The Honda Lovers Thread

Just wondering why the x-trail 2.5 got 180 hp while the crv's 2.4 got only 156? a clear mismatch?.....well, d gud thing for crv owners is the resale value  :cool:

because they're engineered differently. even the same engine from the same manufacturer is engineered for different vehicles. take the highly regarded nissan 3.5 liter VQ engine for example. it is used for the nissan altima and maxima sedans, nissan 350z sports car, nissan murano SUV, nissan quest minivan, infiniti g35 coupe and sedan, and the infiniti fx35 cross over vehicle. all have different horsepower and torque ratings.

Just wondering why the x-trail 2.5 got 180 hp while the crv's 2.4 got only 156? a clear mismatch?.....well, d gud thing for crv owners is the resale value  :cool:

Engines are tuned to give either more torque or more horsepower. Vehicles with large and heavy bodies need more torque to get it moving faster from slow speeds. Honda probably put more emphasis on initial pulling power than top-end speed.

because they're engineered differently. even the same engine from the same manufacturer is engineered for different vehicles. take the highly regarded nissan 3.5 liter VQ engine for example. it is used for the nissan altima and maxima sedans, nissan 350z sports car, nissan murano SUV, nissan quest minivan, infiniti g35 coupe and sedan, and the infiniti fx35 cross over vehicle. all have different horsepower and torque ratings.

Yup! My Serena has the same engine with X-trail, yet x-trail produce 150bhp while mine only 145....but this (crv and x-trail) is clearly a market mismatch, alot of buyers are much aware of horses under d hood these days....thanks anyway! :)

Edited by hilars888
Engines are tuned to give either more torque or more horsepower. Vehicles with large and heavy bodies need more torque to get it moving faster from slow speeds. Honda probably put more emphasis on initial pulling power than top-end speed.

But in reality it's the torque that really counts.......Like the saying goes "Horsepower sale cars, Torque win the races" :)

Edited by hilars888
  • 2 weeks later...
sa honda mismo...well at least for me medyo mura na yun. i always have mine done in honda kalookan. bougth it in 1999 pero mukha pa rin syan bago.

I agree pro nabadtrip ako eh minsan may naglagay ng INITIALS nya dun sa ilalim ng kotse ko nung nagpagawa ako sa HONDA PASIG taena badtrip tlga! matgal b4 ko nalaman na meron nanggago! so nde ko na maireport kse bka sabhin lng nila na nde dun ginawa. t** cla! KAINIS! balak ko pa nmn magpawax n whole wash sa kanila mura lng nmn eh 700 -800 ata kso nde pa ksama yung wax

• 1 month later...

My civic 99 is still doin good after 110000 km. engine ok ilalim nagpalit na pero ok nanaman. Gusto ko service ng honda pag dinala mo sa casa kmpletos rekados pati mga recommendations kasama. Yung toyota ko ok din namn 96 exsior takaw lang sa gas. Service wise bulok sa toyota antagal mo na nakatambay wala pa asikaso. Sa Isuzu naman pinaka bulok ang service para mong dinala sa talyer mabuti pa sa gas station mo nalang dalhin kesa sa casa ng isuzu.

• 2 weeks later...