Concerts

bluechips

Razorback played in Club Dredd yesterday (Aug. 26).. Luckily, I was able to watch even with a busy schedule..

As we all know, Razorback has one member gone.. David Aguirre (who is now with Lokomotiv).. Manuel Legarda (Wolfgang) came in to jam and take Aguirre's place.. I think that this is the reason why Razorback did not really play the other songs that they were known for like Payaso, Tabi Ng Bulkan, Munting Paraiso.. I don't think that Manuel knew all their riffs..

Still, it was a top-notch performance.. Even with Manuel's guitar string getting broken, Razorback had to adlib and they did well.. Their rendition of Whole Lotta Love of Led Zep made everyone in Dredd head bang.. And it was funny, coz it was surprising to see that some youngsters know that 70's song.. hahaha...

Nice gig.. Loved it..

The most memorable concert I've been to was Phil Collins concert in Pasig City in May 1995. It was open air and open field and it rained! Everyone was soaking wet and umbrellas provided little protection. It rained very hard. The concert goes on. Those who had umbrellas open later decided to close their umbrellas and enjoy the wet frenzy.

I watched the Dawn, Sugarfree, Cambio and Gasulina in Club Dredd last Friday..

Gasulina is a band from Cagayan De Oro.. When I first heard them (which was two saturdays ago - also in Dredd).. I found them so-so.. But hearing them for a second time, I would say that the have improved playing live.. Maybe, the reason was they were nervous two saturdays ago, coz that was their first stint at Dredd..

Sugarfree was okay.. Cambio was okay.. Both played 4-5 songs..

The Dawn came up the stage at 2:00am.. The crowd was getting thinner because of the time.. Still, some of us (hardcore fans) stayed.. But alas! The Dawn only played 4 f#&king songs.. Sheesh!!! Susi, I Stand With You, Enveloped Ideas and Beyond the Bend.. Although it was treat to see them live after so many freaking years, nabitin pa din ako.. It was a good thing that they played my fave song.. "I stand With You.."

Next up.. I am planning to go to this Dredd gig this coming Saturday.. Deceased, Death From Above and Kabaong (KNK) are playing.. hahaha.. Metal naman!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

It finally happened - we went and saw Marilyn Manson in concert last Friday, August 31.

We got to the Reliant Arena pretty early and whiled the time away people watching. The Manson didnt get on til 10:30 but there were two acts that played ahead of him. A local band whose name I cannot remember and whose 22 minute set sounded like they played one whole song continuously and Slayer.

Slayer was loud. Slayer was mean. Slayer rocked. A lot of the people actually felt that Slayer should have been the main act. But nope. Nothing compares to the showmanship and total entertainment experience that goes with a Manson concert.

He played nonstop for an hour and a half. His vocal quality never suffered. His voice sounded exactly like he sounds on a CD. He played mostly songs from his new album, and I dont have any complaints about that. Of course he played my current fave - his cover of Sweet Dreams by the Eurythmics.

Treat for the night - a sexy girl, dressed in a maids outfit walks in pushing a cake on a cart. Manson sings to her and snaps her head off; sings to the head for a while then dumps the head on the cart. Sexy girl walks off. Creepiness.

It was a magical lights and sound show that I wont forget for a long time.

Angst and androgyny rocks !!!

Josh Groban Live in Manila

Oct 17 and 18

PICC

Oct 17 - by invitation only

Oct 18 - Tickets will be available on Sept17

Price range: PhP5,000 to PhP25,000.00

OMG!!! is this true!!! gusto ko pa naman syang mapanuod... IDOL ko talaga ito eh.. ok na sana kung sa araneta kahit sa pinakatuktok pa basta marinig ko lang ng live yung boses nya..

When Wyld posted about her attending the Manson/Slayer concert a few days back, I was so envious I almost killed myself.. haha.. :lol: Hell, I told myself.. I'd better ask some of my friends to watch the Gods of Metal gig in Club Dredd yesterday (Saturday) with me.. But instead of them coming, only one of them accompanied me.. I guess, my friends would rather go to KTV's/MP's than to watch a Pinoy Metal gig.. :angry:

Kabaong (ex-members of Kabaong Ni Kamatayan), Death After Birth, Resurrection and Deceased are some of the bands' names that I can remember.. Except for Resurrection, all of these bands are old death/thrash/metal bands that I heard before.. All I can say is that they are really old na.. hahaha.. A bit of my age and some members are even older than me.. Still, the attitude and the looks are there.. hahaha...

Kabaong played cover tracks from Rigor Mortis (Foaming at the Mounth) and Death (Pull The Plug).. Resurrection played mostly original compostitions but when they played Megadeth's "In My Darkest Hour," the place seemed to rock even though there were only a handful of us watching.. (I guess, heavy metal is really on the downward slope here in the PI..)..

The last band was Deceased.. Deceased is actually a punk band who cross-overed from punk to metal (if you listen to their first album, "Never Rest In Peace" in the TRC label - you would hear them as raw as ever as their metal influnces has yet to overshadow their punk roots).. Hence, the members had diverse influences.. And they are the oldest band there.. Circa early 90's pa sila.. It gave me goosebumps watching them play.. My friend and I were laughing because we never thought that this band would still exist after so many years.. Sabi nga ni Ray Decay (Deceased's frontman).. "This is called.. Punk N' Roll.."

Deceased played mostly Motorhead songs (Ace of Spades and Killed By Death).. And a fast-paced Juan De La Cruz song (Kagatan).. But their punk roots would really come into focus as Ray Decay spit and cursed on the air.. much to the delight of the audience and his fellow band members.. All in good fun, naman.. The last song was Urban Bandits' "No Future Sa Pader.." My favorite Pinoi Punk song.. That song made the hairs at the back of my neck stand up.. At that time, me and my friend were looking at each other with grins on our faces.. We can't help but be in awe as we listened to one of the bands that we listened to in High School.. (BTW, IOV's drummer was the one who played drums for Deceased -- matanda na.. rocker pa din.. haha!!)..

After the gig, we left Dredd contented and happy.. I wish Patrick would do a second Gods Of Metal show.. or to gather all the old punk bands (Wuds, RDA, IOV, Betrayed, Dead Ends, Private Stock) and do a revival of sorts.. ala "Katrina's Live" 2007.. hahaha... :cool:

Edited by revi

itong concert na ata ni Josh groban ang pinaka mahal na concert tickets na nadinig ko dito sa atin. parang yung 2nd day attendees ang magbabyad para dun sa first day na by invites lang.

sayang, i would really want to see this concert din talaga, but for 10 grand sa date nyo plus dinner, hmmm. i say its not worth it, bili na lang ako ng dibidi at may pang goodtime pa.

• 2 weeks later...

Oct 17 and 18

PICC

Wow, this is a dream come true--but then again, the ticket prices are so high. Who is promoting him here anyway? I simply don't like these elitists who think they are the only ones who have the right to listen to songs like Josh's by pricing the tickets way out of the common crowd's range. There is a need to get Josh Groban more known to many Filipinos, and making him inaccessible will not cut it.

• 2 weeks later...
I remembered attending the Metallica concert in March 1993. It was held at the ULTRA baseball area. Boy, it was an experience I will never forget. I was 17 at that time, spending summer vacation as a freshman of Arch in UST. When I went there the road leading there was so crowded. Vehicles and pedestrians crammed Meralco Avenue from Shaw to the street going down St. Paul's. I also saw lots of people. People of all colors, sizes, backgrounds (coños and jologs) where there. Old and young, everyone seemed to want to see Metallica perform live.

From the long lines people where singing Metallica songs like "Sad But True" and "Enter Sandman". Honestly, I think they looked stupid. I was and still am a Metallica purist. I've loved their albums from k*ll 'em All up to And Justice for All. From the "black" album onwards, they, in my book, sucked big time. Sorry for the side note, but that was to give a background for my comment. It seems most of the people seeing the concert knew Metallica by their then newest album the "black" album which I really disliked. They never knew the thrash metal the band was so notoriously good at.

To cut the story short, I got seated in the mid-section priced at PHP750.00 and was seated at the back of the band The Dawn. They where with their dates! The front act was opened by Advent Call, they were booed because of being so arrogant on stage. They did Sex Pistol's Anarchy in the UK. The second act was Razorback, woah they knew how to rock. The audience went wild when they did JDC's Beep Beep!

After their number Metallica was introduced, the audience even got wilder! No one was able to sit during the whole show, the audience were pumped up! You'd think everyone was on drugs! It was at the concert that the claim that Metallica never missed a beat or they sound the same as you listened to their albums during live performances are true! Hanep sa galing! :thumbsupsmiley:

I loved it when they played Phantom Lord, Seek & Destroy, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Creeping Death, Master of Puppets, One, Harvester of Sorrow and Battery! I guess I loved all the songs they played! Ibang level sila nun, and their performance was not short of profanities either. :thumbsupsmiley:

Sa sobra ganda ng show nagwala mga jologs sa bleachers and they tried entering the lower boxes nag upakan tuloy mga security. Overall, it was the best concert I attended. It also for me was Metallica's last act of being heavy. Years and albums went on and they lost their touch. Nawala ang thrash, ni heavy I would not consider it. If I could bring back time, I'd love to be in that concert again! :blush: Peace!!!

alright dude you got it all about that night. but you forgot 2 things. When advent call lead vocalist 'kevin roy' i think, jumped to the crowd form the stage expecting the crowd to catch him....walang sumalo. tumabi bigla and he fell hard to the floor. parang nag part yung red sea bigla. it was hilarious. one more thing when the security and some skwating crowd was throwing chairs and stuff at each other...the song playing was 'seek and destroy'. ! How well timed!

http://www.fliptunes.net/PMS.jpg

Those who loves music...this is your time to witness the Philippine Male Singers (formerly San Beda Male Chorale) now conducted and directed by the famous arranger/composer Mr. Robert Delgado. A debut concert before they go and compete and represent Philippines in Busan, South Korea. Tickets are P200.00 only.

Oct 17 and 18

PICC

that is freakin' expensive. his music is boring anyway IMO.

i would probably doze off during the intro of first song... come to think of it no. sayang yung binayad ko.

it ain't worth it for 12 to 15 songs? puhleeeze.

:thumbsdownsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...

just got back from The Smashing Pumpkins concert ...

the light show was kick ass ... the set list was mixed .. some new songs and some old songs best set would have to be hummer->tonight,tonight->disarm->1979... but the song that made this concert worth my 60 bucks would be ....today for finale.. corgan's still got it