Your Travel Journal

Guest batabatuta

Guest kikay168

the best place for me was las vegas. stayed at luxor, ung pyramid. wow talaga.. and every hotel offers something extra ordinary kaya nakakaaliw talaga dun.

slot machines everywhere. coins here and there. yuko ka lang may mapupulot ka na quarters or dollars. i even won $300 playing the slot machine, and to think $3 lang money ko that time.

sarap talaga dun. :rolleyes:

I will be going to work in Paris,France for the next 4~5 months, baka naman pwedeng magbigay ng tips ung mga may experiences na living and working on that city, such as how much will be the average daily expenses, where is the best (but cheap) place to stay, ay filipino community where i can be with, etc.

I've been in this city before, but only for short time and it was almost 4 yrs ago, so im sure a lot have already been changed. I appreciate in advance for those who can give me some insights.

So as not to be OT, below are the countries i've been to:

1. Burkina Faso - Africa (work)

2. Cameroon - Africa (work)

3. Ivory Coast - Africa (work)

4. Chad - Africa (work)

5. Ho Chi Mihn, Vietnam (work)

6. Republic of Georgia (work)

7. Lithuania (work)

8. Frankfurt & Sttutgart, Germany (visit a friend)

9. Paris, France (tour)

10. Brussel, Belgium (tour)

11. Hongkong (tour)

12. Singapore (tour)

Philippines- Palawan and Cebu!

Germany - Frankfurt and Amsterdam. Nice bunch of people. I just can't stand the weather sometimes.

USA - My hometown Jacksonville!!! syempre saan ka pa :boo: Home of the Jaguars :cool: OK din sa Las Vegas... like HHH would say...what goes in Vegas stays in Vegas hehehe If you wanna migrate to the states...This is a good option coz' they'll always have a job 4u out there. San Francisco is a great place...great weather....large filipino community but grabe sa taas ng cost of living...a very small apartment here cost you roughly around $2.5k a month....f**k! New York and Chicago...Two of the most incomparable places in the world like one poster would put it. People here are very straightforward but in a good way at least 4 me...wala nang paligoy-ligoy pa. Washington medyo boring ng konti pero tolerable basta matiyaga ka. California syempre ok dyan... I used to go in Vallejo, Sacramento, San Diego and Anaheim to visit mah relatives... Florida...my state of course! :cool: ...the girls man! the girls :cool: atsaka ang climate dito halos walang pinagkaiba sa Pilipinas...minsan pa nga mas mainit pa duon kaysa dito... New Orleans ok din!

sa Asia naman, Hongkong Singapore at Thailand.

sa Pacific, I've been to Papua New Guinea (Medyo magulo dito dahil sa tribal wars), Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, Fiji (great place to retire hahaha) at Tokelau....

sa Europe other the Germany, London of course, Wales England, Switzerland Sweden...and the granddaddy of them all....the place I wanna stay as often as I can...well at least as far as my budget can get me...AUSTRIA...I am totally head over heels sa lugar na toh. :cool:

Sa Australia naman, sa Melbourne, Sydney Brisbane at Adelaide...mostly business trips.

For me, travelling to other countries is an opportunity to savor new flavors. Below are the countries I have visited in the last 12 months and the food that I liked in each country.

1. Switzerland (2 times) - Cheese fondue

2. Singapore (4 times) - Laksa, satay

3. Hong Kong (3 times) - xia long pao, hot pot

4. Korea (2 times) - kimchi, rice mixed with vegetables and beef in hot rock bowl

5. Malaysia (1 time) - mutton curry

6. Indonesia (1 time) - satay

7. Thailand (1 time) - tom yum goong, pad thai

8. Shanghai - xia long pao, steamed fish topped with chili peppers

Pinas: Ilocos, Bicol, Cebu, Bora, Davao, Bukidnon, CDO, Leyte, Iloilo, Romblon, Mindoro, Aurora, Negros

Asia: Japan, Korea, china, taiwan, singa, malaysia, Hkg..../australia

Europe: Germany,france,italy,UK,spain,Netherlands,Switzerland,liechtenstein,Austria,

Africa: Egypt

NorthAmerca:Arizona,Cali,HAwaii,Alaska,Wash,washdc,oregon,idaho,NV,texas,IL,NY, NJ, MA,VT, VA,LA,Florida,kentucky,Canada

drive around: ohio,tenessee,PA,NH,Georgia,Mississippi,WestVirginia,Delaware,MD,,AL,CT

Pinas: Vigan, Tuguegarao, Cabanatuan, Zambales (with Subic of course), almost all of Bulacan and Pampanga, Rizal, Laguna, Cavite, Quezon, Camarines Sur (Naga), Albay(Leagspi), Northern and Easten Samar, Aklan(Boracay), Marinduque(I'm from there), Iloilo, Bacolod, Dumagete, Cebu, Bohol, Cagayan de Oro, Camiguin, Butuan City, Surigao City, Siargao, Davao, Zamboanga, Iligan City, Marawi City

Asia: Hong Kong, Jakarta, Medan, Yogyakarta, Bali, Tokyo, Fukuoka, Osaka, Kobe, Hakodate, Singapore, Malaysia (KL and Penang), Thailand (Bangkok, Ayutthaya, Phuket, Phi Phi), India (Mumbai, Agra, Delhi, Bangalore, Jaipur), Pakistan (Karachi and Islamabad), Bangladesh (Dacca and Chittagong), Sri Lanka (Colombo and Kandy), Korea (Seoul, Busan)

USA: LA, SF, Chicago, New York, Seattle, Orlando, Miami, Boston, Philadelphia

Canada: Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal

Central America: Mexico (Tijuana, Mexico City, Cancun, Guadalajara)

Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane

Europe (lived in UK, studied and worked for 4 years): Almost all of England Scotland and Wales, Portugal, Spain, France, Andorra, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Ireland, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Russia, San Marino, Liechtenstien, Poland (toured most of Europe when I bought a 3-month rail pass and went all around it, also during long weekends and school breaks and holidays you can travel a lot too)

My dream now is to go to South America and go on an African Safari

• 3 weeks later...

local: boracay, baguio,tagaytay,batangas, laguna,bicol, abra,ilocos

foreign: europe- uk(london), france(paris,versailles), germany(frankfurt),spain(madrid,toledo),portugal(lisbon,cascais), turkey(ankara,istanbul),italy(rome,venezia,florence,pisa), india(bombay,new delhi),indonesia(jakarta,surabaya),thailand(bangkok),malaysia(kuala lumpur),saudi arabia(jeddah,riyadh,damamm),uae(dubai), sri lanka(colombo, nuara eliya,kandi), pakistan(lahore),us(new york, washington,florida,virginia),japan,singapore,egypt, morocco(casablanca,rabat) ,south africa(johannesberg) :)

Local:

North - La Union, Baguio, Pangasinan

Central - Zambales, Pampanga, Tarlac

South - Cavite, Batangas and Laguna

Far South - Iloilo, Cebu and Davao

Foreign:

Hongkong (4 times) - HK Island, Kowloon, New Territories, Lantau

Malaysia (twice)- KL, Kota Kinabalu

Singapore (4 times)- small place =P

Thailand (twice)- Bangkok, Phuket

USA (4 times)- Illinois (Chicago), Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Georgia (Atlanta and Decatur), Florida (Orlando, Pensacola), California (San Francisco, Sacramento, Daly City, San Diego), Lake Tahoe, Nevada? (Reno)

These other places, I've only been to the airport :P

Korea - Seoul - just at the Inchon airport, waiting for a connecting flight

Japan - Just at the Narita airport waiting for a connecting flight

Kuwait - Just at the airport waiting for a connecting flight

London - Another bummer - waited for a connecting flight at the Heathrow airport

Hawaii - Honolulu airport

Baguio City - Crystal Cave and Bejajeng

Batangas - Anilao (nice beach) and Tagaytay

Aklan - Boracay and Caticlan City

Bataan - Corregidor

HK - Aberdeen (Fisherman's Wharf), Mong Kok, Repulse Bay, Temple Street, Tsim Sha Tsui, Causeway Bay and Kowloon Peninsula

USA - Anaheim and NY

CANADA - Winnipeg-MB, Brandon-MB, Altona-MB, Saskatoon-Saskatchewan, Regina-Saskatchewan, Edmonton-AB,Jasper-AB, Banff-AB, Calgary-AB, Drumheller-AB (Dinosaur Capital of the World)

Europe, hopefully in the near future.

India - too much to cover in a lifetime...

U.K. - London, Surrey, Sussex, Kent, Blackpool, Stratford upon Avon, Oxford, Bath

Europe - Belgium, France (Paris is's the cleanest of cities!), Switzerland, Germany

Dubai - pretty amazing what these guys have been able to build in a bloody desert!

Philippines - Baguio, Batangas, Puerto Galera, Pagudpod, Vigan, Boracay, Tagaytay

cayman island, jamaica, cozumel (mexico)

minneapolis, virginia, delaware, new jeresey, new york, north/south carolina, georgia, orlando florida

anaheim, los angles, san francisco, lake taho, las vegas, san antinio, galveston, houston, pennsylvania, philly

amsterdam, rome, zurich, paris, london, vatican, nuremberg, salzburg, vienna, prague, budapest, zagreb (formerly in yugoslavia), frankfurt, vancouver

hongkong, singapore, tokyo

cebu, tagaytay, baguio, batangas, pampanga, tarlac, pangasinan

Manabu -Sto.Tomas,Batangas 7X

Mt.Halcon Mindoro 1X

Tarak Mariveles,Bataan 2X

Corregidor 2X

Mt.Pulag Benguet1X

Maculot Cuenca Batangas 4X

Mt.Sembrano Rizal 1X

Majayjay Falls Laguna 3X

Gulugod Mabini Batangas 3X

Daguldol san Juan Batangas 1X

Capones Island Zambales 1X

Mt.Makiling Sto.Tomas-->Los banos 3X

Sagada - 1X

Mt.Napulauan Banawe - 1X

Mt.Tapulao Zambales 1X

Mt.Natib Bataan 1X

Buntot Palos Pangil Laguna 1X

Pico deloro Cavite 1X

Kota Kinabalu Malaysia 1X

guys try nyo mindanao. maganda dun, kung gaano ka panget yung road papunta sa pupuntahan nyo ganun ka ganda yung place. very untouch parang virgin talaga hehe :)

mati

bislig

agusan

zamboanga

gen san

Laoag, Vigan, Baguio, Sagada, Isabela (Cauayan, Santiago, Solano), Subic/Olongapo, Clark, numerous towns in Bulacan, Batangas & Laguna, Boracay, Puerto Galera, Masbate, Legaspi, Naga, Ormoc, Maasin (Leyte), Iloilo, Bacolod, Dumaguete, Cebu, Cotabato, Midsayap, Kidapawan (Mt Apo!), Tacurong, Marbel, Gensan, Puerto Princesa, Coron... ang ganda ng Pilipinas!

Sa ibang bansa ang napuntahan ko pa lang

Hongkong, Malaysia, Jamaica, Cuba (sobrang ganda dito, lalo na mga chicks!)

Guest simply_miss

For those who loves travelling... there will be a TRAVEL MART EXPO on Sept. 9 to 11 at SM Megamall Trade Center from 10 am to 8pm.

There will be big discounts for some local and international destinations....

Avail nyo..sayang :)