• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Call Center Side Effects

question: why do you envy people working in a call center? you dont need to be in a call center to improve your communication skills. just need practice. you know, like what your doing right now, your communicating!

but i admire your willingness to learn.

i worked as a am speak trainor in a call center. the beat advice i can give you is think in english when you speak not in tagalog then translate to english. but thats just for english. communication skills are honed by talking to people and interacting with them.

just try it out.

no offense bro or sis but there is no such word as "trainor"...it's "trainer" (look it up in the dictionary)

i am a process trainer to for one of the IT giants in the US and this is a very basic error that I doubt a real "AM SPEAK TRAINOR" would commit. (not to mention some of the grammatical errors in your post)

i hope that we are not working in the same company (i think not) because if we are, I would have to take a closer look at our recruitment standards.

i just thought you'd might want to try your advice on yourself first before serving it to others...

• 2 weeks later...
question: why do you envy people working in a call center? you dont need to be in a call center to improve your communication skills. just need practice. you know, like what your doing right now, your communicating!

but i admire your willingness to learn.

i worked as a am speak trainor in a call center. the beat advice i can give you is think in english when you speak not in tagalog then translate to english. but thats just for english. communication skills are honed by talking to people and interacting with them.

just try it out.

pero kung gusto mo talagang maging slang na slang ang salita i suggest manirahan ka sa america if you have the ways and means to do that hehehe. at least doon mas lalo kang gagaling magsalita tinalo mo pa ang mga nagwowork sa call center. kasi pagka nasa us ka nakakausap mo ng personal ung mga kano. at nakakausap mo sila ng harapan. unlike pag sa call center ka lang sa phone mo lang sila makakausap. iba pa rin ung nakakausap mo ng harapan ang isang tao kesa sa telepono lang. eto lang tandaan mo ung mga kano bobo rin naman sa grammar yan. kaya wag kang maging conscious.

as for me matagal na akong resigned sa call center. no more sleepless nights for me and irate callers. masaya na ako sa current situation ko right now. :cool:

Well callcenter is the place to be for people having difficulty in finding jobs related to their course(for newly grads) or field (for those who have job experiences already) and needs to earn for a living. While you are still reeling from the harse effects of unemployment, why not try this industry? Am sure you won't be bored right away with this kind of work as a call center agent. My still unemployed batchmates are asking me if there are Vacancies in our dept (IT) in the cc and so I told them to try agent positions first and then try their applications for the IT dept if there are openings thru the internal hiring program of the company. And they are like: oh, never mind. If I didnt get the job here in IT in the first place I really would try the agent position. BTW I started in this company as an OJT as the last pre-requisite for my College Graduation from there I acquired the skills and know-how at least in the Callcenter-IT level. But CallCenter IT is really less challenging than the IT in other industries. The downside of starting in this position is that I gain less experince because its really not that tough as compared to other branches of IT which is imposing future problems of having Inadequate skills when I decide to try other Industry's IT. But am glad I was able to help my parents with the expenditures at home. And regarding the health issue, I was able to sleep about 6 hours at home, during the bus ride going home, and around 2-3 hours of my shift at the office (sobrang walang ginagawa) I also walk about half a kilometer going home as an exercise plus using the Abwheel at the office and playing basketball on restdays. I also don't smoke and drink coffee. yes you heard it right, I dont drink coffee probably the only one in the industry without any dose of caffeine except fro the occassional Kopico coffee candy as a change (sukli) from the jeepney terminal. To make me up, all night I drink lots of water around 3-4 refils of my water bottle (600ml). I grew up on a healthy lifestyle so I think that keeps me going in the industry otherwise, I wont last may good 10 months of stay here so far. :)

pero kung gusto mo talagang maging slang na slang ang salita i suggest manirahan ka sa america if you have the ways and means to do that hehehe. at least doon mas lalo kang gagaling magsalita tinalo mo pa ang mga nagwowork sa call center. kasi pagka nasa us ka nakakausap mo ng personal ung mga kano. at nakakausap mo sila ng harapan. unlike pag sa call center ka lang sa phone mo lang sila makakausap. iba pa rin ung nakakausap mo ng harapan ang isang tao kesa sa telepono lang. eto lang tandaan mo ung mga kano bobo rin naman sa grammar yan. kaya wag kang maging conscious.

as for me matagal na akong resigned sa call center. no more sleepless nights for me and irate callers. masaya na ako sa current situation ko right now.  :cool:

I don't wanna flame on airmax coz we work on the same callcenter and even play basketball with him, I just want to correct some points on whet he said. In my part, I have no experience in taking calls coz I started in IT right away but I do some telecons with the IT execs in the States and Also assissting VIPs from the Companies that we cater to whenever they visit our center by helping them connecting their laptops to the network, discussing system specifications, etc, etc. as compared to the agents who were just talking to American Household who, oftentimes described as ill-mannered. Its hard on my part talking with the yanks thru telecons and face to face conversation by just relying on my English 101 during my first years in college. I really admire the people on the phones for their skills that is a multi-million dolar industry. So we should never underestimate the reps for their contrbutions in the American Industry and the pilippine economy :)

just want to share with call center folks...

the previous night, i was unable to log on to the internet. i have dsl; my provider is sbc (name recently changed to at&t after at&t was bought by sbc). i did some troubleshooting (checked my configs, my lines, power cycled my equipment, etc.). everything checked out, but still no connectivity. so yesterday, i called tech support. by chance, i got a CC person from the philippines. he said his name is "G". i tried to make casual conversation with him but he said they are not allowed to do so. he would not even tell me which particular office he works out of.

he did a line test; that seems to have been the problem, and i was able to get on the internet. he also opened another trouble ticket for the telco to check out my line. he was courteous, professional, and did a great job. if anyone of you know him, please give him my thanks for a job well done.

Sana sinabi mo dun sa agent: If you don't talk in tagalog; I wanna talk to your supervisor! :lol:

6. sanay kang maglaka-lakad ng nakamedyas.

naka-paa pa nga lalo na kapag umulan...

8. di na dugo ang dumadaloy sayo, kape na. nung nagpaospital ka ang nilagay sayo dextrose na my instant coffee.

44. na inlove ka nsa kape...

Kalokohan. I never got addicted to coffee even STARBUCKS but I do have a fave...

11. pumuputi ka na dahil di ka na naaarawan.

Depende, meron din naman mga morning shift eh... pati tanghali...

12. sanay ka nang matulog kahit maingay sa loob at labas ng bahay nyo.

Hindi pa rin... Nabubulahaw pa rin me at mas lalong dina me maka2log ulit...

13. kinalimutan ka na ng mga kaibigan mo dahil existing ka lang pag tulog na sila.

Madalas kamo gusto kong lumabas sa gabi at wala me mayaya kasi wala ng tambay sa amin. Hehe...

15. di ka na sanay sa traffic. papasok at pauwi sa trabaho walang traffic.

Kahit hindi nagmamadali, pumapara na agad ng TAXI eh ang dami naman BUS...

17. lahat ng kasabay mo sa jeep pag papasok ka, pagod na. ikaw lang ang bagong ligo at bagong gel.

kapag madaling araw(early morning shift) eh mga GRO ang mga nakakasabay pati na rin snatcher, holdupper pati mga lasing... Langya...

18. maski sa bahay, mabilis kang kumain.

36. sanay ka ng kumain sa harap ng pc mo kahit nsa bahay...

hindi kasi kaharap PC kapag kumakain habang nakikipag-chat at nagbabrowse...

21. wala ka nang pakialam sa buh

Ikaw yun ako meron pa... :lol:

22. nahihiya kang magpunta sa mga reunion lalo na't alam mong successful lahat ng ka-batch mo.

Hindi rin.. kasi marami din me kabatch na nagwowork sa CC.

23. sasabihin mo field ng trabaho mo IT, di call center.

Eh IT naman tlga kasi TECH SUPPORT... di naman field ang call center eh.. Makes sense ???

38. mas malaki sweldo mo sa mga ka-batch mo, nagkakanda-kuba na sila sa trabaho nila

26. pag payday... olats lahat sweldo ng mga kaklase mong board passer. (8k per month lang sila) isang kinsenas mo na yun..

Commision/SPIFFS lang kamo yun, bukod pa sweldo dun...

27. pag day off mo n lang ikaw nkakapaanood ng Eat bulaga at MTB

Di na ako nanonood nun... kasi ang CORNY...

29. nde mo n alam itsura ng mall...

Eh pano mangyayari yun eh parang bahay ko na nga yung mall eh kasi pagpasok at pag-uwi laging dumadaan muna dun... pati pag-kain...

33. puro kalyo na wrist at daliri mo.

dati ng may kalyo daliri ko pero wrist wala noon...

37. papasok ka sa ofc na nka-jeans, tshirt and cap (astig!)

kapag summer nga naka-shorts at sandals lang...

46. sanay k na makarinig ng napakalakas n pag singa ng sipon... dahil sa japs..

Yung TM kamo namin ang lakas ng saltik ng laway kapag nagsasalita sa CONCALL...

59. yung iba dito na nakakahanap ng kabit nila eh........

57. dito ka na makakakita ng gf, bf, or asawa. wala ka ng time maghanap sa labas.

Uhmmm.... FUBU lang... Hehe...

62. libre parking mo sa building, klasmeyts mo nagbabayad araw-araw ng parking.. hahahaha

pano nagyari yun ??? klasmeyts eh nagwowork kna nga eh...

66. naka id ka pa kahit nasa jeep

loyal eh... Hehe....

67. kaya mong tiisin na nde palitan ang damit mo ng 16 hours

putik dating kawork ko 48 Hours kamo at di naliligo kaya yung amoy...ayun pamatay ipis...

Ewewwww!!!

68. pagtinanong ng mga ka tropa mo kung ano ang sinusupport mo... sabihin mo yahoo.com (hahahaha)

ang tanga naman nun. di na lang sinabing MIRC. Acheche!

71. Nasanay ka nang may katabing TL na hindi umuuwi. pagpasok mo nandun na. paguwi mo nandun parin.

Yung isang kasama ko na hindi TL eh pagpasok ko yun ang suot, pagbalik ko sa gabi yun pa rin ang suot at andun pa rin sa kinauupuan nya... Hehe...

77. nagkaroon ka ng galit sa mga hapon at sana iniisip mo na kasama ka sa pangalawang dgmaang pandaigdaig at pingapapatay mo yang mga *&^%$$#@# hapon na yan!

Pati sa mga KANO na ang kukulit at hirap paintindihin...

85. yung ex mo may kasama ng iba

Pati kamo yung current BF/GF mo... Hehe... Pati ASAWA mo my kasiping ng iba kasi lagi kang wala sa gabi... hehe... :evil: :evil: :evil:

89. d2 ka na nakatikim ng kape na may ipis

Pati double dead beef flavored na HAMBURGER...

95. nakakita ka ng artista na nagbebenta ng pgkain sa pantry.

si BENTONG yun...

97. d2 ka na expose sa tapa king, zuppa, yellow cab, jugnos, bermuda hotel's pancit canton, wendy's. north park, star bucks,

Pati sa mga SAUNA, MASSAGE PARLORS at MTC...

99. ice tea ka lang, mga kasama mo.. beer!! syet!

hindi ah... beer nga kaagad eh ke aga aga around 6AM...

106. d2 lang ako nakakilala ng mga taong ang tindi managarap...lalo na pagdating sa mga babae

Sinabi mo pa... :evil: :evil: :evil:

I don't know any school if you're refering to a university or college, formal schooling that is.

You can checkout INFORMATICS instead, they offer CALL CENTER short term courses. It usually takes 4 or 6 weeks.  :headsetsmiley:  :headsetsmiley:  :headsetsmiley:

oic..thanks for the info..aside from informatics...to anyone does sti or ama or other school(universities and college) offers this course??thanks in adv!