• 2 weeks later...

Those who drive up to Tagaytay and does not know this yet.

Going down to Taal Lake is just around 30minutes away. If you go Tagaytay early then you can just go down to Talisay town and explore. The Talisay wet market offers fresh (live) tilapia and often enough Tawilis. The market has also some kind of a "Bay walk" which gives a great view of the lake and the volcano island. Of course a day trip to the Volcano island is also nice.

Half day in Talisay then go up Tagaytay to start relaxing until evening would be a nice schedule.

You also have the option to approach Talisay from Star Tollway, then after exploring Talisay, you can go up Tagaytay again.

In Tagaytay, if you like Italian food, try Boun Giorno, in the same place there are lots of other restaurants and dessert shops.

• 5 months later...

there's no shortage of hotels in Tagaytay, whether with view of Taal Volcano or not. You just do a Google search or check Trip Advisor.

mga idol, may alam po ba kayo na matutuluyan ng overnight sa tagaytay ? yung maganda po yung lugar at hindi naman masakit sa bulsa yung rate. siguro mga budget nsa 5k for the stay may kasama na siguro almusal yun..., tapos ok din sana kung malapit sa mga public transpo, salamat po ^_^

I posted weeks ago looking for a bang for the buck hotel/ b&b in Tagaytay. Well, I guess I've already found it myself. :D

Daj Suites - Botique Hotel is located right after the "Welcome to Tagaytay" signage. It's location is not as prime as to other hotels like Taal Vista or Estancia but it's still close to establishments. It's not for guests looking for Taal Lake view. It's for people looking for a value for money accommodation.

I did my research and ended up booking for an overnight stay next month even if it's not yet our anniversary. Hahaha. Just to try and confirm if the reviews online are really true.

Hotel rates start at P2,000 (double) to P3,500 (family room for 4-8) with complimentary breakfast and unlimited brewed Amadeo coffee throughout the stay (sounds like a deal for coffee drinkers). Plus ALL rooms have BATH TUB and separate rain shower with hot&cold water. They have open parking space with CCTV and 24 hours room service.

Did I mention that there's NO EXTRA CHARGE even if you exceed the recommended number of people per room (Do I hear a threesome? Foursome? Orgy, perhaps? :lol:). Plus they have an indoor swimming pool and lanai where you can grill. So better bring meats to grill, booze and some food. Why? Cause there's NO CORKAGE FEE.

No wonder why it's currently the #1 B&B in Tagaytay on Trip Advisor.

So if you're on a TIGHT budget but looking for an affordable but not screaming cheap hotel in Tagaytay, I think Daj Suites it is. :)

Watch out for my FR after our stay. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

If I may add,

If you are a newbie driver, you may have to consider driving through sharp, narrow and steep curves dangerous .... similar to bitukang manok in Quezon.

Rain will also make the trek more difficult

You also have the option to approach Talisay from Star Tollway, then after exploring Talisay, you can go up Tagaytay again.