Books We Loved When We Were Kids

Grimace

I started my love affair with books when I was three, I didn't even know how to read then. I had this collection of fairy tale books that also has puzzles and stickers. Looking back, I learned a lot from them and they helped shaped my character and outlook in life.

But then, later on I realized that these books also had negative effects on the subconscious mind. For instance, the concept of beauty being fair skinned, blonde and blue eyed or that women need men to rescue them or to make their life complete...

Nevertheless, I still love these stories that lead you to faraway kingdoms full of happily ever afters and where dreams do come true, even for ugly ducklings or wooden toys... Where the simple words convey so much passion and teach great values in life...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest PinkGraffiti

sleeping beauty tsaka yung little red riding hood.. i remmber how mom got a lil irritated whenever i asked her to read it for me for the nth time. lol!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...