Smart, Globe Or Sun?

Ano ang Cellphone Line Mo?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Ano ang Cellphone Line Mo?

• Smart
    • Globe
    • Sun

i recently had problems with my globe broadband subscription. i was advised that it would take 3 days to resolve the problem. since i wasn't willing to go unconnected for 3 days, i decided to get a usb modem based connection for the meantime. the one offered by sun is the first that i saw and turned out to be most reasonably priced at P888/mo. upon being reassured that i will get connected that same night, i signed up for one.

night came and no service. i called up their hotline (which was so hard to get a hold of) late that evening and was advised this time that connection normally takes 24 hrs and that i should just wait. shhhhhhhhhhht i thought. after all, i did buy this thing so that i could be connected in the meantime.

morning came and i tried out my new sun portable once more and again, no connection. i then went to the sun shop where i got this thing and inquired if i was doing something wrong. they tried the device and told me that there really wasn't any connection. upon consultation with someone inside their office, the clerk assisting me came out grinning while telling me to just wait another 24 hrs since their connection was down and was up for repairs. thinking that i haven't even started and service was already this bad, i returned the modem and asked for a refund.

getting out, i spied a globe tattoo modem and got one. this in turn didn't have any connection problems as i was able to use it right away. problem is, it's connection is as slow as hell. using it was so frustrating that i haven't even used up the free hour or two that comes with it (parang homepage lang ng yahoo! ang na download ko sa isang oras). and i have no plans of using it anymore.

moral of the story, save yourself some grief and don't settle for these lame-ssa products.

• 1 month later...

I have no brand loyalty.

Before i used Globe when i was still working in QC.

I switched to Smart when i starting working in my current job for the simple fact that it has wider coverage (they weren't lying about this). Since i travel a lot, i needed a service provider with better coverage outside major cities and towns. Their customer support sucks though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The title of this thread should've been "Who Gives the Better Service?"

Kasi Sun does not give any service most of the time, so it should not even be discussed.

And this is coming from someone who is concurrently subscribing to all 3 phone companies, for business reasons.

Sa Globe, excellent customer service.

Pero panalo ang Smart sa coverage.

Ang Sun, talo in both categories. Kaya lang kelangan ko pa din ng Sun, because many customers prefer calling with it. Bummer.

naka smart ako ngayon, pero para sa akin mas ok ang service ng globe in terms of billing.

taena 6 mos. ng laging delayed dumating ang billing statement ng smart, tapos text ng text na overdue na daw yung acct ko. eh paano ako magbabayad eh wala ngang dumadating na billing??! mga @$%^&!! :angry2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

smart, globe... but if your getting postpaid plan try getting globe instead less hassle at may unlimited call and texting unlike smart wala unlimited text talo ka dito and when roaming if your plan is below 1800 you need to dep 2500 unlike sa globe 500 and up na plan no need for dep..... mukha pera smart......

Edited by scionmd
  • 1 year later...

Have tried mobile phone services of all three and don't have too many complaints. Might be getting a backup phone as well next year so it's all going to boil down to utility I guess.

As far as the mobile (USB dongle) internet service goes though, pretty disappointed with Tattoo. Speed and stability are terrible in the places where needed.

Looking forward to Smart's 3G+ service when coverage reaches the areas I frequent. Major hype during the Jump launch...