The Honda Lovers Thread

Toyota: cheap and available parts, medium maintenance

Honda: expensive parts, yet low maintenance

Honda is actually on the high maintenance part, their parts doesn't last as long as Toyota's and their service is pretty expensive as well (at least the honda dealers I know of), parts also wear down fairly quickly and expensive.

If you're buying within the next 6 months, then hands down CIVIC. The reason is not performance or looks, its simply riding the timing of the model changes. Buying a civic now means you got a new car for the next 4 years at least. Buying an altis now means you got a new car for maybe 1 year then luma na sya.

• 1 month later...

add ko lang daming kasing nag comment tungkol sa parts ng honda e, di nyo ba pansin na every shop na nagbebenta ng toyota parts e meron na ding honda? pati nga nissan and mitsu available in one shop diba???

i go for orig parts kasi i don't but it anywhere else kung di sa casa especially kung sa makina yung piyesa sa mga kagaya kong mapili if you're going to compare casa parts from honda and toyota parts pareho lang ang price nila.

i have a gli an the vtec peroformance halos pareho lang. masa madating lang talaga vtec kasi ang toyota lalo na yung big body version soryy (toyota fans) ginawang taxi sa mga hotel to kasi e kaya kahit saan ka lumingon e alam na!!

civic pa rin ang ganda ng suspension

ganda ng suspension ng civic? i disagree.. by far masmaganda suspension ng altis.. yes cguro masmatulin ang civic, but its not all about speed.. comfort din e.. im fine with the altis 1.8.. d naman kelangan sobrang bilis.. as long as comfortable ka and masarap ang drive mo..

ang toyota gnagawang taxi ng mga taxi companies, true.. pero wondered why? kasi masmatibay ang toyota.. if hondas or any other brands are better, then they should have went with that brand.. tho im not sure if honda allows this..

dagdag ko lang.. panget naman cyempre na kotse mo nakikita mo gnagamit as taxi.. pero halos wala naman taxi na altis.. vios lang dumadami.. bsta for me in a span of 8 years, ive had 4 hondas.. 2 accords, 1 civic and 1 city.. sold the accords and civic, got me an altis.. very very happy with it.. far better and more comfortable drive.. bought me a city after.. should have went for the vios.. the city sux big time..

• 1 month later...
I'm looking at changing the wheels and mags to something bigger but I'm reluctant that it might affect the ride. Ayoko pa naman ang bumby, has anyone tried putting a 17-inch wheel on their CRVs? How was it?

I have a friend who changed the Rims on His CRV to 17's with 55 Series Tires... The Ride Improved compared to Stock!

ang pangit ng ride ng stock... SOBRA!!! para kang naka sakay sa owner! tang inang yan! lakas din sa gas ng p#ta! bitin pa power!!

or to improve the ride, maybe palit springs and shocks plus rims and tires... :cool:

Edited by mAIRj
any 2003 crv owner who experienced problems with the air conditioner?

a few months ago, i had the airconditioning system of my crv practically replaced in full. i changed the compressor, evaporator and condenser all at once since the compressor exploded contaminating the oil renderring the evaporator and condenser useless. the service crew of sanden told me that i was the 4th 2003 crv owner who brought their unit due to compressor trouble. apparently this is a common occurrence for 2003 models. any of you guys experienced the same?

had my AC Control Unit replaced 2 months back... Dealer Findings... they could not determine why!!! stupid mutha fcuks!

ganda ng suspension ng civic? i disagree.. by far masmaganda suspension ng altis.. yes cguro masmatulin ang civic, but its not all about speed.. comfort din e.. im fine with the altis 1.8.. d naman kelangan sobrang bilis.. as long as comfortable ka and masarap ang drive mo..

ang toyota gnagawang taxi ng mga taxi companies, true.. pero wondered why? kasi masmatibay ang toyota.. if hondas or any other brands are better, then they should have went with that brand.. tho im not sure if honda allows this..

no need to wonder why sir, ang honda kasi bawal gawing taxi. it's not because mas matibay ang toyota but because hindi pumapayag ang honda na gawin taxi ang car nila.

guys im a member of altisclubphilippines, i would say na both cars are good. pero mas ok sa altis... meron mas ok sa civic.

price.. mahal tlga honda.

ride.. mas malambot ang civic

looks... match lang except stock.. mas angat ang civic sa stock. pag napormahan ang altis kayang pantayan ang civic... u can check www.altisclubzz.com for altis club philippines and http://club7thgen.proboards28.com for civic 01 - 05

parehonf local car clubs yan and makakaibigan kme whether altis or civic

guys im a member of altisclubphilippines, i would say na both cars are good. pero mas ok sa altis... meron mas ok sa civic.

price.. mahal tlga honda.

ride.. mas malambot ang civic

looks... match lang except stock.. mas angat ang civic sa stock. pag napormahan ang altis kayang pantayan ang civic... u can check www.altisclubzz.com for altis club philippines and http://club7thgen.proboards28.com for civic 01 - 05

parehonf local car clubs yan and makakaibigan kme whether altis or civic

i agree both cars are really nice. best in their class. i personally love civics though i wouldn't mind having a corolla. personal choice lang yan but both cars are worth getting