The Honda Lovers Thread

The altis is used extensively in Thailand as a taxi. I don't think a taxi tarnishes brand image. Rather it reinforces the image that the vehicle is sturdy.

If the following is true: Altis is cheaper to maintain than a Civic. Then the resale value of an Altis should not be lower than a Civic since the target market of second-hand vehicles are the less-affluent (budget conscious) buyers. The buyers of second-hand vehicles will like an Altis because they can buy replacement parts easily and have the car serviced anywhere.

In Australia the Altis is a Camry but they have the Altis model but its the base model line up above that is the Ateva (luxury) line up and then the sporty range Sportivo.

I'd have to go with the Camry but on the bases of the Sportivo model with a V6 Quad Cam power output of 145Kws...even the 4cyl Sportivo version carries a DOHC 4cyl with 121Kw power output...

The base model Altis carries a DOHC 4cyl engine wth 112Kws & the Ateva carries the same engine too but that model is the Luxury line up with everything standard.

The Civic here is gay its like a Pokemon car esp the 5 door hatch...no power, SOHC engines, cheap car but expensive tag, no more coupe editions only the sedan or the hatch, the Type R is expensive & rare to buy with slight power difference...96Kw Hatch & 88Kw Sedan, the Sedan is better looking IMO

thats my opinion however i dunno if the power outputs are the same in Filz and what engine you guys have etc...

the Sportivo model:

http://camry.toyota.com.au/TWR/content/static/9210.jpg

the gay Pokemon Civic:

http://www.honda.com.au/civic/hatch/image%20gallery/vi_track_04.jpg

My CRV 03 is more economical than my Serena 03....but its ride is a little jumpy especially when Iam driving alone unlike softer ride of Serena....I also felt that my Serena has more pull in the 1st gear.....Havent compared it with X-trail......however, I did drove it for a brief time; still thinks that CRV is the better SUV.......btw, I got both of them before the price increase.......

Dude I agree, siguro around the city with moderate traffic (the kind I encounter) it can take you a maximum of 9km to a liter (mine is the 2003 4X2).

If the price is right I'd go for a classy diesel na lang. Right now, what is very good is the Fortuner, 1.4m nga lang yung diesel, naka pila ako pero December pa ang earliest accoding to Toyota.

i need tip...buying a crv pero i've heard talgang nasa 6-7 km/li lang ang consumption? is this true? wud u advise me to go for diesele SUV/AUV na lang like the crosswind Xuvi?

Dude, I believe the best way to move your jetski is to pull it rather than mount it on the roof. Baka mahirapan ang CRV pag nasas taas. I've seen bigger SUVs (a land cruiser) who used a wagon like device to mount the jetski and pull it like a trailer truck.

Magkano ba jetski ngayon?

Does anyone of you have traded your stock stereo for a dvd player with monitor and stereo in 1? preferably japan made.......and medyo OT na to, but where is the best place to but a jetski?

Dude, I believe the best way to move your jetski is to pull it rather than mount it on the roof. Baka mahirapan ang CRV pag nasas taas. I've seen bigger SUVs (a land cruiser) who used a wagon like device to mount the jetski and pull it like a trailer truck.

Magkano ba jetski ngayon?

dude, you got it all wrong....what I meant to mount on the roof is my bike (bisikleta).....Ive seen pictures of it....but none in banawe area has details on the accesories and mounting procedure......

sa jetski namn, Iam just asking maybe some here has some info......price ranges around 250-500k depends if its brand new and size of its engine.....There is also a towing procedure for CRV

dude, you got it all wrong....what I meant to mount on the roof is my bike (bisikleta).....Ive seen pictures of it....but none in banawe area has details on the accesories and mounting procedure......

Better for you to mount your bikes on the back rather on the roof. It's easier to dismount the bike, plus you don't have to worry about places with low headroom. You also don't have to be wary of trees with low branches that can snag and damage the bikes.

Better for you to mount your bikes on the back rather on the roof. It's easier to dismount the bike, plus you don't have to worry about places with low headroom. You also don't have to be wary of trees with low branches that can snag and damage the bikes.

I think that's only possible for suv's or vans without the spare wheel on the back, I saw it on innova where they mount it on the back like you said......

i need tip...buying a crv pero i've heard talgang nasa 6-7 km/li lang ang consumption? is this true? wud u advise me to go for diesele SUV/AUV na lang like the crosswind Xuvi?

Dude, depende sa likes mo yan! If your going for economical purchase go for crosswind not xtrail or crv. Crosswind will provide you great milage specially for manual transfmissions. But if your looking for aggressive driving and engine power go for the crv.

By the way crosswinds fuel economy has affected its power and acceleration specially on the A/Ts. Going to Baguio will give you a little hard time compared to the crv. A tamaraw fx 1.8 gasoline with same amount of load with crosswind will outrun the crosswind in climbing. In addition handling of the crosswind is too bad, mas maganda pa handling ng tamaraw fx based sa experience ko. Later.

I think that's only possible for suv's or vans without the spare wheel on the back, I saw it on innova where they mount it on the back like you said......

Hey dudes. My 2 cents worth...

BIKE RACK: you can get good bike racks at THULE in greenhills. You can also check out thule in any TRUE VALUE outlet. Another good brand is YAKIMA. Im not sure though who distributes this now. Try VELO in Cartimar...

There are a few types of roof racks. One is where you mount the entire bike, as is, in the rack. The other is where you remove the front wheels and mount your fork into the rack. Back wheel strapped to the rack. As i was reading this thread, its true that you might have a difficult time mounting and dismounting your bike if it was at the roof. Best solution is to bring a small ladder or an apple box so you could step on something when trying to mount / dismount your bike. Also another tip is to park beside a high sidewalk so you can get your bike from there...

For CRV's, you can also try a tire rack. I used to have on of this myself before. The rack mounts to the spare tire. Of course, if you have a case for your spare, you should remove this. Problem with this is that, depending on your bike, the bike sometimes exceeds the width of your crv. But its ok, coz you can remove the front wheels then ok na sya, di na lampas. However, another down side, although it never happened to me, the guys trailing you at the back can't help but stare at your bike while following you. This way, nakakatakot na mabangga ka nila coz of oggling!!! My BIKE!!!! (Im more concerned bout the bike kasi yun walang insurance, yung CRV meron naman!)

Also, for the roof rack, you should get a permit together with your registration that you are allowed to carry top load. Mga plus 50 bucks lang yata sa registration.

JETSKI: My bro is selling his Seadoo. Never used. 2002 model. With trailer, brand new din. 700+ cc ata. 2 seater. Its in alabang if any of you guys are seriously interested. I will give you the details / specs.

Thanks.

who r the crv owners here? maybe we can share notes. im lookin also for some accessories...where is best to buy with affordable rates? ty

Great thread! I own a 2003, MT.

maybe about 7kms per liter in the city, 8.5 to 9 on highway provided you keep the speed between 90 to 110kph. beyond that, the crv is a big car to drag so fuel consumption increases.

I'm looking at changing the wheels and mags to something bigger but I'm reluctant that it might affect the ride. Ayoko pa naman ang bumby, has anyone tried putting a 17-inch wheel on their CRVs? How was it?

never tried it on my crv but i installed 17inch bbs on my civic then. just remember the "+1, -1 rule" for every inch of rim diameter you add, you subtract 1inch of tyre profile" so effectively you still get overall circumference. good luck.

i agree. if you are mounting your expensive bike on the roof, be alert always. you wouldnt want to damage the bike and your car roof at the same time.

Edited by masi

any 2003 crv owner who experienced problems with the air conditioner?

a few months ago, i had the airconditioning system of my crv practically replaced in full. i changed the compressor, evaporator and condenser all at once since the compressor exploded contaminating the oil renderring the evaporator and condenser useless. the service crew of sanden told me that i was the 4th 2003 crv owner who brought their unit due to compressor trouble. apparently this is a common occurrence for 2003 models. any of you guys experienced the same?

Edited by masi
Hey dudes.  My 2 cents worth...

BIKE RACK:  you can get good bike racks at THULE in greenhills.  You can also check out thule in any TRUE VALUE outlet.  Another good brand is YAKIMA.  Im not sure though who distributes this now.  Try VELO in Cartimar...

There are a few types of roof racks.  One is where you mount the entire bike, as is, in the rack.  The other is where you remove the front wheels and mount your fork into the rack.  Back wheel strapped to the rack.  As i was reading this thread, its true that you might have a difficult time mounting and dismounting your bike if it was at the roof.  Best solution is to bring a small ladder or an apple box so you could step on something when trying to mount / dismount your bike.  Also another tip is to park beside a high sidewalk so you can get your bike from there...

For CRV's, you can also try a tire rack.  I used to have on of this myself before.  The rack mounts to the spare tire.  Of course, if you have a case for your spare, you should remove this.  Problem with this is that, depending on your bike, the bike sometimes exceeds the width of your crv.  But its ok, coz you can remove the front wheels then ok na sya, di na lampas.  However, another down side, although it never happened to me, the guys trailing you at the back can't help but stare at your bike while following you.  This way, nakakatakot na mabangga ka nila coz of oggling!!!  My BIKE!!!! (Im more concerned bout the bike kasi yun walang insurance, yung CRV meron naman!) 

Also, for the roof rack, you should get a permit together with your registration that you are allowed to carry top load.  Mga plus 50 bucks lang yata sa registration.

JETSKI:  My bro is selling his Seadoo.  Never used.  2002 model.  With trailer, brand new din.  700+ cc ata.  2 seater.  Its in alabang if any of you guys are seriously interested.  I will give you the details / specs.

Thanks.

THanx dude! very informative......

In my own opinion, I think its better to get the tire rack since its a lot easier to mount.....and I do have a free hard tire cover, but anyhow its easy to take off......

he he he!.....OO nga namn walang insurance yun bike.......and judging about distractions, your caution is valid (I myself have my shares due to sexy chicks)........ :(

Jetski: eh?....jus wonderin why he never used it? how much is he planing to sell? a pic might help....

tnx agen..... :cool:

i agree. if you are mounting your  expensive bike on the roof, be alert always.  you wouldnt want to damage the bike and your car roof at the same time.

Not to mention when parking in malls.....you might forgot your load make your's an equivalent of a full sized truck!.... :lol:

I'm looking at changing the wheels and mags to something bigger but I'm reluctant that it might affect the ride. Ayoko pa naman ang bumby, has anyone tried putting a 17-inch wheel on their CRVs? How was it?

Not advisable, you'll void your warranty if you replace the original parts.....do it after 3 years from purchase