Your Travel Journal

Guest batabatuta

• 3 weeks later...
good morning people! :) ako din, pa-share. though i've noticed, dami palang well-traveled people dito. sama nyo naman ako next travel nyo.Ā  I just love airplanes and the seas eh.Ā  Promise, I'll bring my own cam! :)

Ā 

anyway I've been to:

Ā 

Manila, Quezon city, Pasig, ParaƱaque, Pasay, (pampahaba lang ng listahan po..), Bulacan, Baguio, Laguna, La Union, Iloilo, Tacloban, Cavite, Tagaytay, whole of Bicol...

Ā 

Hongkong - when i was little :P

Ā 

Bangkok - ATTEMPTED to shop kaso walang pera.. :P

Ā 

France - Paris, Lourdes (prayed and prayed, and prayed..)

Ā 

Italy - Rome, The Vatican (prayed, and visited the late Pope John Paul II)

Ā 

Portugal - visited the town where sister lucia and her companions saw the apparition... :)

Ā 

Spain - Burgos, and other places where there were a lot of churches ...

Ā 

London - side trip lang....

Ā 

Germany - nakidaan lang...

Ā 

US - will live there! hahahahah asa pa?!? :)

Ā 

Singapore - sa JULY! :))

Ā 

lupit mo..pati cavite at quezon city isinama mo? lagi ako dun e.. i have been to trece martires, tanza, bacoor, dasmarinas, naic, gen. trias..

Ā 

pinakamalayo na narating ko e vancouver canada, been up to the top of the mountains there,from whistler to grouse mountain, black tusk, whirlwind..

• 3 weeks later...

England

Germany

Ā 

Canada: Vancouver, Victoria Is.

Ā 

Mexico: Tijuana, Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, Cozumel, Merida, Chichen Itza, Xel Ha, Xpu Ha, Playa del Carmen, Isla Mujeres

Ā 

Carribean: Antigua, St Kitts and Nevis, St Martin, Jost Van Dyke, St Barths, Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Jamaica

Ā 

US: California Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado,New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Washington DC, Georgia, South Carolina,Virginia, West Virginia, Florida, Louisianna, Alabama, Texas, Tennessee, Missouri, Mississippi, Arkansas. Kentucky, Oklahoma, Kansas, Illinois, Nebraska, Iowa,Indiana, Wyoming, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, Guam and Puerto Rico

Ā 

Hong Kong

Japan and Okinawa

South Korea

Ā 

French Polynesia: tahiti, bora bora, huahine, raiatea, moorea

cook islands: rarotonga

Ā 

Philippines: La Union, Pagsanjan, Kaliraya, Hidden Valley, Baguio, Clark, Subic, Coron, Busuanga, Puerto Princesa, Cebu, Mactan Is., Calatagan, Hundered Islands, Tagaytay, Boracay, Ilo Ilo, Bacolod, Anilao, Bohol

Ā 

New additions: Just came back yesterday from a short vacation in the US Virgin Islands (St Thomas, St John), Netherlands Antilles (St Maarten), and Bahamas (Princess Cays)

Edited by eagleyes

Local:

Albay, Laoag, Vigan, Pagudpud, Tuguegarao, Isabela, Baguio, Pangasinan, Pampanga, Bulacan, Quezon, Batangas, Mindoro, Palawan, Marinduque, Sorsogon, Bacolod, Iloilo, Davao, Cebu, Surigao

Ā 

International:

London, Paris, Marseilles, Madrid, Milan, Rome, Venice, Florence, Vienna, Salzberg, Frankfurt, Munich, Berlin, Hong Kong, Seoul, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Chicago, Rochester, Buffalo, New York City, Vancouver, Alberta, Maryland, DC, Carolina, Florida

I suggest this thread be improved by giving tips to readers about the places you have gone to. This could include enumerating must see places for a specific city for example. Sharing info regarding entrance fees to theme parks, etc, as well as what hotels, inns, or guesthouses you would recommend because of cost or what have you would be of invaluable help.

Ā 

There is actually no point in listing down all the places you have gone to...no one would actually care. But adding tips and info about thouse places you have gone into would add value to this otherwise worthless thread.

I suggest this thread be improved by giving tips to readers about the places you have gone to. This could include enumerating must see places for a specific city for example. Sharing info regarding entrance fees to theme parks, etc, as well as what hotels, inns, or guesthouses you would recommend because of cost or what have you would be of invaluable help.

Ā 

There is actually no point in listing down all the places you have gone to...no one would actually care. But adding tips and info about thouse places you have gone into would add value to this otherwise worthless thread.

On the contrary, I don't think its worthless. Besides, It wasnt meant as a 100% tour guide thread although additional inputs are highly encouraged. I, being the thread starter, simply wanted and actually cared to know where you guys have been. At 145 posts to date, I believed it served my purpose :)

ilocos norte...

Ā 

pa-reserve sa fort ilocandia... thru their manila ofc...

Ā 

very accomodating ang staff... they monitored our travel from manila to ilocos...also upgrade our free breakfast for two to breakfast buffet...

Ā 

saw ms imee marcos...ganda pa rin nya...

Ā 

went to the different museums and churches to include the marcos museleum...

• 2 weeks later...

Just USA (haven't been to other countries yet):

Ā 

1) Reno, Nevada (February, 1998) - First state I visited when I became an immigrant. Was with sister and brother-in-law. Stayed at the Hilton and watched Airius (or something like that). Had beginner's luck by winning $25 when I placed .25cents at a slot machine. Had skiing lessons at Squaw Valley. Watched people bungee jumping. Made my first snowman with a Starbucks cup for a hat.

Ā 

2) Southern California (March, 1998) - Flew alone for the first time (domestic).Stayed at my Dad's house for a few days before moving to a friend's flat. Was toured by my former editor around Hollywood, Beverly Hills and Pasadena. Went to Universal Studios for the first time. Tried to enter a bar (can't remember what) but was turned away by bouncer who thought I was below 21 and had a fake ID. Moved to different bar Moose's where my female friends flirted with the bouncer so that I could get in. :D

3) Anaheim, California (June, 1998) - Was with sis, brother-in-law and Mommy. Stayed in a cousin's condo in Signal Hill. Went to Disneyland for the first time. Shook Buzz Lightyear's hand. Waved at Arielle.

Ā 

4) Las Vegas, Nevada (June, 1998) - Was with sis, brother-in-law and Mom. Stayed at the Mirage and played a lot of arcade games. Watched the "exploding volcano" outside and the war of the pirates over at Treasure Island.

Ā 

5) Monterey, California (May, 2000) - Was with sis and brother-in-law. Stayed at the Marriot. Did the 17-mile scenic drive. Went to the Cannery and the Aquarium. Ate at Bubba Gump's. Placed feet inside Forrest Gump's shoes and had my picture taken. Ate the best cinnamon bun in California and it's not Cinnabon.

Ā 

6) Anaheim and San Diego, California (September, 2001) - Was with my sis, brother-in-law and nephew. Stayed at Peacock Suites (5 nights) and Hyatt Islandia in San Diego (2 nights). Re-visited Disneyland and Universal Studios. Had EB with cyberfriends at Downtown Disney. Went to San Diego Zoo to say hi to relatives. :P

Ā 

7) New York, New York (October, 2002) - First trip I made all by my lonesome. Had an EB with a male nurse friend who took me to the usual sites like Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Empire State Building, Times Square, Central Park, Metropolitan Museum of Art. Stayed at the Stanford Park Hyatt (4 nights) and Grand Hyatt New York (3 nights).

Ā 

8) Washington, DC (May, 2003) - Was with a cousin who dragged me to the US capital when she learned that I got depressed because I couldn't go to the Phils due to the SARS scare. Stayed at Grand Hyatt Washington (3 nights) and Hyatt Regency Washington (1 night). Visited the different Museums. Loved the Holocaust Memorial and the Smithsonian. Took a bus tour and went to Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Thomas Jefferson Memorial and other memorial parks I can't remember. Visited the White House ... from afar. Darn 911!

Ā 

9) Anaheim and Long Beach, California (September-October, 2004) - Stayed in Hyatt Regency Orange County (5 nights with family) and Hyatt Regency Long Beach (5 nights with ex-bf). Re-visited Disneyland and Universal Studios. Got knee injury inside SFX studio (was too excited to be picked as sound efx volunteer and stumbled on the way to the stage) and was rushed to the theme park's clinic. Left Long Beach in crutches and filed for a two-month disability for knee to heal. What a remembrance. :thumbsupsmiley:

These are the places I've been to stayed in for anywhere between one (1) night to almost two (2) months:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Philippines

Ā 

1. Ilocos Norte (Laoag and Batac)

2. Quezon Province (can't remember which part this Kainan restaurant is)

3. Olongapo City (Subic)

4. Pampanga (San Fernando, Bacolor, Mabalacat, Macabebe, Mexico, Porac, San Luis)

5. Bulacan (Malolos and Paombong)

6. Laguna (Los BaƱos, Pila, Sta. Cruz, Caliraya)

6. Tagaytay City

7. Bicol Region (Sorsogon)

8. Mindoro (Bulalacao and Calapan)

9. Palawan (Taytay)

10. Cebu City

Ā 

Ā 

USA

Ā 

1. California (LA and San Francisco)

2. Arizona (Scottsdale)

Ā