PacMan's Corner

menime

sarap ng feelings.! hehehe. kahit napuyat at mahal ang bayad sa hbo ppv ok lang kasi panalo naman ang pambansang kamao. galing talaga ni pacman.

btw. claim kami ngayon ng panalo namin against mexican canadians dito. 5,000 dollars din yun. heheheh.

halatang mga sugarol!

pero proud na proud talaga kami dito kay manny! mabuhay ka manny!

Napansin nyo din pala yung sinabi ko yesterday about dun sa Singer na pumiyok tpos after the anthem bumanat pa ng "LABAN PACMAN"

Iba klase talaga pinoy pag nasa ibang bansa Masyado Epal at Pasikat.

First Gentleman and some politicians umakyat ng ring.

Kailangan kakanta ng national anthem pinoy. hindi pde american citizen na pinoy blood.

kumusta na ba ang ranking? alam nyo ba? di ba ang no. 1 yung negro na tumalo kay morales :D

Prior to Sunday's fight, Manny was ranked No. 1 by the WBC and the WBO in the Jr. Lightweight/Super-featherweight division, No. 2 by the WBA (Morales was No. 2) and No. 5 by the IBF (Morales wasn't even rated). Zahir Raheem who defeated Morales in an earlier fight is ranked No. 3 in the lightweight division (135 lbs.) However, Rankings don't really matter match for the acknowledged top three in the division (Manny, Barrera and Morales) as the various alphabet governing bodies will surely make the necessary accomodations in rankings just to make a significant title fight happen.

Another ranking list that is noteworthy to look at is the pound-per-pound list which ranks boxers regardless of weight. In the numerous pound-per-pound rankings, Manny sits behind Marco Barrera and Eric Morales which I feel is an injustice even before the result of Pacquiao-Morales II. Ring Magazine lists Manny at No. 6 behind Barrera and Morales at Nos. 4 and 5 while Dan Rafael whose list appears at SI.com has Manny at No. 9 and even trailing Juan Miguel Marquez, Diego Corrales and Rafael Marquez which is just ridiculous. How can Manny trail the Marquez brothers who, although the best in their divisions, have not fought anyone of worth over the past twelve months or Diego Corrales who fought two fights with lightweight champ Castillo with mixed results, the first one ending in a late round rally knockout and treceiving a fifth round stretching in the rematch? The only knock on Manny by these writers is that he's not a technical boxer and thus would rank lower than other technical boxers like Marquez and Morales but that shouldn't take away his worth as a successful boxer on top of the ring regardless of the style that he uses.

The result of the Morales fight should catapult him to rightful place ahead of all the pretenders in the 126-130 lb class in all significant pound per pound list. I for one would want to see Dan Rafael eat his word as he has been too generous with his predictions that Morales will outclass Manny in the rematch. At the end of the day, writers and sports experts can come up with all the list s but the real measure is in the ring. Manny is lucky enough that he can go head to head with a couple of people who are on any significant pound-per-pound list to cement his stature. Bring on the next pretender!

good job manny!

inangat mo na naman ang pangalan ng PILIPINAS!!!

where are the doubters and the haters???asan na ang mga nagsasabing hindi kaya ni manny si morales???asan na ang mga nagkakalat ng tsimis na talo na si pacman???

i was really ticked when those rumors went out about manny losing the match to morales!and to think nanggaling sa kapwa pinoy natin ang balita!parang di natin kababayan si manny!i even saw one member here saying that manny got knocked down in the 4th!what's with all that crap?

anyway with the TKO that manny scored over morales i guess matatahimik na ang mga detractors ni manny and true to what i said in the first part of this thread EL TERIBLE will be reduced to EL MISERABLE.obviously PACMAN made life miserable for ERIK inside the ring!

CONGRATS MANNY!!!

BRING ON BARRERA!!!!!!!!!

Edited by bret_hart

PACMAN SPEAKS ABOUT VICTORY!

POSTFIGHT PRESS CONFERENCE

Report by Mike Sloan

Photography by Chris Cozzone

After his thrilling, epic tenth round stoppage of living legend and future Hall of Famer Erik Morales, Filipino superstar Manny Pacquiao spoke to the press about hid latest triumph. The post fight press conference only included Pacquiao, Martin Castillo and a brief appearance from Antonio Margarito. Morales didn’t attend the conference because he was taken to nearby Valley Hospital for precautionary observations.

Bob Arum: Tonight’s fight was a great fight. Of course it didn’t the way I would have liked it to, but I am content with it. Erik “El Terrible” Morales lost and was stopped for the first time in history but I can tell you that I am happy that a man like Manny Pacquiao did it. Manny is such a terrific young man, a wonderful person and a great fighter. If it was anybody else who stopped Morales, I would probably be very upset.”

“El Terrible” will not be attending tonight’s press conference because he was taken to the hospital for precautionary reasons. He should be fine but because he was knocked out, it is mandatory that he be taken to the hospital.”

“That first fight that was televised certainly sucked. At least Munoz/Castillo and, of course, Morales/Pacquiao made up for it. The guy who won (Jose Luis Zertuche) was supposed to fight Kelly Pavlik, but Pavlik got hurt and Marcos Primera came in on very short notice. Maybe he didn’t have enough training, I don’t know, but the fight was not what I like to put on TV.”

Martin Castillo: “Thank you everybody for coming here. I just want to thank my friends, family, my team, Bob Arum, HBO for this opportunity. I am very happy with the win tonight. I expected that Munoz be very well prepared, more prepared than last time, and he was. I think I showed the world who I am and that the first fight wasn’t a (fluke). Munoz is a great fighter and he is very powerful, but I was able to come back and win. I am very happy. I also want to make sure that people hear this; I am officially calling out (Jorge) Arce, (Fernando) Montiel and if I can’t get them, I’ll move up and fight (Rafael) Marquez.”

Antonio Margarito: “Thank you. I am ready for my fight on February 18. I am prepared to show a good fight against (Manuel Gomez). I think I am the best welterweight in the world and on February 18, I will show everybody why.”

Manny Pacquiao: “Thank you all for showing up. Thank you to my teammates, my family, my friends and all of my fans. Thanks you to Gary Shaw, Bob Arum, HBO and Thomas and Mack Center for making this fight happen. I just want to say that I heard that Erik Morales has been taken to hospital. I just pray for him and make sure he is okay. I know he’ll be fine but since it was because of me that he is there, I pray that everything is okay with him. I also want to thank all of you who went out and bought my music CD! (much laughter).”

On the rematch and how different it was this time

Well, this time I didn’t have any distractions. I fought the way I wanted to and I was just better. I think it was the body attack that really hurt him.

On being the first person ever to knock Morales out

It is such an honor. Morales is a legend; one of the best of all times. And to knock him out, to be the first person, it is great. I feel great about it. But again, I really hope he is okay at hospital.”

On the difference of the gloves

Freddy Roach: “Well, look at his face. These are puncher’s gloves and I think tonight was proof that the gloves make a huge difference.

Pacquiao: “I think the gloves worked great. They are very comfortable and I like them.”

When did you know you had Morales?

“I think I had him sometime in the eighth round. I knew the body punches were wearing him down and I knew that if I could keep landing them, I’d probably get him. My left hand was very (accurate), too. I think around the eighth, I knew I had him.”

Did he ever hurt you?

“No. He never hurt me. He is a very sharp puncher and a very accurate puncher, but tonight he never hurt me.”

What is next for you? Barrera? Marquez?

“Rest! I am going home to my country and I will rest. We will discuss who I fight next in the future. But first, I want to be with my family and friends. I want some rest!”

PACMAN

some post fight pics

http://www.ufcfightnews.com/01-morales-pacquiao2/images/postfight0059.jpg

http://www.ufcfightnews.com/01-morales-pacquiao2/images/postfight0049.jpg

http://www.ufcfightnews.com/01-morales-pacquiao2/images/postfight0029.jpg

http://www.ufcfightnews.com/01-morales-pacquiao2/images/postfight0054.jpg

Edited by bret_hart

Just to give you an idea on how destructive that first knockdown was, view the tape again.

You will see that upon receiving a strong left hook, Morales seemed to spin the wrong way (i.e. the source of the punch).

What actually happened was, he did sway the proper way (on his left) but since his feet were not in a position to roll with the punch, his body actually recoiled and spun the other way. God, that was a killer punch. Morales never stood a chance after that.

gapang hanngang may lupa ERIK!

http://www.ufcfightnews.com/01-morales-pacquiao2/images/pacquiao-morales2-0398.jpg

http://www.ufcfightnews.com/01-morales-pacquiao2/images/pacquiao-morales2-0399.jpg

http://www.ufcfightnews.com/01-morales-pacquiao2/images/pacquiao-morales2-0400.jpg

http://www.ufcfightnews.com/01-morales-pacquiao2/images/pacquiao-morales2-0403.jpg

http://www.ufcfightnews.com/01-morales-pacquiao2/images/pacquiao-morales2-0407.jpg

http://www.ufcfightnews.com/01-morales-pacquiao2/images/pacquiao-morales2-0408.jpg

http://www.ufcfightnews.com/01-morales-pacquiao2/images/pacquiao-morales2-0413.jpg

MANNY I AM SO PROUD OF YOU....FOR A SPLIT SECOND EVERY SINGLE FILIPINO IN THE WORLD WAS PROUD TO BE PINOY

....WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR YOU FOR PUTTING THE PHILIPPINES BACK ON THE MAP IN TERMS OF GREATNESS!!!! THANK YOU MANNY!!!!

THANK YOU FOR MAKING THE FILIPINO UNIFIED KAHIT SAGLIT LANG......MATAGAL TAGAL KO NA RING DI NASILAYAN ANG GANITONG PAGKAKAISA!!!

Who'll be next for Manny?

The most obvious answer is Marco Barrera. For three reasons.

First, it's the best money draw. Fight fans will pay more for a Pacquiao-Barrera II than any fight at the moment. Manny will make his biggest payday with this fight. Upwards of US $ 3M plus a share of the pay per view. Barrera shouldn't get a cent more than Pacquiao. If he insists, show him the tape of their last fight where he almost gut pummeled into retirement. As far as one upmanship goes, Pacquiao has the edge as Marco can't claim the bragging rights for beating the man (Morales) who beat the man (Pacquiao) who beat the man (Barrera). As far as bragging rights go, Marco and Eric are both Pacman's bitches now.

Second, Barrera has the titles (WBC and IBF). Titles have not been a big issue for pacman over the past few years opting to run after money making fights than chasing belts. If titles were his priority, he could have stayed at featherweight and ate up one if not all the titles offered by the alphabet boxing bodies instead of running after Barrera and Morales. This time, the stars have aligned to give Manny a chance of not only making a load of cash but also of cementing his legacy as one of the best ever in terms of titles won. When he steam rolls past Barrera, he will become the first Asian to win titles in three different weight classes and get ranked among the great featherweights of all time.

An earlier option for title shots is a fight with Juan Miguel Marquez but the latter just shoved his ass out of a fight with Manny by losing whatever draw he has for Manny to rumble with him: his titles (stripped). Had he fought Manny in the rematch before the first Morales fight, he probably had a better chance then of pulling one over the Filipino champion. Manny, if he shows up in every fight hereafter like the Manny of last Sudnay, will just chop JMM down to tiny bite size pieces. JMM for all intents is just a smaller version of Morales. A little bit faster but easier to hurt. And Pacquiao has shown in the latest Morales fight that he will have an easier time dealing with counterpunchers like JMM.

Marquez kissed his biggest money making fight by asking for equal sharing of the purse which is just nuts. He couldn't even get a decent purse bid for his next title clash and will have to travel to Indonesia for less than US $ 50k prize. If Manny ever gives this swell head a chance, the sharing should be 80-20 in favor of Manny at the very least.

Third, Barrera is the perfect opponent for Pacquiao. The older version of the Pacman was succesful and will be successful against co-brawler Barrera. Version 2006 would just be devastating.

I always have fears for Manny when he fights good classic counter punchers like a Marquez and a Morales but Pacquio has shown that he has learned enough to cut down counter punchers and negate the distance that they create to keep him at bay. Pacman is an improved boxer. He didn't change his style, he improved on it. Pacman will never be a boxer-counter puncher, he still relies on his big left and blitzing combos when he phone booths opponents or rampage over them in a frontal attack but he has also combined with this a deft understanding of attacking in angles, a strong jab and a vicious body attack and most importantly, a lot of patience in executing a fight plan. Pacquiao is maturing but the scary part is that he is still a long way from being the best fighter that he could possibly be.

God save the featherweight-lightweight divisions if the Pacman masters his new found crafts, develops his defense to become almost unhittable (he'll get there) and (gasp!) physically hit his prime to make his punches even harder (OUCH!!) and his resolve even tougher to withstand punishment. He'll romp away with everything in sight.