8, 2004 Juan Manuel Márquez Draw MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, United States WBA and IBF world featherweight title

November 15, 2003 Marco Antonio Barrera 11th round TKO Alamodome, San Antonio, United States The Ring Magazine world featherweight title

July 26, 2003 Emmanuel Lucero 3rd Round KO Olympic Auditorium, Los Angeles, United States Retained IBF world super bantamweight title

June 8, 2002 Jorge Eliecer Julio 2nd Round TKO The Pyramid, Memphis, United States Retained IBF world super bantamweight title

June 23, 2001 Lehlohonolo Ledwaba 6th Round TKO MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, United States Won IBF world super bantamweight title

October 14, 2000 Nadel Hussein 10th round TKO Ynares Center, Antipolo City, Philippines Retained WBC international super bantamweight title

April 24, 1999 Gabriel Mira 4th round TKO Araneta Coliseum, Quezon City, Philippines Retained WBC world flyweight title

December 24, 1998 Chatchai Sasakul 8th round KO Tonsuk College Ground, Phuttamonthon, Thailand Won WBC world flyweight title

On the contrary i have no respect or i totally lost any semblance of respect for pacquiao......Him deciding to fight Dela Hoya is a sham...a total digrace...very disrespectful for the the sport of boxing just for the sake of earning more money.....I am hoping that this fight is not scripted and that Dela Hoya beat the pacman till kingdom come....PWEH!!!!

you should lose respect for Oscar and not Manny

Manny takes on the challenge of fighting a bigger man, in a weightclass he has never fought in, versus a guy who's a future hall of famer.

Oscar fights a smaller man, when there are other big name fighters in the same weight class that he's in (margarito, Pavlik, etc.), going for the easy payday instead of a true challenge

Oscar also gets a bigger portion of the purse at 67%, Manny gets the smaller 33% share.

Oscar also promotes this fight through Golden Boy Promotions.

now who's doing it for the money again?

don't hate Manny because he gets more money than you

he f*cking earned it.

it's not like he's a pretty boy rich kid, that got the fame he has because of his name. This guy sacrificed his body and literally his mind, and subjected himself to some of the toughest training and fights none of you will ever experience in your life. He's one good head punch away from a serious concussion and future brain damage

I've seen this kid way back when he was fighting on channel 13's blow by blow, he was around 19 or 20 years old then. All fire and brimstone, no tactics whatsoever, just lot's of heart and a really mean left hand. He was 106 then and none in our group of friends would have thought that this red haired phenom would get to where he is now. to come from that to one of the most respected fighters in the game right now is no small feat for anyone.

he has the right to be cocky and confident, he earned that right, he bled for it.

so to the Manny haters, I say to you

what have you done in your life?

Edited by Larry

why we cant respect pacman?

my video na pinapakitang todo ensayo si dela hoya, and he even admiited na he respect the explosive fist of pacman.

just cheer him on.

its a good to know that golden boy, a guy made far enough to ignore pacman's reputations admitted that he respect and recognized pacman's ability.

Exactly! Why will you punish your body in training for 3 months, and risk getting a hemorrhage for a fight na di naman kikita. Kung magiging baldado ka na pagkatapos ng laban, you might as well do it rich di ba?

Ah basta kung manalo si Pacquiao, talunin nya agad si hatton tapos asarin nya ng todo sa mga press conferences si Floyd Mayweather para tumapak uli sa ring at labanan siya.

Manigas na lang muna si JMM sa lightweight division. Manny does not need another rematch with him. After 24 rounds at 4 na beses pa siya bumagsak, we know who is the better fighter

We are actually doubting that our PACMAn couldnt bend over their Golden Boy! If we would just see what kind of fighter Pacman is in all of his fights,we will see a Pacman that never forgets the Filipinos that are supporting him all the way. as far as i can see, Manny will not just cater for the money but also to show the world that a small Pinoy could get the head of the bigger Oscar Dela Hoya in their eyes. He knows that he can beat The Golden Boy, he and coach Freddie would definitely planned this for a long period of time because they never under estimate their opponents but studied them very very well.

Manny will never bragged about what will be the result but i know the he knows what he can do and what he should not do...

With all of these things focused on Manny's heart and mind.. I will never doubt that our Filipino pride will emerge as the victor.

We are actually doubting that our PACMAn couldnt bend over their Golden Boy! If we would just see what kind of fighter Pacman is in all of his fights,we will see a Pacman that never forgets the Filipinos that are supporting him all the way. as far as i can see, Manny will not just cater for the money but also to show the world that a small Pinoy could get the head of the bigger Oscar Dela Hoya in their eyes. He knows that he can beat The Golden Boy, he and coach Freddie would definitely planned this for a long period of time because they never under estimate their opponents but studied them very very well.

Manny will never bragged about what will be the result but i know the he knows what he can do and what he should not do...

With all of these things focused on Manny's heart and mind.. I will never doubt that our Filipino pride will emerge as the victor.

<_< I was surprised when it was confirmed Pacman to fight Oscar. Seem odd becoz disparity (ht. & wt.) is too much

in favor of Golden Boy. But since its here... win or lose, I am for Manny all the way. Besides pacman has everything

to gain if he wins. Kaya nga Las Vegas ang fights. Boxers are gamblers too. Beat the Odds Pacman!!!

Nice observation Mr. Simpatiko... I do believe PACMAN can beat the odds regardless of those mismatches on height, weight & experience against Golden Boy.

We see on TV and news coverages how PACMAN trained, concentrate, focus his mind and body for this fight. WOW!!!! Amazing that he's not only after the money but also for the glory and prestige if he can beat the most decorated boxer of all time. LABAN NA TO....!!! Go, go, Manny!

:boo: :evil: