2) Just spoke with the girl. i was very open with her, asking her if she had other partners. I said it was ok.. we are clearly not in a relationship, and ok lang if she has just like ok lang if i have and she knows this.. yet she still maintain wala daw syang ibang sex partners...

if so.. where could i have gotten it? Is it possible i had it for months na (for example, encounter with a diff girl pero months ago pa yun.. and with condom naman) and then i just got the symptoms (pain and discharge one week after i had sex with this fubu of mine one week later? (di ba coincidence naman yun?) Or could she be lying to me?

Im not out to blame or be angry at anyone. Ultimately its my fault and my responsibility, and i am taking steps to fix my situation. But i just wanna know if she gave it to me and she's lying to me about having partners (could it be she's been a carrier for months or years na without knowing.. i can only confirm she had had sex with somene else at least 2 years ago) Ako naman could i have been a carrier WITHOUT going thru the symptoms? I would like to know din if i am the culprit and could have possibly infected her or something so i could help her out din. Kahit naman sya ang culprit i would help her too. Pero i wish maging honest sya if she did have other partners pero wala daw talaga... could this be possible? (remember i had symptoms 1 week after sex with her.. again, few seconds only of unprotected then i used condom, plus unprotected oral sex) Just wanna know.... tnx again....

bro, it may be prudent if you have yourself tested for HIV also..

given that you contracted STD twice before, it's possible that your immune system merely contained your prior infection...

the reoccurence may have been caused by a compromised Immune system or function.

kawawa naman mga CC pips. the reports shown on TV is just a small percent of the whole population.

And in case magpacheck ka, pwede naman sabihin na CC ako work. Cguro mas ok kung they just reported na tumataas ang rate ng infected pips rather than ganun.

sa FR palang kasi sa mtc dami na. medyo hindi na suprising kung may taga CC na magka aids.

sure ba na pimple? kasi kung pimple lang eh i think its ok. kasi we do get pimples sa face, sa back for some people, so i think pimple down there is probably caused by stuff like irritated pore sa skin. napaparanoid na ba kayo? hehehe

the best talaga is to go to a doctor. yun lang talaga makakasagot sa tanong ninyo.

I just want to ask our resident docs here @ mtc....

its kinda embarassing but i need to ask your opinion...

my wife and i recently had a baby and since my wife cant do the deed, i squeeze myself and occassionaly visit ESpas . . . i dont do ATW in these ESpas.

now what i noticed is that at the bottom of my wang, in the pubes area, there are "white-heads"-like rashes if u will call it. it doesnt cover everything, just a part of the bottom area. i thought at first, it was just a result when u pull ur hair, ur skin gets pulled also right?...but when i checked, para tlga siyang mga wite heads...

i hope you can help me guys...tnx!

yeah pimples talaga. yung sakit daw parang pimple sa mukha. totoo medyo paranoid na.. kaya nga nasa huli pag sisisi... pasagot na din po tong question..

thanks...

pag may sipon si junior punta na agad sa doctor for treatment, wag ho kaung mg self medicate bro at baka mag ka immune lng kayo ng anti biotic. pakapalan na lng ng mukha... babaeng doctor pa nga napuntahan ko ..very professional naman sila at maiintindihan nila sit mo. hanap ka lng ng hospital na walang nakakakilala sa inyo at gumamit na lng kau ng ibang pangalan.Goodluck mga GM. practice safe sex always.

According to DOH sa news, epidemic na raw ang HIV/AIDS sa Philippines.

Well, di rin natin masisisi kung ganito nga kasi lumobo yung bilang ng mga nahawaan.

And maaring dumami pa kasi yung mga iba na kahit na-test na na nag-negative ngayon eh posible pa ring maging positive sa susunod na test nila.

Then, yung mga negative now, eh di naman natin alam kung tumigil muna sila or patuloy pa rin sa dating gawi kasi nga negative, pwede silang makahawa ng iba kasi nga years ang kailangan mong magpa-test para sure na wala kang HIV.

According to DOH sa news, epidemic na raw ang HIV/AIDS sa Philippines.

Well, di rin natin masisisi kung ganito nga kasi lumobo yung bilang ng mga nahawaan.

And maaring dumami pa kasi yung mga iba na kahit na-test na na nag-negative ngayon eh posible pa ring maging positive sa susunod na test nila.

Then, yung mga negative now, eh di naman natin alam kung tumigil muna sila or patuloy pa rin sa dating gawi kasi nga negative, pwede silang makahawa ng iba kasi nga years ang kailangan mong magpa-test para sure na wala kang HIV.

The test w/c will determine if u r HIV positive or not, is called "ELISA". This test doesn't look for the virus inside ur body but what it actually do is determine if u have the antibodies w/c will fight the virus. If a certain virus enters enters ur body, ur body defends itself by producing antibodies to counter the virus. Therefore, if the test is done & it was determined that u have the antibodies, then this means that u r HIV positive w/c may develop into the full blown AIDS. I believe it will take roughly 6 months for ur body to produce enough amount of antibodies before the ELISA test can effectively performed. Thus, if someone gets infected w/ HIV today & came out as HIV positive after 6 months, that person could unknowingly be spreading the virus w/in those 6 months. It's too bad coz eventho our body is able to produce the antibodies, the HIV is one, bad mother f@&%er, so it all ends up w/ AIDS after approx. 10 years. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Some people have been reacting to what was said in the news about the HIV Epidemic. This thought came to me while reading the posts on this thread. Could it be that the condom manufacturers r paying the government to strike fear into our minds so that more Filipinos would buy condoms? But in any case, it's still better to be protected than to be sorry.

post-182569-1267179722.jpg

post-182569-1267179734.jpg

post-182569-1267179745.jpg

Statistics shows that at present there are at least 65 new cases monthly of AIDS/HIV infection in the Philippines (2 cases a day), this data of new infections are now widespread all over the country and is nearing epidemic proportions. The Department of Health says that the only way to curtail the spread of this dreaded disease is to follow ABC, Abstain, Be Loyal, use Condom.

Edited by pol22366

This should be merged with the other HIV/AIDS thread. Same topic. Same epidemic daw. 65 new HIV case out of 90,000,000 Filipinos. Shouldn't we be more concerned with Dengue instead?

Anyway, ano ba talaga? Sabi sa powerpoint mo, 2 new cases per day.

Tapos sasabihin mo, 65 new cases DAILY! How can you convince other people if you yourself don't read your own materials?

Edited by camiar
This should be merged with the other HIV/AIDS thread. Same topic. Same epidemic daw. 65 new HIV case out of 90,000,000 Filipinos. Shouldn't we be more concerned with Dengue instead?

Anyway, ano ba talaga? Sabi sa powerpoint mo, 2 new cases per day.

Tapos sasabihin mo, 65 new cases DAILY! How can you convince other people if you yourself don't read your own materials?

Edited na po, as MTC members AIDS/HIV incidents are disconcerting also, specially with the DOH caution that Condoms are only 85 percent effective against the said virus.

Edited by pol22366
Edited na po, as MTC members AIDS/HIV incidents are disconcerting also, specially with the DOH caution that Condoms are only 85 percent effective against the said virus.

Teka, teka! Me mali pa rin.

I looked at your Power Point chart more closely. It seems that the figures shown are number of new cases PER YEAR -- tama ba talaga yung heading na per month yung figures? If it is per year, the number of new cases was 44 in 2008 and 65 in 2009, and the average occurence of new cases rose from 0.12 case/day in 2008 (one new case every eight days) to 0.18 case per day in 2009(one new case every six days).

Statistically then, 0.0000007% of Filipinos are infected with HIV/AIDS per year (or per month --- if the Power Point heading is correct) . But can you claim is as an epidemic? Last year, there were 15,000 new cases of the deadly dengue in the first six months alone. That's what an epidemic is.

Is this a religious campaign to scare us into leading sexually moral lives? If it is, scare tactics wouldn't work. Try a more level headed approach, with correct presentation of data.

Edited by camiar

I looked at your Power Point chart more closely. It seems that the figures shown are number of new cases PER YEAR -- tama ba talaga yung heading na per month yung figures? If it is per year, the number of new cases was 44 in 2008 and 65 in 2009, and the average occurence of new cases rose from 0.12 case/day in 2008 (one new case every eight days) to 0.18 case per day in 2009(one new case every six days).

Statistically then, 0.0000007% of Filipinos are infected with HIV/AIDS per year (or per month --- if the Power Point heading is correct) . But can you claim is as an epidemic? Last year, there were 15,000 new cases of the deadly dengue in the first six months alone. That's what an epidemic is.

Is this a religious campaign to scare us into leading sexually moral lives? If it is, scare tactics wouldn't work. Try a more level headed approach, with correct presentation of data.

Graph reads that there is an average of 44 new cases per month for the year 2008 and there is an average of 65 new cases per month for the year 2009. Based on 2009 data, it is expected that there will be at least be 2 new cases of HIV infection per day from the basic calculation 65 divided by 30 is roughly equal to 2.

HIV is a special case because people don't always develop symptoms when infected. A carrier of HIV may not even know about it and find out later when symptoms show; where there are cases that it took 10 years before the symptoms showed. Thus, the carrier may be infecting others and not even know it. There is no cure for HIV.

With dengue, symptoms occur in 2-7 days and there is possibility of recovering from the infection.

85 per cent is too low. Actually, it is not easy to get HIV, that is, even without a condom, of course, there are slight details that you have to know though. Most HIV carriers got infected from sharing needles and doing anal sex without a condom. People who had prior STD infection are highly susceptible to infection. So, the best thing to do is wear a condom when doing the deed.

Iyong mga kababayan nating OFW na mga marino. Magbalot kayo ng condom kapag napadpad kayo sa Eastern Bloc countries tulad ng Russia. 90% ng mga prostitutes diyan ay HIV positive dahil lahat ay drug users. Mahigit 1 million ang HIV positive sa Russia. Maski mas maganda pa iyan kay Ruffa G, huwag na huwag kayong mag-iisip na walang sakit iyan.

An average of 2 cases a day...or about 65 cases a month for 2009. No data yet for 2010 but I'm sure it increased because there are no prevalent countermeasures existing at this time. It is already an epidemic because the increase is country wide as shown by the red dots on the Philippine map or the middle illustration.

85 per cent is too low. Actually, it is not easy to get HIV, that is, even without a condom, of course, there are slight details that you have to know though. Most HIV carriers got infected from sharing needles and doing anal sex without a condom. People who had prior STD infection are highly susceptible to infection. So, the best thing to do is wear a condom when doing the deed.

That data did not come from me, its DOH released.

Here is the DOH source for the 85% condom effectiveness against HIV/AIDS

Scientific Review Panel Confirms Condoms Are Effective Against HIV/AIDS,

But Epidemiological Studies Are Insufficient for Other STDs

A special review panel led by HHS' National Institutes of Health has concluded that male latex condoms can effectively reduce transmission of HIV/AIDS. However, the panel's report also finds that epidemiological evidence is insufficient to determine the effectiveness of condoms in actual use for preventing most other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

The report confirms that correct and consistent use of condoms can reduce the risk of HIV/AIDS transmission. Epidemiological studies also show condoms can prevent men from acquiring gonorrhea from a female partner, the report concludes.

However, the review panel concluded that epidemiological evidence is currently insufficient to provide an accurate assessment of the effectiveness of condoms in preventing spread of chlamydial infection, syphilis, chancroid, trichomoniasis, genital herpes and genital human papillomavirus (HPV) infection.

The panel said that "because of limitations in study designs, there was insufficient evidence from the epidemiological studies on these diseases to draw definite conclusions" about the effectiveness of condoms in actual use. It noted that "the absence of definitive conclusions reflected inadequacies of the evidence available and should not be interpreted as proof of the adequacy or inadequacy of the condom to reduce the risk of STDs." The panel also recommended further well-designed research to help answer remaining questions.

At the request of former Rep. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma, the National Institutes of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Food and Drug Administration, and the U.S. Agency for International Development organized the workshop held in June 2000. Twenty-eight expert panel members analyzed more than 138 peer-reviewed, published studies on the properties and user patterns of the male latex condom during penile-vaginal intercourse.

Meta-analysis of several studies showed an 85 percent decrease in risk of HIV transmission among consistent condom users versus non-users. These data provide compelling evidence that consistent use of the latex male condom is a highly effective method for preventing HIV transmission, the report said. Studies also show a 49 percent to100 percent reduction in risk of gonorrhea among men reporting condom use compared with non-users.

For the other STDs reviewed, existing studies were found insufficient to accurately assess effectiveness. For HPV, the panel found there was no evidence that condom use reduced the risk of HPV infection, but study results did suggest that condom use might afford some reduction in risk of HPV-associated diseases.

STDs, including HIV infection, affect more than 65 million people in the United States. Many STDs can cause infertility, problems with pregnancy, and can be passed from a mother to her infant. Long-term infection with HPV can cause cervical cancer if not diagnosed (through annual pap smears) and treated. In addition, most STDs increase the likelihood of transmitting HIV infection at least 2 to 5-fold. While most STDs can be treated successfully, no vaccine is currently available to prevent infection by organisms that cause STDs, except for hepatitis B.

The workshop summary, "Scientific Evidence on Condom Effectiveness for Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Prevention," is available on the Web at www.niaid.nih.gov/dmid/stds/condomreport.pdf

Edited by pol22366

The religious sector (especially the CBCP) would rather link with same group other than the DOH with which it shares certain friction over STI issues. I don't have the data, but a recent report (I just saw it this morning via my classmate in grad school) by a team led by Dr. Eric Tayag plans to do a comprehensive program on HIV/AIDS due to its alarming condition. Yes, dengue, schistosomiasis, and tuberculosis are more prevalent but these are relatively easier to prevent, easier to treat and easier to detect. Compare that with HIV. Add to that the fact that these infectious diseases are more or less chancy for us to contract. We can't be too sure that we won't be infected tomorrow. But that's the job of our immune system, and HIV is where our immune system fails. Yet the spread of HIV is almost entirely within our hands.