Singapore Travel - Hidden Secrets

MGa kabayan,Any feedback about Value Hotel Thomson? Kita ko sa net, cheaper sya compare sa hotel along orchard road. Previously we stay at lucky plaza renting a room charging 170 sgd, lately gusto 200 sgd na. TrIed iBis balliester ok naman pero cheaper ata value hotel. I am on a medical treatment At mt. Elizabeth hospital kaya maximizing all my finances for my health .

Hi addick,

been staying with this hotel everytime i go to sg. ok ung hotel kasi malinis. bago rin ung mga gamit sa hotel. when it comes to accesibility, mejo maglalakad ka pa to go to Novena MRT or you can ride the bus pero mga 2 stations lang ata to. personally, this is a good hotel na for me. bago, malinis and ok din naman mga tao.

Hi addick,

been staying with this hotel everytime i go to sg. ok ung hotel kasi malinis. bago rin ung mga gamit sa hotel. when it comes to accesibility, mejo maglalakad ka pa to go to Novena MRT or you can ride the bus pero mga 2 stations lang ata to. personally, this is a good hotel na for me. bago, malinis and ok din naman mga tao.

Sir / Mam

Thanks a lot for the info. I might consider this on my next treatment.

1. get a passport

2. save some money

3. scout for a place to stay - those mentioned above and make an itinerary

4. book a flight and buy ticket - Singapore is part of ASEAN

no need for us Pinoys to secure VISA .... same goes to/for Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Brunei

I want to go to singapore someday....

I want to go to singapore someday....

other than the pointers sir LOMEX gave you, I do suggest you fly TIGER AIRWAYS -- much cheaper, less hassle though the downside is sa diosdado macapagal international airport lang siya, which is no problem if you have somebody na maghahatid sayo....

:)

also, ok yung mga flight attendants nila....

other than the pointers sir LOMEX gave you, I do suggest you fly TIGER AIRWAYS -- much cheaper, less hassle though the downside is sa diosdado macapagal international airport lang siya, which is no problem if you have somebody na maghahatid sayo....

also, ok yung mga flight attendants nila....

chief AFAIK meron na via NAIA

absolutely true. i don't mind driving an hour and a half to clark...anyway one is assured of a hassle-free process at DMIA.

true, the people there are helpful and the IMMIGRATION process is a breeze, downside is matagal lang dumating bag ko palagi, hahaahaha but other than that, no sweat!!

anyways, will be going to SINGAPORE then to LOMBOK, ok ba service ng FA's sa JETSTAR?? first time ko flying JETSTAR eh....thanks!!

^^ Sometimes, DMIA Customs agents are the pitts...like one time we went to India via Singapore using Tigerairways, haler, bakit daw kami pupunta dun anong meron dun? He made us bring out our documents even office IDs. Yun pala, the lady before us was not permitted to board and some they asked for a few pesos. Harrowing!

^^ Sometimes, DMIA Customs agents are the pitts...like one time we went to India via Singapore using Tigerairways, haler, bakit daw kami pupunta dun anong meron dun? He made us bring out our documents even office IDs. Yun pala, the lady before us was not permitted to board and some they asked for a few pesos. Harrowing!

well, to be fair, I haven't had any problem going to singapore because my sister lives there......so, I just show them my sister's address in SINGAPORE and walang problema....

pero that's bad ha, may mga ganung incidents pala...

anyways, will be going to SINGAPORE then to LOMBOK, ok ba service ng FA's sa JETSTAR?? first time ko flying JETSTAR eh....thanks!!

as per my experience, jetstar flies on time. the FA's are foreigners, haven't encountered a Filipino cabin crew who works for Jetstar. When I flew to Singapore, FA's are more of Chinese looking type. But going to Australia, they're Brit-looking which I assume they must be Australians. their service is okay nothing special so far wala naman nag-sungit or biatch na FA. aircraft is like Cebu Pacific, ang sikip.

Edited by girlspeed

true, the people there are helpful and the IMMIGRATION process is a breeze, downside is matagal lang dumating bag ko palagi, hahaahaha but other than that, no sweat!!

well i guess i can live with a slightly delayed bag...just compare this to NAIA 1.

haven't tried out jetstar to singapore...it's been always tiger and cebpac via DMIA.

as per my experience, jetstar flies on time. the FA's are foreigners, haven't encountered a Filipino cabin crew who works for Jetstar. When I flew to Singapore, FA's are more of Chinese looking type. But going to Australia, they're Brit-looking which I assume they must be Australians. their service is okay nothing special so far wala naman nag-sungit or biatch na FA. aircraft is like Cebu Pacific, ang sikip.

thanks junix and FACEBOOK FRIEND girlspeed for the heads up...hahaha

• Like (+1) 1

thanks junix and FACEBOOK FRIEND girlspeed for the heads up...hahaha

btw TWB, don't try to rebook your flight at Jetstar on the phone, it will take you F-O-R-E-V-E-R. Then one time, I chose this cheap seat at Jetstar going to Singapore, (without check in baggage) about $10 cheaper. I got excited packing that I used a bigger luggage. I was at the airport when I realized that I can't check it in. I ended up paying additional $60. My mess. Whatthefudge.

btw TWB, don't try to rebook your flight at Jetstar on the phone, it will take you F-O-R-E-V-E-R. Then one time, I chose this cheap seat at Jetstar going to Singapore, (without check in baggage) about $10 cheaper. I got excited packing that I used a bigger luggage. I was at the airport when I realized that I can't check it in. I ended up paying additional $60. My mess. Whatthefudge.

ok thanks again, I do think my sister booked it, the one who's based at SINGAPORE.....

• 4 weeks later...

hi! guys suggestion naman ng nice pero affordable na hotel sa singapore..

we will be going there this August with my family..meron kayang around P2500 lang per night (including taxes/other charges) na malapit na rin sa mga tourist spots? kung yung room is good for 2 persons lang, how much

kaya additional kung 3 kami, sharing na lang ng bed or free na?. nakita ko sa mga website like yung hotel 81 sa geylang, around 2k lang yata per night kaya parang hindi maganda place, kasama ko kasi mother and sister ko.

pa suggest na rin ng iterinary like places to eat and to visit...sunday ng 2pm dating namin, alis namin ng sg wednesday afternoon, almost 3 days lang.

Thanks!

we will be going there this August with my family..meron kayang around P2500 lang per night (including taxes/other charges) na malapit na rin sa mga tourist spots? kung yung room is good for 2 persons lang, how much

kaya additional kung 3 kami, sharing na lang ng bed or free na?. nakita ko sa mga website like yung hotel 81 sa geylang, around 2k lang yata per night kaya parang hindi maganda place, kasama ko kasi mother and sister ko.

pa suggest na rin ng iterinary like places to eat and to visit...sunday ng 2pm dating namin, alis namin ng sg wednesday afternoon, almost 3 days lang.

Thanks!

if you're looking for a place to stay, try to stay as near as possible to orchard road or lucky plaza bro, so you wouldn't miss home that much kasi madaming pinoy, don't know much about the rates as I usually stay with my sister's place....but as for good restos -- try to visit BUGIS and the mentioned ORCHARD ROAD and LUCKY PLAZA to do your shopping and there are lots of cheap but very nice meals there...it's really weird when you're in LUCKY PLAZA tapos SUNDAY, para ka na ding nasa Pilipinas, hehehehehe

madaming mga helpful pinoys naman there bro so I suggest you browse the internet for some cheap but nice motels or hotels....

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

try mo geylang area...only problem lang, this is Singapore's Red Light District so medyo hindi magandang view for the kids..pero ok naman dami pang kainan na mura even on wee hours..Try mo dun yung Fragrance or hotel 81 nagkalat dun....

try mo geylang area...only problem lang, this is Singapore's Red Light District so medyo hindi magandang view for the kids..pero ok naman dami pang kainan na mura even on wee hours..Try mo dun yung Fragrance or hotel 81 nagkalat dun....

yeah,. you see lots of people drinking in the wee hours of the morning, I even bought hainanese chicken rice for 2.50 Sing Dollars, hahaha

• 4 weeks later...

Stayed in the Geylang area for about a week, pero not along Geylang road, dun ako sa Sims Ave., which runs parallel to Geylang Road. The rates there are the same as the rates on those hotels along Geylang ( Cheapest in Singapore ), but you don't get the feel na napalibutan ka ng pokpok, although they are just 3 minutes walk away. Food along that area is cheap, mahal lng talaga ang beer. The hotel I stayed there is called Amrise, ok naman cya, malinis, very accommodating ang staff and the room is relatively big. I mean relative to rooms in Singapore and Hong Kong na malilit talaga.

Try Hangout @ Mt Emily. Its in a residential area within the vicinity of Dhoby Gaut and Little India station. Both Dhoby Gaut and Little india stations are 10 mins walk away. For sure tahimik sa area, I consider this a high end Hostel type with a good crowd of guests.

They have a 4D3N package at 400 SG nett na ata so its a over the prce range you mentioned pero definitely sure ka sa linis at ambience.

Thanks!